Forza Motorsport 6 Featured in Games With Gold Lineup for August

Imo it's ultimately Microsoft's fault at failing to negotiate better licences that could last more years. They may have saved up some money from timed deals, but it's still bad for the customer to be expected to play only the last FM game and last 1-2 Forza Horizon games.

You can still download and install the games if you own them, you just can't purchase them from the store anymore. If your game doesn't appear in my games apps, use the search function on the store and download it from there.

The "Forza Motorsport 6 Complete Add-Ons Collection" is $6.79 in Australia for anyone wondering, down from $135.95. It's also a bit hidden, not connected to to Forza 6s game page, so you need to dig a bit. Ends in three days

There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation in this thread regarding the "end of life" classification.

If you have purchased Forza Motorsport 6 (to include acquiring the title through Games with Gold) and any of its downloadable content, that content remains playable (to include server access) and downloadable should you remove it from your hard drive at any time.

The only thing that cannot be performed in "end of life" status is a new purchase of the title and associated downloadable content.

In short: you DO NOT lose playability of that which you have acquired before Sept. 15. Beyond that date, the content simply becomes unpurchaseable within the Marketplace. That is all.

Want Forza Motorsport 6 once it's entered end of life? Find a disc.

Last edited:
$5 for everything is an insane deal.

Driveclub is going to be delisted as well at the end of this month with servers shutting down in 2020.

Link: https://wccftech.com/driveclub-delisted-licensing/

As for the licensing, this is standard practice as Rushy states and not specific to MS:

"To be clear the game, like most racing games, it is being delisted for licensing reasons. It’s standard practice across the industry for ~5yr deals, so buy it before it’s gone forever.

Deals will vary game to game and with different manufacturers. It is possible to get longer deals or extend them, but the cost of licensing cars shouldn’t be underestimated"

So is there a point in playing this when I've already played and beaten the Driver's Cup in FM7, or are there tracks/locations not in 7? Besides Toyota being in as well, that is.

Grabbed the 4 DLC I was missing via this 5 EUR bundle since I stopped buying FM6 DLC back in the days when the garage limit was reached.

The delisting is a sad thing (especially when servers are shut down too like in Drive Club), but it’s just the way it is. In regards to Forza, the delisting of FM5 and FM6 isn’t nearly as sad as FH1 and FH2 being gone IMO. Sure there are subtle differences between each FM game like some missing brands, background music, campaign structure and menu/HUD, but basically the majority of the cars and all tracks are still there in the successor game. But with FH you feel like you are losing a world as well. No matter how good the newer improvements like Forzathon, seasons and a custom route creator are, those newer titles will never replace the vibe and magic of FH1 in Colorado or FH2 in Southern France & Northern Italy.

Cloud gaming is worrying though, because now you can experience an old game if you want to but if cloud gaming will be mainstream you will have limited accessibility which sucks.

So is there a point in playing this when I've already played and beaten the Driver's Cup in FM7, or are there tracks/locations not in 7? Besides Toyota being in as well, that is.

Even besides Toyota and Lexus, there are several cars in FM6 that didn't make its way onto FM7 (Caparo T1, Porsche 911 GT1, and Pontiac Aztec for instance), and a lot of people claim cars in FM6 sounded better. It also has James May and Richard Hammond in it. I think that's about it for differences.

I loaded up FM6 for the first time in a while--I occasionally play it for the cars not in FM7--tried Rivals and got a feature unavailable notification. I'll guess the servers are getting a lot more traffic than they've had in a while.

It also has James May and Richard Hammond in it
Narrating the info on Autovista/Forzavista, I assume? Well, that's a plus.

Shame the trio aren't in 7 and Horizon 4. Guess MS's partnership with the BBC is still ongoing. =/
Wrong. Only Forza 5 has the Top Gear Trio as a narration, not Forza 6. Forza 6 released after Clarkson sacked and the remaining backed down from Top Gear.

Wrong. Only Forza 5 has the Top Gear Trio as a narration, not Forza 6. Forza 6 released after Clarkson sacked and the remaining backed down from Top Gear.

Clarkson didn't show up for obvious reason, but May and Hammond were still there. They didn't narrate any of the Forzavista stuffs, but they definitely narrated career division info and showcase events.

Back