Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Ten Forward

It’s the final stretch for Forza Horizon 5 Series 10 this week, as the new Spring Playlist is now live with events for players to mop up anything missing from their collections...

Personally I hope that, after this season is done, I'll never ever have to drive any Extreme E vehicle again. I just couldn't enjoy these abominations and having them (metaphorically) shoved down my throat for four weeks didn't make it any better.

The way that both the car and some of the races were broken sapped all the joy out if it. If someone liked it, good for you. I just could not.

How on earth are you supposed to complete the Eventlab Head to Head race? Everytime I come out of the carpark it says I've missed a checkpoint I cannot for the life of me find anywhere. I'm puzzled.

How on earth are you supposed to complete the Eventlab Head to Head race? Everytime I come out of the carpark it says I've missed a checkpoint I cannot for the life of me find anywhere. I'm puzzled.
I just kept going and message just went away.

Yeah, it's a real dog's dinner - after the first upward spiral I consistently got a 'missed checkpoint' message, which basically means you have 4 seconds to get to the checkpoint straight ahead across the other side. It could have done with quite a few more route markers, even with the suggested line turned on it's not great to navigate.

Oh that's interesting.

I test out the EventLab races before they're active (just to get a feel; usually the parameters change for the Playlist event, with different cars or lap counts) and for this one I kept getting a rewind notification just inside the car park before the second hard left every lap but no "missed checkpoint" message. Haven't tried the Playlist event yet.

Also, how did an event with fewer than 30 plays and 20 likes get onto the Playlist?

1660311110453.png

I don't think anyone's going to have trouble with the Chest this week, but just in case:

1660311186315.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a real dog's dinner - after the first upward spiral I consistently got a 'missed checkpoint' message, which basically means you have 4 seconds to get to the checkpoint straight ahead across the other side. It could have done with quite a few more route markers, even with the suggested line turned on it's not great to navigate.
I finally managed to get it. As I've said before, adding in community made tracks is a nice touch, but they need to be play-tested first, something I feel isn't done quite properly.

I finally managed to get it. As I've said before, adding in community made tracks is a nice touch, but they need to be play-tested first, something I feel isn't done quite properly.
I can't help but wonder how PG picks blueprints for the playlists. Do players actually submit them themselves, or does PG just pick them relatively nilly-willy? It definitely feels like the latter more often than not.

Last edited:
It was not a missed checkpoint, just rewind suggestion due to cosmetic damage. The difference is no countdown. It's not even the first time this happened to me. It happens from time to time, you just have to notice if there is a countdown or not and I think there is even a glow on the Y button compared to missed checkpoint.

After getting lost two times, I ended up, setting the drivatar difficulty to tourist and just followed the Skyline to the final stretch..... What a FUN event.

After getting lost two times, I ended up, setting the drivatar difficulty to tourist and just followed the Skyline to the final stretch..... What a FUN event.
I thought I was up against an Mitsubishi EVO.
I would say I'd try it again to see, but as it was painful the first few times.

Latest Posts

Back