Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
Some notes regarding the videos:

In the Holden, the driver actually pulls or pushes the gear lever to change up or down, respectively. Whether or not the lever changes position is hard to tell because the animation blocks the view of it.

The Chevelle (?) driver doesn't seem to move the stick at all, however. Although the animation actually shows the hand releasing its grip on the wheel to move to the shifter. Still looks like the Forza 4 Road Atlanta. I guess that's not bad, I mean, they got rid of that awful bloom on turn 1, but it doesn't look completely rebuilt.

Panorama:
- I love that they actually made the sounds bounce back off the wall at speed. It seems a little on/off-ish, but it may just be because I've never gone that fast while that close to a concrete wall.
- The transmission whine in the interior view is gorgeous.
- The subtle tire squeling when you're approaching the tires limits is really nice.
Road Atlanta:
- Notice that you can actually see the suspension on the white SS in turn one.
- Reflections of driver's hands on the windshield @1:23
- The detail on those hood pins is more impressive to me than it should be
- The way the reflections behave over the more subtle curves of the hood actually look really impressive. @2:03 you can actually see multiple reflections of the same car with little loss of detail.
- And last but certainly not least: Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubemen.

Last edited:
It looks good, don't get me wrong, but its not the leap forwards I was hoping for. Some nice details and touches but nothing that is making me want to jump out and buy an XBOX One anytime soon. Particularly over a PC.

I saw this mentioned at Forza Central, and I agree with it. I believe they reused the model for the 1970 Chevelle SS from the previous games for a couple reasons.

1) Front end slightly tilted oddly unlike the real car.

2) Side windows aren't set into the body, but rather fairly flush to the body, unlike the real car.

3) Roof does not follow the side window profile, and still has odd kink above rear window.

FM4:
70_chevelle_ss.png

FM5 (from video):
99308y.jpg

Real car:
DSC03662.jpg

Thoughts?

I think the sun is hitting directly from the front in FM5, so it's just masking the offset of the window(notice the side of the car facing the camera isn't lit). The grill is different and the headlights are set differently, so they definitely updated some of it, at the very least. And I doubt they'd redo some parts without redoing the whole thing.

Another thing that identifies it as a reused model--the "COWL INDUCTION" lettering on the hood is still comically large, as in previous FM games.

Strange happenings in Forza-land:

The Dallara DW-12 has been removed from the "CARS" tab on forzamotorsport.net

I think it's just due to the imminent site re-design, though.

This purposefully misleading post has been brought to you courtesy of deceit.

Looks bland tbh, but that can all depend on the photographer. Cant wait to see some of the more experienced ones get to shooting.

I agree, it doesn't matter how good a photo mode is, some people can make it look terrible.

That looks... no.
Agreed. I've seen tons of Fm4 shots that actually put that to shame, which actually isnt hard to do going off that photo. Like Fezz said, just looks like a bad Fm4 photo.

Was that taken from the FM.net forums, or some random website?

In terms of skill, yeah probably. In terms of everything else I'm not too sure.
I disagree. That slight blur that seems to be on it takes away from the detail of the photo. I have seen way more detailed photos, especially of DLC, in FM4. Strictly judging by this photo, though.

I gotta say, once I zoom out literally as far as I can, making the image about 1/4th it's actual size, it does look better.

I disagree. That slight blur that seems to be on it takes away from the detail of the photo. I have seen way more detailed photos, especially of DLC, in FM4. Strictly judging by this photo, though.

I gotta say, once I zoom out literally as far as I can, making the image about 1/4th it's actual size, it does look better.

I'm trying to find a photo to show an interior shot from the a similar angle.. and none even come close to that IQ or detail. Even for Horizon. As blurry as that photo is it couldn't be done on FM4 unless you were in homespace or Autovista. It's obviously just a quick photo with stock settings.

n41x.jpg

6285134572_f2f58b2d3e_z.jpg

Last edited:
While I agree that the Aventador looks bad, it's still not even close to the same angle.

Now, judging both the Agera's. Add some movement, get an angle coming from the lower-left front of the car, and hope the shadows form to the same spot on both, along with that slight blur and it would be hard to tell. Heck I don't even know how you can see any detail to say that. Maybe it's just what I'm viewing from, but on my side there's hardly anything to go off to say that.

Now if we aren't talking strictly of this photo, then I agree, but that's not the case.

It's hard to say if something were done to it after it was taken. I can't believe a photo straight from the game would have that horrible crop job on the black space. The blur on the cars themselves seems more like a resolution issue.

I agree that composition wise it's terrible, though.

@Minty the website it's uploaded to could have to do with the blur. It's likely that it was compressed to all hell when put up.

Back