Forza Horizon 4's Next Update Scheduled for January 15, More Details on Forza Monthly

Free-For-All sounds like a good thing to introduce, I might end up giving that a go myself. It's really disheartening to note the lack of audio fixes though :(

I hope the Car Pass will bring the Ford Capri 280 Brooklands. It's arguably a classic in the UK and Forza usually doesn't hold back when it comes to Ford. Maybe in this update? We'll see.

Hopefully there'll be no collision racing online. Currently online is a demolition derby when in racing events.

I'd like to see them add the Forza 7 collision model changes, that make cars a bit more resilient to being pushed and knocked around. Would probably help a lot with people getting pushed outside checkpoints.

Actual races without collisions are basically just time trials. I get why some people like that, but I don't think it's in the spirit of the Horizon games to opt for something so... antiseptic?... in what is intended to be a more casual-oriented experience than the Motorsport games.

Actual races without collisions are basically just time trials. I get why some people like that, but I don't think it's in the spirit of the Horizon games to opt for something so... antiseptic?... in what is intended to be a more casual-oriented experience than the Motorsport games.

What's more casual than racing against ghosted opponents? :lol:

What's more casual than racing against ghosted opponents? :lol:

Haha. I meant more that people looking for a more "arcade-ish" experience like Horizon don't want cars that just phase through each other - they want the thrill of rubbing and knocking each other around (within reason). Not ghosted time trials where they focus on shaving a few hundredths of a second off their splits, or whatever.

Hell, I think the chaos of Horizon online races is actually thrilling up to a point - the same point most people hit. Slingshot wall-riding maneuvers, using cars as bumpers in corners, getting shoved outside checkpoints, and so on.

Having to acknowledge and strategically contend with the physical space being occupied by your opponents is a big part of what makes racing fun, for me. With ghosts, you lose that.

Back