Forza Horizon 5 PC Support/Issues Thread

Anyone else having trouble with HDR lighting ? it can be running fine for awhile and then the screen can flash and after that its either extra bright or very gloomy and depressing :( gtx1070 btw and the FFB on the wheel keeps switching off its getting annoying grrrr

DK
Whenever I leave a Horizon Outpost or house or return to the open world after a race, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. This also happens during Eliminator head-to-heads, which is fun.

Also, stock decals (e.g. the Jeep logo on the back of a Trailcat) are surrounded by black boxes, as are the letters on my licence plate.
I’m having this issue too. 2 seconds or so freezes every time i leave the house or in Eliminator. Anyone here found a fix?

This morning, I upgraded my PC to 16Gb DDR4 2666, my word what a difference - stuttering has all but gone, performance does feel a lot better.

Hello all,

I currently have FH4 PC Steam version, and I have serious issues making it work on multiple USB devices:
-Wheel G29 USB
-LC pedals USB
-Handbrake USB

I've tried using Vjoy & Forza Emuwheel method but it is not working at all. I've followed this video by Boosted Media to the letter (). His video is about FH5 though not FH4.

My question is, would upgrading to FH5 solve those issues for me?! In other words, are people able to make FH5 PC Steam version work on multiples USB devices?!

Thank you.

Wheel FFB always disconnecting and custom control profiles not saving. Is there any fixes to this unpolished game?

Unplugging the wheel and plugging it back in used to fix it but now that does not.

Anyone else having trouble with HDR lighting ? it can be running fine for awhile and then the screen can flash and after that its either extra bright or very gloomy and depressing :( gtx1070 btw and the FFB on the wheel keeps switching off its getting annoying grrrr
Belated reply, but I finally had the chance to compare PC HDR to Xbox Series X HDR today. Previously I've been playing the Xbox version in HDR all the time, so I didn't even know what it would look like in SDR mode.

I spent a bunch of time with the PC version running HDR today on an RTX3070, and it was every bit as effective as the Xbox Series X version, and it was working great in all areas that I tried.

For those who have never tried: You obviously need an HDR screen with a proper HDR color profile in Windows 10, because if your HDR screen is not well calibrated Windows makes a complete mess out of HDR (you get whites in Windows appearing as silver, that kind of trouble). But once you have HDR working properly it makes a massive difference in FH5. The PC version on the same screen running in SDR really looks muted and somewhat dull. Switching to HDR gives you a proper vibrant, colourful Mexican environment.

Last edited:
Back