Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Dry Your Eyes

Time certainly flies when you’re having fun, and today marks the end of the first half of Forza Horizon 5’s Series 1; it’s the start of the Winter season, but winter in Mexico means the roads dry out after a stormy autumn...

Many might have already picked up the Mercedes, as it’s available for 120pt and the first two seasons have had 132 points available (well, 131, thanks to a bugged Daily Challenge in Autumn).
It’s not bugged, it’s just.. broken?
It needs to be completed for the first time, which is an odd design choice by the devs.

This autumn season was my first season to start the game with and even I completed the expeditions before it popped up as a daily challenge. 99,9%+ of the day 1 players also already completed them.

So it’s not buggy, just broken game design.
Shame. Many elements of this game seems overlooked, rushed or broken.

Last edited:
I'm glad they haven't put up a car I actually want yet. Kinda over doing those challenges just to get a new to game or series car, so as long as that lasts (presumably until the car pass ends?) I'll be a happy bunny.

The playlist prizes are mostly duplicates for me. I'm only interested in the accolades for winning both cars.

It’s not bugged, it’s just.. broken?
See, I qualify it as bugged because it's clearly not working as intended or as other things work.

Quick example with the Weekly Challenge. You can pick up stars for Speed Traps or Zones, or Danger Signs, or Trailblazers even if you have already completed the stunt you attempt. The game knows that they're complete but counts your progression.

For some reason the Expeditions, Showcases, and Stories don't do this, and only count if they are new events with no completion. They obviously should, but don't, thus bugged.

See, I qualify it as bugged because it's clearly not working as intended or as other things work.

Quick example with the Weekly Challenge. You can pick up stars for Speed Traps or Zones, or Danger Signs, or Trailblazers even if you have already completed the stunt you attempt. The game knows that they're complete but counts your progression.

For some reason the Expeditions, Showcases, and Stories don't do this, and only count if they are new events with no completion. They obviously should, but don't, thus bugged.
I understand what you mean, I just look at it differently; the speed zones, danger zones etc can always be completed as "new" over and over, with new high scores. Once you do an exhibition to the fullest, there’s no other way to get a new high score, right?

That’s why seasonal speed zones etc still pop; they require a different ‘high score’ than the already locked in exhibition score.

Oh God. This week trial is tottaly annoying. I don’t see a way to win this when everybody in my team can’t handle X class cars.
Agreed. This is a ridiculous Trial. Anything above S1 feels kinda meh in this game and the AI are insane in these classes.

I wish they’d at least state in the UI what the true restrictions are, that being none but the cars

Only one Trial without any X class Senna in my team. S2 class still, but we managed to win with 5 players. The guy in A800 F50 quitted for the wrong reason. The rest were all looses with X class Drivatars and suicidal team mates. This Trial would be so much fun in A or S1 class.

Last edited:
Only one Trial without any X class Senna in my team. S2 class still, but we managed to win with 5 players. The guy in A800 F50 quitted for the wrong reason. The rest were all looses with X class Drivatars and suicidal team mates. This Trial would be so much fun in A or S1 class.
S1 would be great. I hope that next week trial with Ferrari P4 as a reward won't be that bonkers xD

Back