Forza Horizon 5 wins Most Anticipated Game of E3 2021

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 67 comments
I dunno, Ralph Fulton might've driven up to the BAFTA awards ceremony with boodles of fifty pound notes in plastic sacks to sprinkle all over the judges in a cocaine fuelled bribery frenzy. You can't prove it didn't happen. Why would the game win awards otherwise? It's just Midtown Madness with a paint job.

"Reasoning".

Last edited:
I presented a theory backed by reasoning. That's hardly how you define a claim.

Last I checked, a theory is indeed a type of claim, thus requires supporting evidence (see the various popular conspiracy theories for great examples of why evidence is important for theories).

I dunno, Ralph Fulton might've driven up to the BAFTA awards ceremony in plastic sacks to sprinkle all over the judges in a cocaine fuelled bribery frenzy. You can't prove it didn't happen. Why would the game win awards otherwise? It's just Midtown Madness with a paint job.

"Reasoning".

I think hookers were involved as well, after all hookers and blow go together like peanut butter and chocolate (or so I've heard).

Last edited:
I dunno, Ralph Fulton might've driven up to the BAFTA awards ceremony in plastic sacks to sprinkle all over the judges in a cocaine fuelled bribery frenzy. You can't prove it didn't happen. Why would the game win awards otherwise? It's just Midtown Madness with a paint job.

"Reasoning".

Very comparable to pointing out that RDR2 was a landmark achievement for gaming in the previous decade, not to mention for 2018.

Last I checked, a theory is indeed a type of claim, thus requires supporting evidence (see the various popular conspiracy theories for great examples of why evidence is important for theories).

Check again then. A theory needs to be backed by reason. A claim needs to be backed by evidence.

Very comparable to pointing out that RDR2 was a landmark achievement for gaming in the previous decade, not to mention for 2018.

Meh, it was just a reskinned GTA with more tedious tasks that slow the game down.

A theory needs to be backed by reason.

Theories still require evidence, or do you not require evidence for conspiracy theories? (for the sanity of all, I won't discuss specific theories in this thread)

You're using the quality of RDR2 as "reasoning" that the awards in the OP were bought and paid for.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. A theory is a claim in and of itself.

Theories still require evidence, or do you not require evidence for conspiracy theories? (for the sanity of all, I won't discuss specific theories in this thread)

Claims stand their ground with evidence, or fall apart without. Theories simply seek to gain supporting weight, and can be challenged through debunking. So far my theory on this matter hasn't been debunked. Why? Either because you wrongfully argue I've made a claim, or because you have nothing to debunk my theory with.

Meh, it was just a reskinned GTA with more tedious tasks that slow the game down.

What you call tedious tasks I call deeper mechanics.

You're using the quality of RDR2 as "reasoning" that the awards in the OP were bought and paid for.

My reasoning was there's nothing to anticipate about FH5 other than a new map. Yet it won most anticipated title overall award. Seems odd. Then I further back up my scepticism by pointing to FH4 winning Best British Game of 2018 over RDR2, which is absurd on more than one level.

Last edited:
Claims stand their ground with evidence, or fall apart without.
Yes.

Theories simply seek to gain supporting weight, and can be challenged through debunking.
Which those theories are usually claiming something. Much like flat earth theories.

So far my theory on this matter hasn't been debunked. Why? Either because you wrongfully argue I've made a claim, or because you have nothing to debunk my theory with.
so far your theory on this matter hasn’t been proven. Why? Either because your initial claim that started all this, you cannot prove, or what you claimed isn’t true at all.

It’s on you to support your claim. No one else. It’s not on anyone one else to prove the things you’re saying, that solely depends on you. Not sure where the communication breakdown is happening here.

Last edited:
This entire thread is basically one guy who constantly takes a contrary opinion to it all going up against an entire board. With an absolute bat**** claim, with no evidence to back it up, to boot.

That being said, it's interesting to see the dichotomy in hype between those who aren't deep into racing games, and probably don't know or don't really care to see the problems present within FH as a series, and those who are deep into the genre, who more or less make the problems the biggest issue with the game.

