Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (PC) Discussion

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 753 comments

Should it be "free to play" or buy to play

• Buy to play(like how it is on consoles)

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • "free to play"

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
A CURATED FORZA EXPERIENCE ON WINDOWS 10
• Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.

• Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.

• Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.

• Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.

A GRAPHICS POWERHOUSE
• Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.

• Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTech™, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.

• Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTech™ engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.

FORZA’S DEBUT ON PC
• Take advantage of a number of Windows 10 features, including the ability to access your existing friends and achievements list, text and voice chat via Xbox Live, and record and share your favorite moments and clips with built-in Game DVR.

• Build your Gamerscore up to 1,000 points by earning achievements exclusive to Forza players on Windows 10 PCs.

• Customize your player experience on Windows 10 PCs with support for mouse, keyboard and a variety of gamepads and racing wheels. For more information on wheel support go to http://www.forzamotorsport.net/enus/news/fm6a_wheel_support.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1080P @ 60FPS
• Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz
• Memory: 12 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM)
• Graphics: Radeon R9 290X / GeForce 970 or equivalent • Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
• DirectX 12
• Microsoft Xbox One Controller

IDEAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 4k @ 60FPS
• Processor: i7-6700k @4Ghz
• Memory: 16 GB RAM (6+ GB VRAM)
• Graphics: 980ti / Radeon Fury X or equivalent
• Hard Drive: SSD + 30 GB available space
• DirectX 12
• Microsoft Xbox One Controller

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz
• Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM)
• Graphics: Radeon R7 250X / GeForce GT 740 or equivalent
• Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
• Windows Compatible Keyboard and Mouse
• DirectX 12

GRAPHICS DRIVER RECOMMENDATIONS
• NVIDIA 365.10 or newer
• AMD 16.5.1 or newer
• Intel 15.40.23.4444 or newer

Last edited:
I'm subscribed to Nick from AR12 Gaming, and his recent video got me interested.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a good thing. The more people that get to play the game, the better. Microsoft is going to start doing this with a lot of games I think, now that the whole Windows 10 thing happened. I don't have a PC, just an Xb1, I still think it's a great idea. I read some of the games will be, if you buy a copy for the Xb1, you will get a free copy for PC. Plus it's going to be where people with an Xb1 can play multiplayer with people who have the same game on PC Windows 10. Here's an article on it I read this morning:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/gear...coming-to-windows-10-store-rumor-500439.shtml

Last edited:
I don't like the idea as it could signal a drop in hardware sales which is the primary driving force behind exclusives on a single platform, as people wouldn't bother buying consoles if the exclusive games they wanted ended up coming to PC. If more and more console exclusives went to PC, it could sound a death knell for console gaming as a whole.

IMO, the markets should be kept separate and not try to be blended into one giant mess.

If I said what I truly thought I'd get banned for it.

I don't like the idea as it could signal a drop in hardware sales which is the primary driving force behind exclusives on a single platform, as people wouldn't bother buying consoles if the exclusive games they wanted ended up coming to PC. If more and more console exclusives went to PC, it could sound a death knell for console gaming as a whole.

IMO, the markets should be kept separate and not try to be blended into one giant mess.

I don't think it's going to hurt console sales, if people with a PC wanted to buy a console, forza 6 has been out long enough they would of bought one for it by now.

There is always going to be a market for the console. It's cheaper, you don't need to be tech savy or upgrade it. I know PC's are the best for gaming graphics and frame rate wise, but I'm happy with a console. I don't want to mess with upgrading parts every couple years and other stuff that comes along with it. I know its not a big deal for most people to upgrade a PC, and it probably isn't hard. One of the reasons I bought an XB1 instead of PS4, is I don't have to open it up to add extra storage. I know it's supposed to be easy to do, but if I don't have to, I'd rather not.

I think this is more of a case of Microsoft expanding its options, and making life easier for those who own a Xb1 and a PC. It does nothing but benefit the Forza franchise and Forza fans if people on the PC get to enjoy it as well, so I'm all for it. 👍

Last edited:
If true i'd rather they wait till Forza 7 to be on both platforms. Then they could have some proper lighting (real time instead of pre-baked) etc which is clearly hampered by the console hardware.

Not everybody wants a gaming PC. Despite what you read on gaming sites, they're not really direct competitors. PC gaming is a niche, one that requires a lot more effort to stay on top of than consoles. And more money.

