Forza Horizon 5 Has Picked Up A Million New Players Every Day Since Launch

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments
What is the selling point to people? Why should I pick this up if say.. I thought horizon 3 was 7 out of 10?

What is the selling point to people? Why should I pick this up if say.. I thought horizon 3 was 7 out of 10?

Assuming that you also skipped Horizon 4, which is the impression I got from your question, the biggest selling point that's being talked about is how open-ended the game is, as well as how much stuff you have to do. Besides normal racing and exploring, you can also do small "stories" that let you drive a variety of vehicles, partake in community-created challenges and races, create your own challenges and races (what you can do goes well beyond a normal route creator), and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. And you basically get access to all of this after an hour or two of the game's "tutorial," and you're let loose to Horizon 5's much bigger, and (imo) prettier and more enjoyable map.

Also, performance customization got a mild overhaul. Most cars now have access to a greater variety of "big parts" like tires, suspension setups, engine and aspiration swaps, etc. This allows you to build a much more diverse selection of cars, such as taking a Ford Raptor giving it race slicks and suspension, and turning it into an formidable track weapon. Or, maybe something a bit more mild, like taking the Peugeot 205 and Porsche 959 Prodrive, give them proper off-road tires, and modding them into something reminiscent of their Dakar counterparts. The basic racing gameplay hasn't changed much, however (I believe) the tire model and physics have gotten a slight update. Cars are now much grippier overall, and also feel like they have more weight to them than Horizon 3. Tire upgrades don't boost your PI rating nearly as much as they used to, which was probably my biggest overall complaint with Horizon 3.

If there are any negatives, it's that because of the open-endedness of Horizon 5, the progression does suffer. The game doesn't force you to do the Gran Turismo-esque "start with a bad car and work your way up" style of progression (in fact, once you complete the initial intro race, you're given 3 pre-tuned mid-level cars from the get-go). Also, Much like Horizon 3 & 4, the game also hemorrhage cars at you via the wheelspin system, which is a turn-off for some people. That being said, there's now a gifting system for cars, which allows you to take a car that you don't use much and gift them to a random player. Also, the game is currently having some issues in terms of servers and connectivity, and there are also a good number of (mostly small) bugs present. However, PG is aware of these issues and does have a log listing what they're working on.

Overall, comparing the two, I'd say that Horizon 5 is a massive upgrade over 3 in terms of things to do, and there are some solid quality-of-life changes that have been introduced between the 2 games, though the core gameplay is very familiar. There's much, much more in the way of changes, but I honestly don't have the time, will power or probably character limit to go through them all. If you have Game Pass (or at least are willing to get a month of Game Pass), it's 100% worth downloading and checking out imo.

Last edited:
Assuming that you also skipped Horizon 4, which is the impression I got from your question, the biggest selling point that's being talked about is how open-ended the game is, as well as how much stuff you have to do. Besides normal racing and exploring, you can also do small "stories" that let you drive a variety of vehicles, partake in community-created challenges and races, create your own challenges and races (what you can do goes well beyond a normal route creator), and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. And you basically get access to all of this after an hour or two of the game's "tutorial," and you're let loose to Horizon 5's much bigger, and (imo) prettier and more enjoyable map.

Also, performance customization got a mild overhaul. Most cars now have access to a greater variety of "big parts" like tires, suspension setups, engine and aspiration swaps, etc. This allows you to build a much more diverse selection of cars, such as taking a Ford Raptor giving it race slicks and suspension, and turning it into an formidable track weapon. Or, maybe something a bit more mild, like taking the Peugeot 205 and Porsche 959 Prodrive, give them proper off-road tires, and modding them into something reminiscent of their Dakar counterparts. The basic racing gameplay hasn't changed much, however (I believe) the tire model and physics have gotten a slight update. Cars are now much grippier overall, and also feel like they have more weight to them than Horizon 3. Tire upgrades don't boost your PI rating nearly as much as they used to, which was probably my biggest overall complaint with Horizon 3.

If there are any negatives, it's that because of the open-endedness of Horizon 5, the progression does suffer. The game doesn't force you to do the Gran Turismo-esque "start with a bad car and work your way up" style of progression (in fact, once you complete the initial intro race, you're given 3 pre-tuned mid-level cars from the get-go). Also, Much like Horizon 3 & 4, the game also hemorrhage cars at you via the wheelspin system, which is a turn-off for some people. That being said, there's now a gifting system for cars, which allows you to take a car that you don't use much and gift them to a random player. Also, the game is currently having some issues in terms of servers and connectivity, and there are also a good number of (mostly small) bugs present. However, PG is aware of these issues and does have a log listing what they're working on.

Overall, comparing the two, I'd say that Horizon 5 is a massive upgrade over 3 in terms of things to do, and there are some solid quality-of-life changes that have been introduced between the 2 games, though the core gameplay is very familiar. There's much, much more in the way of changes, but I honestly don't have the time, will power or probably character limit to go through them all. If you have Game Pass (or at least are willing to get a month of Game Pass), it's 100% worth downloading and checking out imo.
Thankyou. I appreciate the time you put in to answer. i think i’l pick it up through gamepass

To be fair, everytime you get an Accolade in FH5 you're still playing The Crew 2 since the idea was so blatantly and unashamedly ripped off from there... 😂
To be fair Forza has been ripping off innovations from other games at least since that time they stole Flashbacks from GRiD to use in Forza Motorsport 3.

