Forza Horizon 5 Hotfix Addresses Online Issues, Exploits, and Crashes

Patch Notes 1.410.860.0 (Xbox One, Steam), 3.410.860.0 (Xbox Series, PC)

Game Stability
  • Fixed several crashes
  • Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
  • Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
  • Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
  • Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
  • Fixed a crash when upgrading cars

Multiplayer
  • Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
  • Improvements to online traffic
  • Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
  • Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
  • Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
  • Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point

Wheel Compatibility
  • Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC

Exploits
  • Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
  • Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
  • Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
  • Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
  • Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts

DLC
  • Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
  • Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
  • Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins

Rewards
  • Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
  • Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
  • Rebalanced UGC payouts

PC Settings
  • Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
  • Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings
Other
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
  • Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
  • Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
  • Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
  • Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7

Last edited:
Quick to fix the exploit but still having online issues related to online free-roam and convoys. But hey we see where their priorities lie.
Yeah because one is obviously way easier to address than maintaining and figuring out server issues for 10 mil+ gamers in less than a week. I mean shouldn’t that be a bit obvious?

Ones a hot fix. One literally is the opposite. Figure out which is which.

Last edited:
Quick to fix the exploit but still having online issues related to online free-roam and convoys. But hey we see where their priorities lie.
They've yet to run the server side maintenance which they announced takes place in about an hour, but feel free to conspiracy theorise.

Btw @ImaRobot - that's a great picture in the article.

Last edited:
I still see the same Mastery Grid on the Willy on my existing car in garage than it used to be.
The old one:
1637217349391.png

Now:
1637217383480.png

And since they changed the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, i can't check anymore for the last updated app nor ask for updates (if anyone know where they put this...)

Edit: Found it, they placed a new icon at the bottom left of the window (which i often miss on m'y big monitor as it can be out of sight). It appears that my FH5 didn't update itself. And now i want a new Willy before closing the game :D

Edit 2: and my game crash before i can... I just bought my willy.... and crash.

Edit 3: New Tree after update
1637224682890.png

from K'

Last edited:
Not performing as well as it did pre patch, on same settings pre patch was locked at60fps ,on same settings was getting drops into the 40's :(, have had too turn settings down. And I'm so missing the vibration effects that were in FH4 on my T300rs, wonder when or if they will return.

Last edited:
I don't see the Willy thing as an exploit. They gave us a SWS for 3SP, people discovered it, and people used it. Everyone could use it, so no one's benefitting over another, and we're not exactly competing at who has the amount of cash, right?

I don't see the Willy thing as an exploit. They gave us a SWS for 3SP, people discovered it, and people used it. Everyone could use it, so no one's benefitting over another, and we're not exactly competing at who has the amount of cash, right?

Yeah, I don't exactly think it was an exploit either. Considering that it initially started on the A90 Supra, a car everyone more or less had in the first place before shifting to the Willys, it is just turning efficient something that they themselves put in. I think the only reason they are calling it an 'exploit' is to give themselves enough cover that they probably should have looked at the car masteries a bit harder and not put something relatively valuable behind cheap, small fry vehicles.

With regards to the competing for the most amount of cash thing, I guess you could make the case that it did devalue progression a bit, but most people would probably say progression was devalued already considering the cash and cars the game throws at you through general gameplay. FH5 though definitely has upped the amount of one million CR cars, especially on the high end, so it definitely helped me knock down a large chunk of the big game hunting car collection.

I think I made about 40 to 45 million credits on the various exploits, enough to give me a good start along with all the cars I netted via wheelspins. Probably going to play normally now unless there's some expensive car I need for progression.

Just a quick heads up to those hoping to finally be able to finish Arcade events: I don't know if they really fixed anything on the connectivity, but for practical purposes Arcade still doesn't work. Have been (almost) alone in most sessions still (EU) on different times of different days.

Just a quick heads up to those hoping to finally be able to finish Arcade events: I don't know if they really fixed anything on the connectivity, but for practical purposes Arcade still doesn't work. Have been (almost) alone in most sessions still (EU) on different times of different days.
Read about that last night saying it's a lonely experience, so is playing in Horizon mode, apart cars screaming past you at rediculous speeds :) there is little too no drivatars on the roads, and going by the known issues list giving us vibration effects the harder the car is into the red on the revs is not being noted as an issue on steering wheels, I have reported it, yet it still has that effect on the gamepad and making my driving enjoyment not a patch on fh4.