If FM went to PS4, I'd certainly argue that it would hurt XB1. Moving the games to PC though? Much less damage to the brand, and benefits to those that are interested on the PC.

PC gaming is a niche, one that requires a lot more effort to stay on top of than consoles. And more money.

Common misconception Slip. My PC cost me around £500 in total, and the components used where purchased around May 2013, before the Xbox one released. And I am still playing the latest AAA titles on it without so much as a hitch at 1080p 60fps.

The trap with PC gaming is, it essentially becomes its own hobby to stay with the latest and greatest hardware. If you can avoid that trap, PC gaming is actually pretty cheap.

My other half's PC is 8 to 9 years old now, and is running on an old AMD Phenom 9850 with 4gb DDR2. And even that is still playing the likes of GTA5. Albeit at 30fps. Graphics wise, it looks about the same as the 360 version.

My gaming PC is 6 years old and cost me about $1500. Updated the graphics card a couple months ago, managed to stay out of the trap as long as I could.

Forza to PC wouldn't stop me from playing on the Xbox or prevent me from buying an next gen Xbox for Forza. I like to do my racing on the couch or the bed room.

That would be lovely.

Whilst I've always taken an interest in that of the Forza series, I haven't necessarily justified the purchase of an entire console in order to experience it. As somebody who primarily plays on the PC platform, expanding the large and everlasting PC library to include the critically acclaimed racing series would be marvellous.

There is a colossal difference between that of an Xbox One and a state of the art gaming PC. As such, I would be particularly interested in seeing how Forza 6 will look when taking advantage of the likes of 4K, 144 FPS and a triple monitor setup. Not to mention the possibility of mods, to further enhance the experience.

IMO moving FM6 to PC would just be like selling an enthusiast car compared to a regular car. Most people just want to buy it and keep it that way until either it dies or a complete new car comes out. However, enthusiast will a lot of the time keep what they have and just contiue to upgrade and fix it as they please.

You don't see enthusiast cars sell more often than regular A to B cars right? I imagine the same would probably happen to Consoles and PCs.

I'll believe it when I see it, and the funny thing about this is that I'm about as interested in Windows 10 as I am in an Xbox One. :lol: In reality, though, a W10 laptop is an inevitability, at the very least when our company's work software drops support for W7.

I agree with @prousonhairy and @SlipZtrEm that console gaming isn't in any danger, from PCs or mobile or whatever. It's probably in Microsoft's best interests to invest in gaming for Windows 10, since they need to sell W10 to stubborn users like me who will almost certainly allow W7 to become the next Windows XP. :D Anyway, even if the Xbox brand was killed off for any reason, Sony and Nintendo are backed by exclusive titles and experiences (ie. Nintendo hardware) that stand independent from PC gaming.

Having spent on a G27 almost a year ago, I was quite upset with the crappy move that Logitech did on gamers with console-specific wheels. Now that I got Forza 6, it enrages me having this G27 and not being able to use it on my xbox. That means I would have to spend nearly $400 for the G920. True, it's PC compatible, but those are indeed big bucks.

If Forza made it to PC, I could not only use my G27, but just imagine the marvels that modders would do to the already superior franchise. More wheels, custom/tuning parts, more engine swap options and even tracks or cars.

As much as I'd love it to happen, I doubt that Microsoft will be bringing Forza to PC.

If it does come to PC, hopefully it won't be a Windows Store exclusive like Quantum Break. Otherwise they might as well not bother.

Taking into account the recent news of games thought to be Xbox exclusives also going to PC (Windows store) I get the impression that the Xbox will become more like a Steam Machine, selling Xbox as a service on a Windows 10 platform, the X1 would be a cheap solution to playing PC/X1 games in good quality.

I was wondering when this debate would hit this place.

This seems to be the general feeling...

* Windows store only to push their app store. As a result Windows 10/DX12 vehicle with no mods. It doesnt seem the MS app store is open to messing around with.

* Also it would tend to indicate that Microsoft are not fully behind Xbox as their gaming platform even as dire as to say that there won't be a successor to Xbox one.

* There's one reason I'd ditch Xbox one for a gaming pc running Win10 and the app store and thats cheap performance. If you can get 1,080p 60fps in Horizon 3 and Forza 7 on the PC, why do you need the Xbox?

I've been watching this cross platform thing Microsoft has been talking about for exactly this reason. They haven't sounded this serious about pushing PC gaming since the original Xbox was still out.

Back