Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Touchdown

• Thread starter Famine
  • 28 comments
Does anyone have a functioning Forzathon Shop? I've poked it as hard as possible and it won't fetch the items.

You could always try setting your system clock two weeks into the future :lol:.

Someone on the main thread said the Danger Sign jump is bugged so you can't complete it. Will try again later to confirm.

I wish the game told you how many cacti you've smashed.

One of the challenges , Letting off Steam , the ai just disappear into the distance with cars I've tried. lol

Last edited:
I suspect that the reason Forzathon Shop is still not working is because Horizon Arcade is broken and not functioning as they intended.
Due to server issues, this mode currently rarely has the right number of players, and getting to round 3 is as hard as beating the unbeatable AI.
If they open a Forzathon Shop in this condition, they will probably receive more complaints than they are receiving now.
Therefore, I suspect that they will only open the Forzathon Shop when the server is stable and can function with the specifications that Horizon Arcade is designed for.

I suspect that the reason Forzathon Shop is still not working is because Horizon Arcade is broken and not functioning as they intended.
Due to server issues, this mode currently rarely has the right number of players, and getting to round 3 is as hard as beating the unbeatable AI.
If they open a Forzathon Shop in this condition, they will probably receive more complaints than they are receiving now.
Therefore, I suspect that they will only open the Forzathon Shop when the server is stable and can function with the specifications that Horizon Arcade is designed for.
Exactly. I've tried to do the Arcade, but there is either not enough players (sometimes I'm alone there), or the requirements are so high that you won't make it past first or second challenge. I was lucky to complete one last week, but it was the only one I managed to until now. I hope they fix it before the playlist ends.

Last edited:
You could always try setting your system clock two weeks into the future :lol:.

Someone on the main thread said the Danger Sign jump is bugged so you can't complete it. Will try again later to confirm.

I wish the game told you how many cacti you've smashed.
I think a restart can fix the danger sign issue in some cases, I've read suggestions that changing your car via the pause menu before attempting the jump is what triggers the bug but I'm not sure how true that is

Well it looks like it's an interesting change/start to the Mexico era... :)

Hopefully I can get a few 'quiet' hours on Sunday to start playing the game and be able to start work on the seasons.

I declared earlier in the year on here I would not wait '12 month's' to find I enjoyed the game...

One of the challenges , Letting off Steam , the ai just disappear into the distance with cars I've tried. lol
An A-class tuned Lotus Exige worked first time for me. Lighter cars are faster everywhere as Colin Chapman said.

Last edited:
Hmm, I ripped through it in a barried Supra last night and it was fine.

I customised the Supra and made it into an AWD rally car. Not good at tuning so I just swapped the drivetrain, put on rally tires, decreased the weight and added some other parts which improve off-road handling. Worked ok, although I'm still not a fan of sport cars racing on dirt.

In regards to the trial; I found it very easy to win with the Hummer H1. I originally chose it as a joke but it turned out to be awesome. Even those pesky Bronco's struggled! (Except on the straights) Tune Share Code: 168 393 252

Last edited:
That ten point trial seems miserable.

Just let me do it alone instead of with 4 other incompetent players at the mercy of the internet connection.

That ten point trial seems miserable.

Just let me do it alone instead of with 4 other incompetent players at the mercy of the internet connection.
Given how long this has been a thing, I'm still amazed people don't know that they're supposed to:
a) Not get in your way and batter you out of checkpoints, and
b) Hold up the Drivatars and batter them out of checkpoints

You can't win just by winning (though the 650pt for winning is half the fight). You need to help everyone else get as many points as they can too.

It's also very helpful if the three crap players drop out. If one of you gets the win, all you need is one guy to finish fifth to take the round (950 vs 900).

In regards to the trial; I found it very easy to win with the Hummer H1. I originally chose it as a joke but it turned out to be awesome. Even those pesky Bronco's struggled! (Except on the straights) Tune Share Code: 168 393 252

My pesky Bronco got a Shelby GT500 engine dropped in and it wouldn't have struggled at all if it wasn't for the driver (that is, me) being an absolute muppet.

My pesky Bronco got a Shelby GT500 engine dropped in and it wouldn't have struggled at all if it wasn't for the driver (that is, me) being an absolute muppet.
I’m sure it’s not just you, when testing my tune out a bit the Broncos would pull away on the straights but slide endlessly in the corners. Looked like a lot of similar power based tunes which may be hard to drive, allowed for the grippy H1 (You’ll never hear that again) to fly around the corners!

After coming last in the first race with my Supra, I took the Buy Recommended Car option, and chose an AWD Audi. Just 702pi, but won the other two races, and the championship.
I went the Exige route, 3rd in 1st race n walked the rest, game kept tellin me me car wasn't suitable and would i like to try another :)

For the problematic Letting off the Steam seasonal championship, I tackled the trails first (won both times), and placed 5th in the Teotihuacan circuit, enough to win by two points.
I’m sharing my build for the Audi TTS: 237 687 034. Also note that I used ABS braking.

Given how long this has been a thing, I'm still amazed people don't know that they're supposed to:
a) Not get in your way and batter you out of checkpoints, and
b) Hold up the Drivatars and batter them out of checkpoints

You can't win just by winning (though the 650pt for winning is half the fight). You need to help everyone else get as many points as they can too.
Hopefully with Horizon Tour working pretty much the same way and being more accessible than the Trial, people will eventually get the idea of how it's supposed to work (not holding my breath on that though). This time around wasn't too bad since everyone showed up with welcome pack Broncos and were all too eager to use the big fat 6x6's as mobile brake pedals, but I imagine the next one won't be quite so easy if the AI gets more sensible vehicles.

I’m sure it’s not just you, when testing my tune out a bit the Broncos would pull away on the straights but slide endlessly in the corners. Looked like a lot of similar power based tunes which may be hard to drive, allowed for the grippy H1 (You’ll never hear that again) to fly around the corners!
Oh, no, my Bronco handles like a charm, it's just that I routinely overshot a corner or misjudged a jump and beached it against the barriers.

Still won the Trial on my first attempt, tho, so I am not complaining.

For the 8 million players and 200k in the Hall of Fame, there sure seems to be nobody around when Horizon Arcade is up. Most I've ever had is three, and they were morons.

I've not yet managed to reach round three of one for the seasonal challenge.

For the 8 million players and 200k in the Hall of Fame, there sure seems to be nobody around when Horizon Arcade is up. Most I've ever had is three, and they were morons.

I've not yet managed to reach round three of one for the seasonal challenge.
Seems that whenever multiple people are in an arcade circle, once the event starts they immediately get Thanos-snapped and the only other person in my session is several miles away. I've also noticed that every 30 seconds or so half the people marked in my session disappear only to fade back in a minute later, and they're almost never anywhere near where I am. Plus I've never seen more than 8 people in a session at any given time, compared to the 20 to 30-ish I always saw in FH4 freeroam.

Almost seems like the servers are being way too aggressive about trying to balance their loads and then goes "oops, too many low population sessions, better consolidate some" in a constant loop. Hopefully when the hotfix comes out it'll address this.

My game world is populated by ghosts. Not only is it sparse, nearby players also appear and disappear at frequent random intervals, double-ghosting in and out between the network issues and visual depiction of collision ghosting. Traffic cars also frequently get wiped out by the disconnections.

Back