Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Nine Lives

Another set of Forza Horizon 5 Playlist events is now available, with the final set of challenges for the current Series giving players one last chance to pick up all the rewards...

Last edited:
This week's EventLab might set a new record for the dumbest one yet.
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? That last section of vertical track around the 93% mark is sapping my will to live :(

Dead Buggy nee Spider-Mobile.jpg

Once you've passed the last checkpoint on the straight bit, just fall off. Half the finish line is on the mountain top.
I can't even reach the last checkpoint. My Exomotive keeps falling off the straight bit. No traction. I guess Anything doesn't Go with regards to the car selection.

Best of all when you fall off it resets the rewind point so you have to start the whole torture cycle over again.

Last edited:
I can't even reach the last checkpoint. My Exomotive keeps falling off the straight bit. No traction. I guess Anything doesn't Go with regards to the car selection.

Best of all when you fall off it resets the rewind point so you have to start the whole torture cycle over again.
I managed without major problems by maintaining a speed around 70 Mph. If I go too fast I'm loosing traction too. 70 Mph seems slow but a S1 car can do it. I used the Mach E.

I managed without major problems by maintaining a speed around 70 Mph. If I go too fast I'm loosing traction too. 70 Mph seems slow but a S1 car can do it. I used the Mach E.
I ran outta revs, couldn't even get to 70 mph in the first place and was about to nope the 🤬 out of this event but the choir of nuns in my head singing "🎵 Climb every mountain...🎶" got me through on the nineteenth try or so.

Last edited:

911 GT3 FE worked well for me (its ability to regain traction and high power output was really useful on this #wasteyourprecioustime track).

I used the 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus (fitted with some offroad tires). @strela has a good tip about 70 mph on that last straight. If I could stay between 70-80, I could get past the checkpoint.

Thanks to @Famine for pointing out the finish at the top of the mountain. After I slid off, the offroad tires came in handy getting up the mountain.

Lots of rewind and I was able to finish and win a car I already owned, lol.

I used an AWD Caterham 7, but yeah, that took the proverbial. I literally missed half the corner and still managed to get on the track to recover.

You should not be designing a track that needs rewind.

911 GT3 FE worked well for me (its ability to regain traction and high power output was really useful on this #wasteyourprecioustime track).
And for me. Couple of drops off the edge but rewind sorted that.
Awful challenges though and certainly puts me off hot wheels. Not investing.

That leaves Sky Jump, and this one could be tricky. The description reads “jump a distance of 3000ft (914m) in any vehicle”, and it’s really not clear if this is cumulative or all in one. However, anything that can do 300mph will clear this distance at the Runway Danger Sign in one leap, to save any mucking about.
This seems to require the 3000ft jump to be completed in one go. Jesko off the runway it is, then.

Last edited:
This seems to require the 3000ft jump to be completed in one go. Jesko off the runway it is, then.
:lol: I'd literally just edited that.

It is one jump and one jump only, so yeah, 300mph + Runway = win. Wonder if the Hennessey F5 will do it...

Edit: Oh. It wouldn't, but it did. I used rewind a couple of times to get a better flight and landing spot, and applied a different tune while in mid-air to stop it nosing down. Only reached 730m, but it pinged completion for me...

Last edited:
:lol: I'd literally just edited that.

It is one jump and one jump only, so yeah, 300mph + Runway = win. Wonder if the Hennessey F5 will do it...

Edit: Oh. It wouldn't, but it did. I used rewind a couple of times to get a better flight and landing spot, and applied a different tune while in mid-air to stop it nosing down. Only reached 730m, but it pinged completion for me...
I just can't get my game to recognise me doing this. It's not quick resume playing up because I always shut the game down properly after each session. So annoying, I was on for 100% my third series and the very last daily has let me down 😥😥

I just can't get my game to recognise me doing this. It's not quick resume playing up because I always shut the game down properly after each session. So annoying, I was on for 100% my third series and the very last daily has let me down 😥😥
Seems a glitchy challenge. I managed 930m and no indication and was on my way down the runway again when the indication popped up. And that wasn't with rewind, I had driven back round from beach to runway.
Persevere for your completion.

I couldn't be bothered to tune up the Jesko to get far enough off the runway ramp, so I went into the EventLab creator to put a bigger ramp there, building it with my car in mid-air while I moved the camera around. I went to test it, and got the challenge complete message on the starting grid. Either flying the camera around with the car off the ground counts, or it really does accumulate but just takes a while to pop up.

Latest Posts

Back