Forza Horizon 5 is the Biggest Launch in Xbox History With Over 10 Million Players

I'm not a fan of the façade at all; it's very off-putting. The driving experience is great. The open road beckons, and is an escape from the cheese. ;)

There are several realistic sim like experiences on the market but nothing else offers the mix of driving mechanics and arcade gameplay that Horizon does. Perhaps that's why it's so popular.

There are several realistic sim like experiences on the market but nothing else offers the mix of driving mechanics and arcade gameplay that Horizon does. Perhaps that's why it's so popular.
I would wager you're right. I can't really get into sim racing since it seems so rigid now. Almost every sim on the market also focuses on racecars and those aren't that exciting to me. With Horizon, I like that I can take a pretty basic car, turn it into a street machine and race how I want.

The only turn-off with Horizon for me is the online stuff. Online gaming, in my opinion, is dreadful no matter what game it is. Thankfully, it can largely be avoided with Horizon so I'm good. Other players zooming around don't really bother me either since they just ghost out when they get close to you.

My hope is that FH5 will assuage the fears of those lamenting about GT7 seeing a PS4 release as well as PS5, claiming with certainty it will be a substantially compromised affair as a result. By all accounts, FH5 is considered a showcase of the XBS capabilities, and still manages to offer a pretty stellar experience on XB1.

My hope is that FH5 will assuage the fears of those lamenting about GT7 seeing a PS4 release as well as PS5, claiming with certainty it will be a substantially compromised affair as a result. By all accounts, FH5 is considered a showcase of the XBS capabilities, and still manages to offer a pretty stellar experience on XB1.
The fear is not that it's impossible to have a cross platform release that's high quality on all supported platforms. Forza Horizon and other games have been doing that for years.

The fear is that Polyphony, a developer that has historically struggled to get it's games running well on a single console, is now going to try and release a game on essentially three (PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5). Polyphony specifically is the scary bit of that combination.

If Playground or Turn 10 were doing it then there wouldn't be as much comment, although after the wobbly release of FH5 I suggest that you'll see a lot more of those sort of fears in the run-up to Forza Horizon 6.

The fear is that Polyphony, a developer that has historically struggled to get it's games running well on a single console, is now going to try and release a game on essentially three (PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5). Polyphony specifically is the scary bit of that combination.
And more specifically:

Everyone knows why FH5 is cross-gen. The next iteration of Forzatech is coming with FM8, and with that, a move to next gen exclusively. The next Horizon, as such, will be a next gen only title. It makes sense to put FH5 on as many platforms as possible considering when it released, and the bull rush to get next gen consoles leading more people to stick with their older consoles out of necessity. You know that the next title in the series is going to come at a time when next gen adoption is much higher, and can push through changes that are needed for both the series, and push the envelope graphically.

GT7, on the other hand, is coming from a developer who has, for the most part, valued graphical fidelity to an almost hilariously one sided degree. They are essentially playing the early game when there is no guarantee there will even be a second GT title on PS5, considering Polyphony were very much alright with sitting on GTS exclusively for the last generation. So, you are basically taking a game that absolutely should be next gen only, and more or less putting a ceiling on what one should expect graphically, especially on next gen systems, with no guarantee as to when the next game in the series will be that one can expect it to be next gen exclusive.

There's a reason why people are saying GT7 is going to be 'compromised', and that's simply because Polyphony are running antithetical to their usual development ethos, and that the potential short term gains are simply not enough to offset the fact that they are dragging along old, antiquated internal technology in both the PS4 and PS4 Pro for no real reason, and no real sign that the next game in the series is coming.

Everyone knows why FH5 is cross-gen. The next iteration of Forzatech is coming with FM8, and with that, a move to next gen exclusively. The next Horizon, as such, will be a next gen only title.
Kinda. Remember that Microsoft has leaned in pretty hard to supporting PC, so any future Forza game is likely to support at minimum XSX/XSS and PC. That's not really exclusive, and this has been Microsoft's plan since about FH3.

I suspect that a large part of the reason that FH5 supports last gen is that if you're making a game that already runs on potato PCs it's not that hard to get it to run on X1/X1X and Microsoft has shown themselves to be pretty ambivalent to the idea of locking people into hardware.

If FM8 comes out on PC but not X1/X1X that will almost certainly be a specific choice to drive sales of hardware/operating systems by Microsoft and not because it wouldn't run on the hardware. I suspect what they'll do is find an excuse to make it XSX/XSS and Windows 11 only, because there's gonna be a ton of gamers who really aren't gonna want to move on from Windows 10 for a while.

Nothing else even offers the mix of driving mechanics and an open environment. Hell, nothing else but the Forza brand offers the mix of driving mechanics and a selection of cars like this.

Simply put, there are more car enthusiasts than motorsports fans.

I can only imagine how glitchy, buggy and broken the next Forza Motorsport will be...if Horizon 5 is anything to go by. Consider yourselves warned. Lol dont buy day 1.

Last edited:
I can only imagine how glitchy, buggy and broken the next Forza Motorsport will be...if Horizon 5 is anything to go by. Consider yourselves warned. Lol dont buy day 1.
Considering the state some recent games have launched in I would be fine if the next Motorsport launched with FH5 level problems.

Last edited:
Let's forget the fact that you are talking about two different studios, FH5 is far from being unplayable and I know that most of bugs will be fixed sooner or later. Anyway I'm yet to be disappointed in any Forza game I bought till now, so preordering the next Motorsport or Horizon game is a no brainer for me. I will loose motivation to play games in general before abandoning this franchise. So I have a advice for you too... Don't tell random people how to spend their money when you have zero information about said product. You will only sound like a troll.

You know, I am kind of glad that FH5 isn't wholly online based. Would probably make the entire situation worse.

This sounds like the advice from someone with a personal grudge against anything with the the name Forza. Let’s just look at the releases of previous Battlefields and Cyber Punk and let’s see how stupid what you just said was.

I mean they built pretty much the whole game while in lockdown. It's why a bunch of games being released at the moment are buggy. The studios simply didn't have all the equipment to work the kinks out.

Back