Last edited:
Yes.

Which those theories are usually claiming something. Much like flat earth theories.

so far your theory on this matter hasn’t been proven. Why? Either because your initial claim that started all this, you cannot prove, or what you claimed isn’t true at all.

It’s on you to support your claim. No one else. It’s not on anyone one else to prove the things you’re saying, that solely depends on you. Not sure where the communication breakdown is happening here.

I have nothing to prove because I made no claim, and I couldn't prove it if I did.

This entire thread is basically one guy who constantly takes a contrary opinion to it all going up against an entire board. With an absolute bat**** claim, with no evidence to back it up, to boot.

Many agree with me, but they don't bother to get involved because these Forza sub-forums are extremely intolerant to refreshing viewpoints.

Many agree with me, but they don't bother to get involved because these Forza sub-forums are extremely intolerant to refreshing viewpoints.

When they begin with more or less insinuating that peer voted awards are somehow bought and sold, and derail a thread right from the start, no wonder they're extremely intolerant towards refreshing viewpoints.

I'm sorry, what the **** are you on about? Or do you simply only exist on this board to play devil's advocate? We all know what you said, and as much as you like to say that you don't have to prove your point because you weren't making a claim, we all know that you aren't fooling anyone with that garbage. I'd certainly appreciate if you just came out and said what you actually mean when you decide to do the jabroni move of dropping these inflammatory remarks (as the first post after the OP, I might add) instead of doing the internet argument equivalent of gas lighting your way out of things. At least then we can all move on with this thread.

Last edited:
Hahaha. You serious? Wait, let me laugh a little bit harder. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, this news doesn't surprise me considering how many people bought the previous game. Follow-ups to popular games are generally going to generate excitement no matter what genre.

"Plenty of people agree with me"

0 likes on any of your posts. Give it up.
It's the silent majority! Another claim with zero backup.

there's nothing to anticipate about FH5 other than a new map
When Rich Leadbetter says this is the game he's most looking forward to at 18:55 on the Digital Foundry video, I could swear you can hear him sniff a little in one nostril. Fulton must have delivered him some high grade Colombian.

Last edited:
Of course bait posts are going to bring out the tribalism on this board. Especially when, instead of providing any independent proof of his own, the baiter puts the burden on others to disprove his extraordinary claims.

d2031dca-9edc-4cb8-be6a-4ae2312c5e5d.jpeg

Last edited:
When they begin with more or less insinuating that peer voted awards are somehow bought and sold, and derail a thread right from the start, no wonder they're extremely intolerant towards refreshing viewpoints.

I'm sorry, what the **** are you on about? Or do you simply only exist on this board to play devil's advocate? We all know what you said, and as much as you like to say that you don't have to prove your point because you weren't making a claim, we all know that you aren't fooling anyone with that garbage. I'd certainly appreciate if you just came out and said what you actually mean when you decide to do the jabroni move of dropping these inflammatory remarks (as the first post after the OP, I might add) instead of doing the internet argument equivalent of gas lighting your way out of things. At least then we can all move on with this thread.

Bottom line is I don't trust some of these awards because they make very little sense. Should be clear by now.

"Plenty of people agree with me"

0 likes on any of your posts. Give it up.

My viewpoint is unlikeable. No wonder no one likes it because I don't like it myself.

@Nielsen I think going back to the original post, maybe you should have said "it wouldn't surprise me" rather than "probably". I think that would have shaved off a load of these posts asking for burden of proof and going orund the houses.

Personally, I can understand why Horizon often wins these awards even though I myself am not particularly hyped about it. I enjoyed 3 quite a lot, I found 4 to be nowhere near as exciting or engaging as 3 and I'm yet to ssee anything that makes me think 5 will be a better experience than I found Horizon 3 to be.

Sure it'll probably be a better game, but ideas do get stale and if the trend to continue pushing more focus to online play continues I'll keep getting less and less interested. But that's just me, I get that it's a huge draw for many people these days.