Last edited:
The game is still crashing to dashboard randomly. Very frustrating! All cars, money, skill points, Forza points, wheelspins & player levels you earned before the game crash are lost.
Upon re-starting the game, it seems to start over again from a previous save point.
Not to mention all the wasted time upgrading & tuning the cars.
I've lost about 20 cars + 50 wheelspins + 100 skill points so far just today. I was up to level 147, now I'm back to level 125.
This is absolutely ridiculous & needs to be fixed immediately or there's no point in playing this game if it continues to have brain spasms & loses data.
I expected better than this.

Last edited:
Anyone playing on PC when in replay your car is stuck in 1st gear and at the rev limiter the entire replay? I think all replays for me have been this way, makes them pointless and sounds worse then gran turismo. However not actually in 1st gear as it is moving just as fast as when in the original race.

Last edited:
Anyone playing on PC when in replay your car is stuck in 1st gear and at the rev limiter the entire replay? I think all replays for me have been this way, makes them pointless and sounds worse then gran turismo. However not actually in 1st gear as it is moving just as fast as when in the original race.
It was the same in FH4. :P
And with the poor replay cameras who likes the replays anyway.

I use slow spin replay cam and flick thru camera views on that, rest are garbage and would be nice too have replays of the story tasks

Last edited:
I use slow spin replay cam rest are garbage and would be nice too have replays of the story tasks
Yeah that one and the slow pan works I guess.
+1 on that idea, or just get T10/PG to look at how PD does it. GT has always had good replays. And with a replay editor coming.. yeah. :D rest is history

Last edited:
Yeah that one and the slow pan works I guess.
+1 on that idea, or just get T10/PG to look at how PD does it. GT has always had good replays. And with a replay editor coming.. yeah. :D rest is history
yep Gt rocks when it comes too replays, replay editor, hope they don't drop the ball on their own replays cos they are the best

Last edited:
Unbelievable for what is supposed to be such a high caliber game. Just thought I would get it, since never played before as a very casual game.
Oh well, guess it is what it is. The graphics and amount of roads and things to do is good. The user interface however in my opinion is just so so.

Unbelievable for what is supposed to be such a high caliber game. Just thought I would get it, since never played before as a very casual game.
Oh well, guess it is what it is. The graphics and amount of roads and things to do is good. The user interface however in my opinion is just so so.
Almost everything about this game is so-so imo. But despite its huge graphical errors(standard cars anyone?) on cars, the same interface as the last game(could’ve been another expansion for FH4 imo) and crap handling of cars if you max a car without a tune, it’s enjoyable.
It looks pretty, it plays well, has a lot of variety in terms of gameplay.

And with game pass for three months for a buck, it’s a good game to pass time until GT7 arrives. :)

Except the graphics and gameplay... 🤔

I wish all flawed games had that kind of problem.
Take my post with a grain of salt. I enjoy the game very well. It’s only when I sit down and think about I don’t like it.

I’ve said it so many times. The ‘69 Datsun 240Z is a disgrace. Has been since the very first time it showed up in a Forza game.

Almost everything about this game is so-so imo. But despite its huge graphical errors(standard cars anyone?) on cars, the same interface as the last game(could’ve been another expansion for FH4 imo) and crap handling of cars if you max a car without a tune, it’s enjoyable.
It looks pretty, it plays well, has a lot of variety in terms of gameplay.

And with game pass for three months for a buck, it’s a good game to pass time until GT7 arrives. :)
I always thought that Forza Motorsports and Horizon if combined together in same game, maybe not literally, but a packaged deal and have all cars shared between the two that I would of left GT series a few years ago. GT7 will probably end up getting, however will not be a must buy.

Really though, if GT series or Forza motor sports or some along those lines could have more offline things to do, lots more events, customize your own race events, series and share with others that would be great. I do like the cut scenes, stories....if something like that was done similar to TOCA but many times more indepth that would be great.

Off topic from the bugs, so will end now and move future comments to different thread.

Do not like photo mode features compared to GTS....not sure how to rotate/move the camera around the car. In and out and up and down...not a problem got that figured out.

Back