• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Was hoping for something different rather than going back to Hot Wheels. Just hoping there's improvements over the FH3 map otherwise it sounds pretty disappointing.

I'm honestly OK with this. While I was hoping for something more original for the first expansion, the Hot Wheels Expansion in FH3 was a ton of fun, and was a really unique playing experience. If it's going to be an improved version of that, then I have a hard time seeing myself disliking it.

Last edited:
Part of me is a little disappointed that it seems like a rehash, but then it's also arguably the best DLC Horizon has had so if they were going to rehash something this would be it. And FH5 has come a long way from what FH3 was capable of, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there's some notable new additions on top of the obvious Hot Wheels track based gameplay.

I'm willing to wait and see what they have to offer before writing this off entirely simply based on it being Hot Wheels.

Cool with me. The map in Horizon 3 was incredible, it should be interesting to see what else they may be able to fit in.

With this leak happening today of all days I wonder if it is going to get an offical announcement at the Summer Games Fest Livestream later today, So Microsoft can Showcase Forza Motorsport at their Games Showcase event on Sunday.

Last edited:
Also with the first expansion relese so late i am starting to think that next forza motorsport won’t release until 2023

Hallmark of laziness and corporate greed.

Same old rehashed expansion. I wont even call this an expansion to be honest.

So many car themes they can explore but nope its either hot wheels or legos.

Forza Horizon 1 had street racing. They can do a expansion which focuses on the underground and build your project car. Or have some sort of gumball or cannonball style expansion. If not do a hillclimb expansion as Mexico has the bloody terrain for it.

You haven't even seen what it looks like. If it's rehashed simply because it's "Hot Wheels" then you must consider the entire Forza Horizon 5 game to be a rehash of previous titles?
Yup, pretty much right on that...

Forza Horizon 1 had street racing. They can do a expansion which focuses on the underground and build your project car. Or have some sort of gumball or cannonball style expansion. If not do a hillclimb expansion as Mexico has the bloody terrain for it.
Well, one of the codenames given to the other expansions is Nightfall. Who knows what it'll be but that could be something they're looking at doing later on?

This Hot Wheels expansion is like the Vision GT in Gran Turismo. They add it up, maybe cool, but no one knows what it is for. Although the Vision GT still defend itself by the fact that someone actually sketched and designed this car, which may one day be released. Hot Wheels are toys, mixing them in racing with real cars is pathetic.

Last edited:
Well that's extremely disappointing.

The Hot Wheels expansion was incredibly fun in FH3, but I was fully expecting something new, not something that's already been done.

This is why i stopped buying the premium edition. This was just 'okay' in FH3. Really nothing special. I get FH has a big kid audience but i have no desire to play this or Lego. I just want more along the lines of blizzard mountain or storm island. New map (semi-related to the base game), new realistic or close to realistic theme or new feature, new real world cars etc. Also, delivering a copy/paste DLC in June/July as the first, when normally this would be the time of the second DLC makes this all the more disappointing.

This is exactly why I didn't buy the premium edition after I did with FH3 and 4. Even though I enjoyed the HW expansion in FH3, I was so disappointed with the crappy Lego expansion in 4, and the fact that they abandoned treasure island, It turned me off the premium edition of FH5 completely. So far I am glad I did not buy it.

Although deep inside, I'm surprised PG are going with another HW expansion. But I'm more than willing to give them a chance to see how this turns out before claiming "it bad".

You haven't even seen what it looks like. If it's rehashed simply because it's "Hot Wheels" then you must consider the entire Forza Horizon 5 game to be a rehash of previous titles?
I mean. People were already saying FH5 was just a reskin FH4 with a bigger map. This one however, we haven't even seen it in action yet to even consider it a rehash many here are treating it as...

Last edited:
It's incredibly disappointing that they're going back to the Hot Wheels well as the first expansion no less. The HW expansion for FH3 exposed the worst parts of Horizon's physics engine when it came to the racing within, and I imagine it will be the same here.

What I find hilarious though is the consternation about 'realism' from some and wanting something more grounded and 'hardcore'. Yes, because the game where you can race hypercars on dirt is meant to be 'realistic' lmao.

Latest Posts

Back