On the RDR2 front, that was a very technically accomplished title for it's time, I love it, but I also know people who dislike it's slow pace. And that kind of ties right into why Horizon is so popular, it's super fast paced, too fast paced for me, I don't like to progress too fast, I like to enjoy the journey, but it's very much a case of different strokes for different folks.

Sure, the awards could be biased for some reason, but there's not really any evidence to say that they are beyond personal preferences for games which you or I think are better.

@Nielsen I think going back to the original post, maybe you should have said "it wouldn't surprise me" rather than "probably". I think that would have shaved off a load of these posts asking for burden of proof and going orund the houses.

In hindsight, yes. Anyway, very early on I made it clear I have no factual claim to prove. Clarifying a point rarely seem to cut it if the pitchforks have already been dragged out of the forum shed.

This award is not surprising at all.

Seeing that FH4 has received fewer add-ons, plus the fact that the Forza Motorsport has been announced last year and still don't have a release date, and then this big trailer comes in with all the bells and whistles for FH5 in Mexico and it's coming later this year....

Yeah safe to say, a lot of people are surprised and thus, looking forward to this game.

In hindsight, yes. Anyway, very early on I made it clear I have no factual claim to prove. Clarifying a point rarely seem to cut it if the pitchforks have already been dragged out of the forum shed.
What you tried to make clear is that you didn't make a claim by trying to change the way things are defined in order to try to avoid it being considered a claim. Pretty simple situation to grasp. It's less about pitchforks being drawn and that:
these Forza sub-forums are extremely intolerant to refreshing viewpoints.
And more so things should be proven if that's how far you're going to try to pull things out of the backside.

I for one am glad that people get called out for claims that have literally no proof to back up what's being claimed. Weeds out those just saying things for the sake of saying them without a shed of evidence. The viewpoints that get called out, and very rightly so, are the ones that make little sense in reality. If you want to base what you say, and you're assumptions, on literally no evidence of the contrary, than be my guest. That sounds terrible though. None of what you said was a refreshing viewpoint, that sounds a bit delusional.

Last edited:
What you tried to make clear is that you didn't make a claim by trying to change the way things are defined in order to try to avoid it being considered a claim. Pretty simple situation to grasp. It's less about pitchforks being drawn and that:

And more so things should be proven if that's how far you're going to try to pull things out of the backside.

I for one am glad that people get called out for claims that have literally no proof to back up what's being claimed. Weeds out those just saying things for the sake of saying them without a shed of evidence. The viewpoints that get called out, and very rightly so, are the ones that make little sense in reality. If you want to base what you say, and you're assumptions, on literally no evidence of the contrary, than be my guest. That sounds terrible though. None of what you said was a refreshing viewpoint, that sounds a bit delusional.

I didn’t change any definitions. I explained the difference between claims and the non-claim I made. From the get go my comment was intended to reflect my own belief, but I understand it might not have come across this way due to vague wording, hence my attempts to clarify that I didn’t state any factual claim requiring proof.

I didn’t change any definitions. I explained the difference between claims and the non-claim I made. From the get go my comment was intended to reflect my own belief, but I understand it might not have come across this way due to vague wording, hence my attempts to clarify that I didn’t state any factual claim requiring proof.
Except that you did, you basically tried to redefine words on your own, even when told otherwise. What made it less clear is you continuously trying change what a theory is, instead of just understanding what was said to you. Had you literally not attempted to do any of that, and instead just corrected yourself, than these "pitchforks" wouldn't have been brought out. You even went so far as to tell others to prove what you said is wrong, instead, making much more easy to understand that it was a claim, not a viewpoint based off zero evidence.

None of what you said happened because
these Forza sub-forums are extremely intolerant to refreshing viewpoints.
So don't try to fool yourself, or anyone else, there. None of that was a refreshing viewpoint and more so something that someone just pulled out of their ass with absolutely nothing that bases it in reality. It was literally an assumption based on not one single bit of fact.

