Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels Expansion Pack

• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments
disney huh?

View attachment 1160316

Cars expansion???😳

MV5BMTUxOTlhYWYtZjkwNi00MmI4LWJlYjUtYWEyOGVmN2ZmMWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5OTk2OA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

The magnet track was quite literally in the original trailer and the article for which this is the discussion thread...

The article on Forza.net detailing the Hot Wheels expansion has received an interesting edit...

Editor’s Note: We incorrectly stated that the 2019 Italdesign DaVinci Concept is included in Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels. Instead, the 1993 Schuppan 962CR is coming in the expansion. We have corrected this in the article.

not to forget the 8 bonus cars of pretty much the same car with different bodies* which were in the last game but removed to be sold back to you except not because it's a "bonus" for buying the Car Pass (despite clearly being in the price because this is the only way they're available).
Not to nitpick, Famine - but the six drift cars (and two non-drifty vehicles under the Chris Forsberg brand) included in the FH5 Formula Drift pack were new to Forza. The cars featured in the FM7 and FH4 pack are included in the base game and can be bought on the Autoshow.

Not to nitpick, Famine - but the six drift cars (and two non-drifty vehicles under the Chris Forsberg brand) included in the FH5 Formula Drift pack were new to Forza. The cars featured in the FM7 and FH4 pack are included in the base game and can be bought on the Autoshow.
The gag is that the Formula Drift cars are all the same car with different bodies:
*I know they aren't that, but ultimately the Formula Drift cars are just "pick the body/colour/engine you like most and go sliding"
The eight "bonus" cars therefore being just eight further variations of "pick the body/colour/engine you like most and go sliding" and could just have been in the base game as versions of the existing ones that were in the last game. They're not really that but they are effectively that - if I have a Formula Drift thing to do, or a Drift thing the Formula Drift cars can fit in, I just pick one I've not driven before because they all drive the same.

Although yes, two are Chris Forsberg cars and one's a stock car, so not particularly drifty and it does **** on the joke a bit.

Last edited:
Anybody know when this blasted thing is available? It's supposed to be the 19th. It's after noon here on the 19th and still not running in my game. It's installed, I double checked, but the game doesn't mention it.

Anybody know when this blasted thing is available? It's supposed to be the 19th. It's after noon here on the 19th and still not running in my game. It's installed, I double checked, but the game doesn't mention it.
You're a month early

Hallmark of laziness and corporate greed.

Same old rehashed expansion. I wont even call this an expansion to be honest.

So many car themes they can explore but nope its either hot wheels or legos.

Forza Horizon 1 had street racing. They can do a expansion which focuses on the underground and build your project car. Or have some sort of gumball or cannonball style expansion. If not do a hillclimb expansion as Mexico has the bloody terrain for it.
How is it rehashed content? Hot Wheels is a popular theme they can do lots with and be fun. Like FH5 already has a bone shaker monster truck in a showcase event. The FH3 expansion came out 5 years ago and unavailable now. It’ll be brand new to tons of people as this series has exploded in players on Gamepass.

Last edited:
Formula Drift cars are all the same car with different bodies

they all drive the same.
I would expect stuff like this from my wife. She likes blue cars the most. Now from someone that is a car enthusiast...
What is the point in having more than one car per class when all cars drive the same? Developers are scanning all those cars and paying for licences for nothing. They could just gave us one FD car, one JDM, one Muscle and one European car.Car list done.

I would expect stuff like this from my wife. She likes blue cars the most. Now from someone that is a car enthusiast...
What is the point in having more than one car per class when all cars drive the same?
I never said that. I said that the Formula Drift cars all drive the same.

I drive whatever one I've not driven recently, or the Twerkstallion because rotary. They... all drive the same.

I never said that. I said that the Formula Drift cars all drive the same.

I drive whatever one I've not driven recently, or the Twerkstallion because rotary. They... all drive the same.
To me they all drive the same too. But those cars are targeting the Drift community. And I'm pretty sure drifters all tune those cars to make the most of it and I guess they like to choose from. I really doubt they all drive the same to them.

How is it rehashed content? Hot Wheels is a popular theme they can do lots with and be fun. Like FH5 already has a bone shaker monster truck in a showcase event. The FH3 expansion came out 5 years ago and unavailable now. It’ll be brand new to tons of people as this series has exploded in players on Gamepass.
Do they really have to do hot wheels again?

When there is other car themes and other forms of car culture that they can explore.

Do they really have to do hot wheels again?

When there is other car themes and other forms of car culture that they can explore.
I think at this point it's already established that we're getting one ludicrous, toy brand inspired, licensed EP per game. Usually it's also the one that requires more work, and that's probably why it was released for last in the FH3 and FH4 days - the fact that they've switched up the order of things makes me hope perhaps FH5's EP2 will be a rather substantial addition in a more grounded direction.

The gag is that the Formula Drift cars are all the same car with different bodies:
Oh, I'm not objecting to that. The Formula Drift cars are basically indistinguishable from each other in how they drive (or rather, slide). But you also said that

were in the last game but removed to be sold back to you
which is a bit confusing to me, because no skin for the LS-swapped supercharged welded diff Formula Drift™ Smokinator® was removed from the base game's roster to end up in the Preorder bonus pack.

Last edited:
To me they all drive the same too. But those cars are targeting the Drift community. And I'm pretty sure drifters all tune those cars to make the most of it and I guess they like to choose from. I really doubt they all drive the same to them.
As someone who regularly uses the FD cars, and likes to experiment with making custom drift cars, I think Famines point is that, from a gameplay perspective, the FD cars are barley any different from each other in terms of how the play. If you took an S14 in the game, V8-swapped it, and tried to give it the same/similar stats to a stock C6 ZR1 or 599 GTO, you'd still have a very different driving experience compared to those cars, whereas there's not a major difference in the FD S14, Z06, C7 or 599, despite having varying stats on paper.

Really, the only place where the differences between the cars can really be felt is on Drift Zones and Drift Lobbies, and I would very much argue (if we're solely talking about the FD cars) that any differences there are mostly going to come down to tuning preferences and the skill of the player, rather than the choice of car, compared to normal racing lobbies.

As someone who regularly uses the FD cars, and likes to experiment with making custom drift cars, I think Famines point is that, from a gameplay perspective, the FD cars are barley any different from each other in terms of how the play.
I understand what he wants to say. But as a car guy I don't understand why point it out. I want every version of Golf GTI for example despite all of them driving the same. Carpass gave us different versions of cars already in the game that barely drive any different. But I'm still happy we got them. I love cars and because of that I want as many of them as possible even if they drive the same.
I suspect it's more of a car I want/don't care thing rather than anything else. To put it simple, no one that wanted the new Audi cars ever thought about the fact that they could drive similarly to the models already in the game. Or can you imagine how absurd would PG sound if they say something like sorry fans we won't bring Alfa Romeo back because there are already cars in game that drive similarly.
Really, the only place where the differences between the cars can really be felt is on Drift Zones and Drift Lobbies, and I would very much argue (if we're solely talking about the FD cars) that any differences there are mostly going to come down to tuning preferences and the skill of the player, rather than the choice of car, compared to normal racing lobbies.
No, you couldn't be more wrong. FH5 has the most advance car building system that let you build anything for everything. I have a rally built Corolla. A grip build GR Supra and M2 and they all do their job pretty good. Your imagination is the only limitation.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back