Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Storm Before the Calm

• Thread starter Famine
  • 14 comments
Didn't have enough time throughout the week to grab every point for the wet season. Missed out on the Aston Martin reward, but I got the DeLorean. Should have enough for the AMG ONE and F1 by end of series.

Challenges aside, I have to say it's actually pretty cool to be able to sit in one spot and watch a thunderstorm roll in from the distance towards you, especially when the sun is going down and it gets really dark really fast. That's an ambiance that many games just don't get right, even if they have dynamic weather systems.

So I paired the "Rightful Heir" challenge with the Playground games challenge, managed to steal the crown, and proceeded to have it not unlock. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't want to do another round of Playground games because everything multiplayer is awful.

So I paired the "Rightful Heir" challenge with the Playground games challenge, managed to steal the crown, and proceeded to have it not unlock. Is there something I'm missing?
Hmm. Perhaps the challenge can only be done via Horizon Open mode, which would suck.

I've never done Playground Games and when I went to the stadium on Wednesday and tried to enter it said I had to join a convoy and wait for the leader to start the game. Is that how it works or am I doing it wrong? In the end I backed out and got the 64 points without going online anyway by running a clean lap in Monthly Rivals.

Hope Arcade is fixed this week since the Rivals trick only works once a month.

Last edited:
For those looking to use something other than the BMW i8 for this weeks seasonal, I put together a widebody tune for the Nissan GTR '12 that puts it in A-Class while maintaining what I feel is a decent amount of cornering performance. It does struggle a bit in the last sprint race, as its acceleration isn't the best, and it will easily understeer off one of the high-speed bends if you enter it too fast. Granted, the Unbeatable AI is also in "full effect" in the last race.

Share Code: 509 712 938

If possible, some feedback on the tune would also be appreciated. Good luck, and pray for competent teammates. :crazy:

Last edited:
So I paired the "Rightful Heir" challenge with the Playground games challenge, managed to steal the crown, and proceeded to have it not unlock. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't want to do another round of Playground games because everything multiplayer is awful.
Hmm. Perhaps the challenge can only be done via Horizon Open mode, which would suck.
Yes, you have to do it through horizon open. Actually it was not that bad, it is done differently then the weekly challenge where you are in teams, this one is everybody for him self and the mechanics is a bit changed, also you don't do two rounds at infected and flag rush, it's over quite quickly.

Compared to horizon 4 i dont like the reset cant enough points and dont like the races / rewards. Horizon 4 was better in that.....

An easy option to win the Trial is the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, barely needs any tuning options and handles quite well!.

Last edited:
I've never done Playground Games and when I went to the stadium on Wednesday and tried to enter it said I had to join a convoy and wait for the leader to start the game. Is that how it works or am I doing it wrong? In the end I backed out and got the 64 points without going online anyway by running a clean lap in Monthly Rivals.

Hope Arcade is fixed this week since the Rivals trick only works once a month.
Actually, the monthly rivals gets you ?4? points towards each season in the Series. This was the same in FH4.

It is usually the first thing I do in a month (before all the rest of GTP go on and post times I've got no chance of beating 😂)

Actually, the monthly rivals gets you ?4? points towards each season in the Series. This was the same in FH4.
It got the remaining points for me that I would have got from Arcade if it were working. I only like to use it as a last resort since it only works once a month.

Last edited:
I like the fact that any Championship that requires you to race against Highly Skilled avatars now automatically sets them to Highly Skilled for you, that caught me out last season. I will say, however, that the cross country races really show up how poorly balanced the AI is; there is always 1 drivatar that simply flies off into the distance regardless of the cars used.

I like the fact that any Championship that requires you to race against Highly Skilled avatars now automatically sets them to Highly Skilled for you, that caught me out last season. I will say, however, that the cross country races really show up how poorly balanced the AI is; there is always 1 drivatar that simply flies off into the distance regardless of the cars used.
Cross Country is the only event I've had problems with the AI in. I think it's a shame the drivatars are locked at Highly Skilled this time and can't be bumped up for a greater challenge and rewards.

Cross Country is the only event I've had problems with the AI in. I think it's a shame the drivatars are locked at Highly Skilled this time and can't be bumped up for a greater challenge and rewards.

It would definitely be nice to have the lower level locked to Highly Skilled but with it set up so that players can increase the difficulty if they want to

Back