To also be fair Codies stole the rewind idea from Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time though. As they say, there are only eight notes in the musical scale (and the last one is a cover version of the first). It depends on what you do with them.

Last edited:
The other thing Horizon does better than any other racing game I've ever played is controller assistance.

I am dreadful with the controller, and only raced sims with a wheel for many years, but have recently needed to game with a controller. Forza Horizon gives me by far the most feeling of control and driving enjoyment out of any of my large collection of racing games and sims.

this may not sound all that important, but it really is a big deal. And Horizon 5 is the most controllable of all in the series, notably easier and more stable than FH3.

Currently the most played Xbox game in Canada, according to the Microsoft storefront. Never thought it could surpass Vanguard, let alone the rest of these. Fortnite and Apex typically act as a barrier against new games. Allegedly its the same story on the UK storefront, but is 2nd to Warzone in the US.

1636860964198.png

Last edited:
I am not sure how it is in console, but the PC verison is so incredibly bugged and unfinished that alot of people, including myself are totally turned off.

Glitched graphics, broken online play, disappear player cars, events not working and paying out. The list goes on and on...not sure what everyone is raving about. H4 was a better product.

I am not sure how it is in console, but the PC verison is so incredibly bugged and unfinished that alot of people, including myself are totally turned off.

Glitched graphics, broken online play, disappear player cars, events not working and paying out. The list goes on and on...not sure what everyone is raving about. H4 was a better product.
People are raving about FH5 BECAUSE of the improvements it has over 4, such as engine sounds, the world, customization, etc. At the moment, yes there are issues going on in FH5. PG is aware of it all. Heck, I've encountered just one crash on console (XSX), but I've rarely found any other issues with my game (offline btw). But despite all of that, I wouldn't say FH4 done better, because even that game needed fixing and completing at the time as well.

Last edited:
I find this news unsurprising and well-earned. 👍 FH5 picked up yours truly, an ex-Forza-player, in those millions. Finally, it appears the brand is getting back on track.

Gamepass is incredibly tempting sheesh.
Remember, for new subscribers, you can buy up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold, and then if you pay the £1/$1 upgrade, that gives you 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

I did that during a "payday" sale on CDKeys and got 3 years of GPU for £107!

Basic edition of FH5 is £55, FM8 will be around the same. Anything else I play in the next 3 years, I'm effectively playing for free... 😁

However, please note FH5 is buggy as hell right now, until at least the hot fix next week.

Horizon Arcade doesnt record a score. And doesnt record your points for the season as a result.

The PR stunts do not record your points for the season when you complete them.

I eventually managed to find enough things that registered properly, to get the 26 points for the DeLorean. I've given up on the 46 points for the other car this week.

I'm getting used to the loading times on XBoxOneX though. Basically, I boot up the game, go to do something else (cup of tea etc) then come back.

Oh and one last thing. I hope the hot fix fixes the "cant actually start the game unless you switch off the controller then switch it back on again bug". Its REALLY irritating when you can't even start the bloody game without having to use a workaround!

Remember, for new subscribers, you can buy up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold, and then if you pay the £1/$1 upgrade, that gives you 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

Basic edition of FH5 is £55, FM8 will be around the same. Anything else I play in the next 3 years, I'm effectively playing for free... 😁

However, please note FH5 is buggy as hell right now, until at least the hot fix next week.

Horizon Arcade doesnt record a score. And doesnt record your points for the season as a result.

I eventually managed to find enough things that registered properly, to get the 26 points for the DeLorean. I've given up on the 46 points for the other car this week.

I'm getting used to the loading times on XBoxOneX though. Basically, I boot up the game, go to do something else (cup of tea etc) then come back.

Oh and one last thing. I hope the hot fix fixes the "cant actually start the game unless you switch off the controller then switch it back on again bug". Its REALLY irritating when you can't even start the bloody game without having to use a workaround!
I was disappointed after getting my 46 points for the Aston Martin, to find that I had already obtained the car from a wheel spin and didn't need to go through the rest of the playlist after getting the DeLorean. I Thought the the Aston was an exclusive car to the Playlist and didn't realize that it could be obtained by other means.

Next week ? this week hotfix is it not and stop calling it hot fix cos it's damn cold now lol

Gamepass is incredibly tempting sheesh.
it is at 1 month for£1 and 2 months free

The other thing Horizon does better than any other racing game I've ever played is controller assistance.

I am dreadful with the controller, and only raced sims with a wheel for many years, but have recently needed to game with a controller. Forza Horizon gives me by far the most feeling of control and driving enjoyment out of any of my large collection of racing games and sims.

this may not sound all that important, but it really is a big deal. And Horizon 5 is the most controllable of all in the series, notably easier and more stable than FH3.
It IS important. However the award for best racing game controller feeling doesn’t go to any Forza game IMO, I’d give that one to Codemasters for their Dirt Rally 2.0 implementation. Absolutely brilliant. The Forza franchise comes second.

It IS important. However the award for best racing game controller feeling doesn’t go to any Forza game IMO, I’d give that one to Codemasters for their Dirt Rally 2.0 implementation. Absolutely brilliant. The Forza franchise comes second.

I'd say virtually all of codemasters games control perfectly on controller.. :)

Back