Last edited:
Except that you did, you literally tried to redefine words on your own, even when told otherwise. What made it less clear is you continuously trying change what a theory is, instead of just understanding what was said to you. Had you literally not attempted to do any of that, and instead just corrected yourself, than these "pitchforks" wouldn't have been brought out. None of what you said happened because

You are the one who is trying to redefine what a theory is. You insist a theory is a claim that must be backed by proof. Theories are beliefs that are contested from all directions in order to explain reality. You are essentially asking me to prove a belief. I don’t have to.

So don't try to fool yourself, or anyone else, there. None of that was a refreshing viewpoint and more so something that someone just pulled out of their ass with absolutely nothing that bases it in reality. It was literally an assumption based on not one single bit of fact.

It’s a fact RDR2 didn’t win the Best British Game BAFTA for 2018 because FH4 did. Yet you’ll find RDR2 in virtually every Top 50 best games ever made list, and not FH4 in one of them. Then now FH5 has won most anticipated of E3 overall. Perhaps not equally odd, but still strange considering it looks largely identical to its four predecessors. All things considered, you cannot blame anyone for thinking these awards are comparable to paid advertising space at Times Square.

You are the one who is trying to redefine what a theory is. You insist a theory is a claim that must be backed by proof. Theories are beliefs that are contested from all directions in order to explain reality. You are essentially asking me to prove a belief. I don’t have to.
:lol: I said it before, but you are delusional. A theory is indirectly or directly a claim against what's known currently. The Earth is round, but the person who came up with the theory that the earth is flat is indeed claiming that the earth is flat. That's why that is a conspiracy theory, because nothing of what he is saying has any sort of proof whatsoever. That's how those are debunked. That is essentially what your "theory" is, nothing but a conspiracy, that is still very much a claim against what is known. Again, if you weren't making a claim, why would you tell people to prove you wrong instead? You're all over the place trying to save face here, making this drag out worse. I don't understand how you don't get why those "pitchforks" came out against you.

It’s a fact RDR2 didn’t win the Best British Game BAFTA for 2018 because FH4 did. Yet you’ll find RDR2 in virtually every Top 50 best games ever made list, and not FH4 in one of them. Then now FH5 has won most anticipated of E3 overall. Perhaps not equally odd, but still strange considering it looks largely identical to its four predecessors. All things considered, you cannot blame anyone for thinking these awards are comparable to paid advertising space at Times Square.
Cool, where's your proof that helped you base this off of? Or, again, was it just an asspull because you didn't feel like believing it?

Last edited:
:lol: I said it before, but you are delusional.

You are incapable of arguing without resorting to arrogance.

A theory is indirectly or directly a claim against what's known currently. The Earth is round, but the person who came up with the theory that the earth is flat is indeed claiming that the earth is flat. That's why that is a conspiracy theory, because nothing of what he is saying has any sort of proof whatsoever. That's how those are debunked. That is essentially what your "theory" is, nothing but a conspiracy, that is still very much a claim against what is known. Again, if you weren't making a claim, why would you tell people to prove you wrong instead?

Again, theories are beliefs. I’m not sure how the shape of the planet can be considered a conspiracy theory. Maybe it is generally referred to as such, but it’s actually just a claim.

Believing that gaming awards can be bought is a belief based on circumstances not adding up. On this basis a belief is formed, thus not a factual claim.

Cool, where's your proof that helped you base this off of? Or, again, was it just an asspull because you didn't feel like believing it?

https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/british-game-2019

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered

Metacritic represents an average of widespread consensus.

You are incapable of arguing without resorting to arrogance.

Again, theories are beliefs. I’m not sure how the shape of the planet can be considered a conspiracy theory. Maybe it is generally referred to as such, but it’s actually just a claim.

Believing that gaming awards can be bought is a belief based on circumstances not adding up. On this basis a belief is formed, thus not a factual claim.

https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/british-game-2019

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered

Metacritic represents an average of widespread consensus.
You are absolutely right. :) You win.

Back