Forza Motorsport 5 Headlines Games With Gold For September

This game might be the last thing I want to have alongside FM6 and FH3 while waiting for the FM7 demo. No Gold account anyway.

FM5 is the only Forza game I haven't played, so I'm curious to see what it's like.

It's basically a slimmed down FM6 where you run bored of the same limited number of tracks really fast. But IMO it has better car sounds and at times even better graphics than FM6 (the cars in the home space in FM5 look way better than in FM6 IMO due to a glossier look). It's also up to 3k Forza loyalty points if you are into that.

FM5 also has the better looking Trueno APEX front bumper (more white metallic parts) and all Chevrolets still have the SS badges. Both these things went south from FM6 on.

The car roster is quite limited though compared to FM6, barely any touring / GT / LMP / can am cars.

Last edited:
FM5 is the only Forza game I haven't played, so I'm curious to see what it's like.
Forza Motorsport 5 does have some exclusive cars that did not appear in the other Forza Motorsport/Horizon games after it.

2013 BMW M3 E92 DTM
2013 Dallara IPS Indy Lights
2013 Elan DP08
1977 Ford Coyote-Foyt
2014 Infiniti Q50S
2013 Lotus E21 Renault

I would highly recommend anyone to pick it up. I actually got my Xbox One just this year and the guy had given away FM5 for free. It was a launch title, so I imagine less cars and tracks to focus on translated into more polished visuals (minus particle effects), richer car sound detail and physics that skew more towards simulation.

It's a good title to have in your collection. Period.

Might be a similar final push as Horizon got, with FM5 as a whole or its DLC going off sale in a few months.

Small differences like the prettier homespace and better car detail haven't made me buy it after starting with FM6, but I'll try this and appreciate them for sure.

Looking forward to this as I am a Gold member and skipped from 4 to 6, so this should be worth a blast. Not sure why this is in the FH3 sub-forum though?

Looking forward to this as I am a Gold member and skipped from 4 to 6, so this should be worth a blast. Not sure why this is in the FH3 sub-forum though?

Whoops. Remnant of the blog software, the FM5 category was actually created quite recently so it adopted certain aspects of other sub-categories in the Forza Series branch. Moved now.

I've been replaying this a bunch lately to max out my Forza Rewards. It's... quite a lot different than FM6. Graphics are a bit nicer in certain spots, but the tire smoke is laughable. There seems to be a lot less grip than there really ought to be. I missed the C7 Stingray and M4 DTM though.

The career mode is pretty bad — it bothers me that there's no way to check what races you'll actually be doing. I think I'm done about 31 of the 41 series, but haven't really done any of the bonus races.

It feels very grindy compared to FM6, but that's as much on me as it is on the game. I only had it for four months before FM6 came along, and since I've put a ton of time into that (including driving literally every car), nothing really grabs me in FM5 outside of a handful of unique cars.

Online racing is also a significant step back.

I looked at the car and track lists on Youtube, and was expecting more cars that were in 4 but not 6, such as classic MGs, but was dissappointed. Also hoped that Fujimi Kaido made an appearance. At least I can test the Rufs around the Top Gear test track, as have been gradually timing tons of the cars in Forza 6.

I looked at the car and track lists on Youtube, and was expecting more cars that were in 4 but not 6, such as classic MGs, but was dissappointed. Also hoped that Fujimi Kaido made an appearance. At least I can test the Rufs around the Top Gear test track, as have been gradually timing tons of the cars in Forza 6.

You're definitely not going to find an impressive track roster, compared to FM4 and 6, but the sounds and physics alone make it a worthwhile game. The car roster's pretty good IMO, but those used to over 400 cars and such may not be pleased.

I honestly love this game. Picked it up today for free, and I feel like it's the Gran Turismo 3 of the Forza series; less cars, but the charm and quality are both there.

Exact sentiments here! Was just playing a few hours ago and it just stuns me - the quality and love they pumped into this game. I had hoped to see the same attention to detail being given to Forza titles after 5, but oh well.. can't have it all. :rolleyes:

Funny thing - I haven't played this game in nearly TWO YEARS since I traded it in to buy Forza 6.

I was wondering if my old game save would connect seamlessly, and it did, plus a pleasant surprise. All of my Forza Hub bonuses were there waiting for me! Nearly 2 years worth.

I started off with 19 million credits, and by the time I finished downloading them all, I am over 57 million. No sooner had my son and I stopped laughing, we lost power.:crazy:

Thank goodness the game autosaved every time I downloaded the credits, our I'd be out a ton of credits. Once our power comes back, it's time for a shopping spree.

Funny thing - I haven't played this game in nearly TWO YEARS since I traded it in to buy Forza 6.

I was wondering if my old game save would connect seamlessly, and it did, plus a pleasant surprise. All of my Forza Hub bonuses were there waiting for me! Nearly 2 years worth.

I started off with 19 million credits, and by the time I finished downloading them all, I am over 57 million. No sooner had my son and I stopped laughing, we lost power.:crazy:

Thank goodness the game autosaved every time I downloaded the credits, our I'd be out a ton of credits. Once our power comes back, it's time for a shopping spree.

First order of business: collect all the Ferraris and Lambos. :lol:

This game, and this Corvette, is absolutely AMAZING

4c0ae7d2-8ae8-499e-a231-c30b6cda210e.PNG

72892dc8-58cf-49c8-b838-b07b09f36884.PNG

Online race result after getting rammed off twice in 1 race:
1ee431c5-366d-472b-b1c2-bba618cca63a.PNG

Back