Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (PC) Discussion

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 753 comments

Should it be "free to play" or buy to play

• Buy to play(like how it is on consoles)

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • "free to play"

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters
Sem Título.png

4K on a GTX 980M, some fps drops but playable.

Able to play on high no problem solo, but soon as i get in a race with all these other peasents it gets stuttery.

I run on medium on 3770k/gtx670 @1920x1200 with fps cap to 60, silky smooth. maybe you forgot to change the fps cap? but my adapter for the ps2 controller does not want to work in win10. it sux playing with the keyboard :P

I run on medium on 3770k/gtx670 @1920x1200 with fps cap to 60, silky smooth. maybe you forgot to change the fps cap? but my adapter for the ps2 controller does not want to work in win10. it sux playing with the keyboard :P

Yeah, I run silky smooth on Medium Settings, with full grid.

Can anyone please tell me if I can run this on a Geforce 600 series card? I know it isn't natively DX12, just want to make sure so then I don't waste 18GB downloading the darn thing.

Can anyone please tell me if I can run this on a Geforce 600 series card? I know it isn't natively DX12, just want to make sure so then I don't waste 18GB downloading the darn thing.

See here.

Holy specs! i7 for recommended? I'm still a bit of an amateur when you comes to computers, but I know the difference between i7 and i5 is the hyper-threading thing that the i7 has. does this mean that an i7 with a clock speed of 3.5GHz is still superior than an i5 with the same clock speed? Just asking because I have an i5 6600k which has an 4.0 ghz clock (OC'd). Will this will be as adequate as an i7?

Well I would bet that this is aimed at those who don't already have the Forza experience. It's likely just testing the waters to see how it's accepted, and from there things will likely change. I'm not sure how you expected a game that is miniscule in size to be able to pull you from its full fledged console experience. You're approaching this with the wrong mindset.

Fair enough... I was just excited about being able to use my wheel really. I was a bit disappointed that I won't be able to.

Like it so far, max settings 4K 60FPS FTW!! Too bad I can't use my wheel. I haven't used a controller for racing since Gran Turismo 4 :lol:

How do you export snapshots? I can't seem to find the directory.

Like it so far, max settings 4K 60FPS FTW!! Too bad I can't use my wheel. I haven't used a controller for racing since Gran Turismo 4 :lol:

How do you export snapshots? I can't seem to find the directory.

Going from a wheel to a controller is so weird :lol:, and you have to go to the Forza website and sign in there.

Okay, so for whatever reason I can't open the Windows Store. I press the shortcut in the start menu and nothing happens. But when I go to another user on the computer, it'll open the Windows Store. I didn't uninstall it. The only thing that I remember doing was this and I don't think that would make the Windows Store to not open.

If I were to download Apex in the other user, would I be able to play it in my user?

So, how's Forza on PC? With T10 planning to make all the future Forza game cross-platform (apparently with shared servers, too) I may actually decide to finally bite the bullet and build some funky gaming rig. Worth it?

Since the latest car pack for Forza 6 is on my mind, can anyone confirm if there are any Chevy SuperSports cars and if the SS emblems are missing again?

I really like the game so far, feels really nice even on keyboard (my controller doesnt work in Forza for some reason) . Running graphics mostly on mid without drops on 965M. Only thing I hate is that sometimes it just closes itself due to low memory

So, how's Forza on PC? With T10 planning to make all the future Forza game cross-platform (apparently with shared servers, too) I may actually decide to finally bite the bullet and build some funky gaming rig. Worth it?

Probably. I mean, as it stands now it's kinda buggy, but it's a beta and almost all the main bits seem to be there.

I'd wait to see how they go sorting out the wheel support and graphics optimisation, but those aside I think it'd be a fair choice. It's certainly steering me towards not buying a console at all this generation, or at the very least only picking them up during the fire sale at end of lifetime just to play the few spectacular exclusives.

At this point there's no great rush for me. I mean other forums are saying that already finished the 'campaign' (!) - yeah its that short.

I have a PC but its running Win7 so I need to install Win10 this weekend on a spare SSD (dont want to destroy my Win7 install).

MS will optimise add features perhaps even add a bit more content so no need to hugely rush into this.

To me the extremely high sys reqs is a pain. I probably need a new GFX card for this but will probably need to spend the price of a new Xbox One to get fhd 60fps.

I'm pretty impressed with T10's first shot. Plays very well at 2560x1440 with most everything at max - i7, GTX980, 16GB.
I'm a wheel guy, never very good with a game pad but I think APEX with a 360 gamepad plays better than the gamepad on an X1 for me - I feel more in control, not twitchy at all. I have more PC racing sims that I can throw a stick at, a game like this is a good change of pace - and I have FM6 but I use my X1 mostly as a Blueray player.
Funny thing though, I'm not playing on my primary monitor as Apex won't run at it's native resolution of 3440x1440.

I like it. It looks great with my i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4ghz and my 4 GB 970. I also am glad that the single player is different than Forza 6 on Xbox One. That being said, I miss using my CSW V2 with Forza rim, MPPC Simpedals, THR8S H shifter, triple screens and dual Buttkicker Gamer 2s, all of which, except triples, work with Forza 6 on Xbox One.

Will be updating to windows 10 very soon so I can play this. Have to do some tedious backups though. Can see why Win10 only has 14% share, have been putting it off for ages.

Some of you guys have to remember that this is a proof of concept for future games and a real beta. They'll be adding wheel support to DX12 as they go amongst other things.

Question: Can I switch connection while downloading? I currently have both 500Kbps broadband but unlimited bandwidth and 20Mbps 4G LTE but bandwidth cap by 8GB.

Plus, is the game less demanding than, say, PCars? I can run PCars at relatively low spec. Surely this game is less demanding considering in XBone the Forza runs at smooth 60fps, unlike PCars.

For those of us with relatively crappy hardware, I tried locking it down to 30 fps and turning the settings up. You can get it looking very, very nice at 30fps.

And honestly, for me, with a controller and not taking it too seriously, 30fps is fine. It's not as smooth and excellent as it is at 60fps, and I'm still not sure whether I prefer 60 with average graphics or 30 with very nice graphics, but the option is there and I like it.

Does anyone know what racecars are in this game?

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...a-Motorsport-6--Apex-quick-facts-and-FAQ.aspx

Everything you want to know about the game. There's a car list in there somewhere.

Plus, is the game less demanding than, say, PCars? I can run PCars at relatively low spec. Surely this game is less demanding considering in XBone the Forza runs at smooth 60fps, unlike PCars.

I would say more demanding at this point. I can run pCARS at a smooth 60 looking better than Apex. But beta software versus final release, optimisation is on their list of known issues.

@Imari Well, thats unexpected. Maybe part of it is the UWP problem but not really sure. Thanks.

One more question:
Question: Can I switch connection while downloading? I currently have both 500Kbps broadband but unlimited bandwidth and 20Mbps 4G LTE but bandwidth cap by 8GB.

Back