Forza Horizon is 10 Years Old Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments
Happy 10th Anniversary Forza Horizon! 💖

Honestly, a game like this where you could drive hundreds of cars (from old, new and latest) in a BIG OPEN WORLD? As a car enthusiast I couldn't be any more happier with what we've got.

Thank you PG and T10, and MS for continuing to support and let this franchise grow. ;)

It has been a great addition to the major racing game franchises and deserves every bit of praise. To me it feels like the closest modern thing to Gran Turismo 1 and 2 where there was some attempt at realism, but mostly it was just about having fun with cars in cool environments.
They should've put FH1 back on the digital store for today...
It would have been great, but I imagine the licensing would have been complex. Still, I'd imagine you could pick it up used for pretty cheap these days.
Wait, what? What exactly backs this theory up?
At the end of the game you win Darius' Ferrari. And then during the credits...

Just an amazing franchise.

5 has been hitting the hardest for me since the first one. Absolutely loved my time with it.

I think Japan might be next and it will most likely be current gen only.

Immensely exciting.

This franchise has been such a big part of my life since 2016. The current games have their fair share of issues, but they are still fun, and they are still Forza Horizon. Happy 10 years, FH. :)

Happy Birthday to Forza Horizon. As a GT fan I can see how Forza takes much more care for its user base than Gran Turismo does nowadays. I like how you can grind at whichever pace you like or if you don't have the time to grind, then you can pay a reasonable amount to get most of what you'd wish for. In GT7 there are cars that are worth $100 each! That is completely ridiculous and those cares I will never race, unfortunately. GT has much to learn from Forza (incredible that I'm saying this).

Happy Birthday to Forza Horizon. As a GT fan I can see how Forza takes much more care for its user base than Gran Turismo does nowadays. I like how you can grind at whichever pace you like or if you don't have the time to grind, then you can pay a reasonable amount to get most of what you'd wish for. In GT7 there are cars that are worth $100 each! That is completely ridiculous and those cares I will never race, unfortunately. GT has much to learn from Forza (incredible that I'm saying this).
I've never played GT...sounds like a disaster of a game.

Cars that are $100 each...do you mean $100 in real-life money? As in, not in game credits?

There was one edition of GT Sport which cost $46,300...
Thanks for the kind words but since buying each of the Forza games I haven't had to spend any real life money to get the most out of them except for the Xbox Live online membership fee. Horizon in particular seems great at playing at your own pace.

Last edited:
I've never played GT...sounds like a disaster of a game.

Cars that are $100 each...do you mean $100 in real-life money? As in, not in game credits?
Well, some cars cost $20,000,000 in-game credits. But grinding in GT7 is a pain, so if you don't have the time to grind, then you would have to buy 10 cupons worth $2,000,000 in game credits for $20.00 each in real life money. This would total $200 instead of $100 previously stated. LOL

Well, some cars cost $20,000,000 in-game credits. But grinding in GT7 is a pain, so if you don't have the time to grind, then you would have to buy 10 cupons worth $2,000,000 in game credits for $20.00 each in real life money. This would total $200 instead of $100 previously stated. LOL
c98.jpg

I really loved Test Drive Unlimited and wanted to see the concept get a big budget. FH1 was great and they’ve taken over the AAA arcade racing genre almost entirely since and it’s bigger than Forza Motorsports.

I really loved Test Drive Unlimited and wanted to see the concept get a big budget. FH1 was great and they’ve taken over the AAA arcade racing genre almost entirely since and it’s bigger than Forza Motorsports.
Big budget, a better driving model and an improved soundtrack. Fulton's gamble paid off and the racing genre is better off for it in my opinion. That's good for everyone.

I hope Solar Crown brings enough competition and innovation to shake things up a little, though.

Last edited:
I remember when the E3 announcement for the first one came out and how sceptic I was at the whole idea of an open world game using the Forza name. I didn't really like it at first, seeing it offered no tuning whatsoever and few cars to choose from compared to FM4, but at least the map was kinda cool. The first one is still my least favorite one (well, outside the X360 port of FH2 which was a terrible mess) but thanks to it, I've been able to drive a bunch of cool stuff around cool places for the past 10 years. And that's really what matters to me, anyway.

Last edited:
The first one is still my least favorite one (well, outside the X360 port of FH2 which was a terrible mess) but thanks to it, I've been able to drive a bunch of cool stuff around cool places for the past 10 years. And that's really what matters to me, anyway.
I think it's probably good if the first game of a franchise is the worst one. It means that all the other ones have been getting better and better, which is how games should be.

I think it's probably good if the first game of a franchise is the worst one. It means that all the other ones have been getting better and better, which is how games should be.
I also agree the first game was the worse one, for me personally mainly because of the dated graphics and how could barely drive off the roads, unless in pre-defined areas. However, in regards to story, immersion and festival feeling the first game is still the best one IMO.

As illogical as it may sound, i honestly rank FH1 above FH5 and FH4. I still think FH2 is the best one, followed closely by FH3. I'm probably biased tho.

Sure, FH1 has it's limitation but it was a fresh new game. That and besides, i loved the festival atmosphere, soundtrack, sense of progression and the fact that it didn't try to act like we're a bunch of 3 year olds who needs praises every 5 seconds haha.

The next horizon, if they will ever make one, should be something extraordinary and different. Sort of a soft reboot or something, i dunno. The formula is getting a bit stale and i don't think setting it in the countryside of Japan would enough.

Last edited:
I played the first two for a long time. Really liked them both. Only played FH3 for around 10 hours then started getting bored, although I've recently picked it back up and having fun on Blizzard Mountain. Not played 4 or 5 for more than an hour each. I don't like the fact that each game seems to get more cheesy, I prefer Motorsport but let's be honest what an incredible achievement this series is.

Last edited:
I came home from work to install it on my break (my boss let me combine breaks and lunch) I was that excited to experience it. It doesn't hold much of an exalted position in my heart though, as I found the map relatively dull, the car list very bland initially and some of the more interesting cars never appeared again.

As illogical as it may sound, i honestly rank FH1 above FH5 and FH4. I still think FH2 is the best one, followed closely by FH3. I'm probably biased tho.

Sure, FH1 has it's limitation but it was a fresh new game. That and besides, i loved the festival atmosphere, soundtrack, sense of progression and the fact that it didn't try to act like we're a bunch of 3 year olds who needs praises every 5 seconds haha.

The next horizon, if they will ever make one, should be something extraordinary and different. Sort of a soft reboot or something, i dunno. The formula is getting a bit stale and i don't think setting it in the countryside of Japan would enough.

The festival atmosphere from the first one has never been captured again. Absolutely sublime.

I’d rank them: 5/1/4/2/3

FH2 and 3 are definitely my favorites. FH2 wins on the map and roads, and FH3 wins for car diversity and campaign. I love both, though.

I hope that formulas of FH6 will be changed. I'm not interested in the same as current game progression system where you are awarded too much for doing almost nothing from start of the game.

I hope that formulas of FH6 will be changed. I'm not interested in the same as current game progression system where you are awarded too much for doing almost nothing from start of the game.
Gotta cater to the kids who want it all handed to them.

Lmao

I'm really confused. So others are kids for wanting it all handed to them but at the same time you are an adult who just hates doing weekly chores and wants cars handed to you because feelings?
I call it the weekly chore list because it's the same boring thing every week. It'd be fine if the challenges were different and fun. But you do you, buddy.

Back