Forza Motorsport 7 April Update Now Available: McLaren Senna, FRR Tweaks and More

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 2, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2019
  2. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Full patch notes from Nitro Glitter.

Nikkolaz likes this.
  3. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

The update is even smaller on my OGXB1, just 402.83mb.

4. ferhound

ferhound

This update looks like a good bye.

5. huiop2

huiop2

I think this is the first time in the history of the franchise for a cover car of a newer title to be added to an older title.

vinz7531 likes this.
  6. strela

strela

Maybe the second time.

DavidMonoy97 likes this.
  7. huiop2

huiop2

Awesome, didn't know that

8. GBalao888

GBalao888

There are quite some theories as to why you're right:

• Since the McLaren Senna is the spotlight car, and given the fact that it is the cover car for Horizon 4 (kind of like the reverse of what they did with the Dodge Viper GTS with Motorsport 4 and the first Horizon), it might kind of signal that it would be the last content update, because that would mean that the McLaren Senna being in Motorsport 7 symbolizes "moving forward".
    • Almost every hidden car (Lamborghini Diablo GTR and TVR Cerbera Speed 12 included) and every Forza Edition (except those that are rewards from the Forza Drivers' Cup) can now be purchased, meaning that Forzathon would slowly lose support. However there are rumors of a possible Apollo Intensa Emozione coming to the game, or maybe it could be destined for Horizon 4.

9. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

This won't be the last update to the game: ForzaRC hasn't even launched yet, nor has FRR come out of private testing.

10. huiop2

huiop2

Not the last update but maybe the last update to add new cars? At this point I'd rather have more engine sound updates than new cars.

11. strela

strela

They said that FM7 will be their priority for this year. Do you guys really think they will just focus on "fixing" the game? The picture of the Apollo is more than just speculation... if not, why on Earth would they put a random picture there?

12. huiop2

huiop2

Not sure if they would have enough time to make FM8 since FM7 is still their priority this year. FM5 was rushed because they had to meet the deadline. Hope they won't repeat the mistake.

13. strela

strela

Do you really believe that FM5 was a mistake? Come on... that game was... is still a great game. And I still think it has better sounds than FM7. But I prefer the latest for the amount of content.

14. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

How is this the last update to a game that T10 had clearly said would continue to support? Not sure how some are jumping into that conclusion...

SestoScudo and vinz7531 like this.
  15. huiop2

huiop2

I didn't say the game was a mistake. I was implying that they didn't give themselves enough time to make the game. FM5 looked impressive and the cars sounds were indeed very good. But the game also launched with too few cars and tracks and the offline mode wasn't that good either.

16. vinz7531

vinz7531

They will support the game at least until Forza race regulation is finished and well received by the community.
    That's important so that it's ready and included in FM8 at release.
    I suppose they will also finish experimental drag and make sure drift is ok (maybe it already is)

TokoTurismo likes this.
  17. PJTierney

PJTierney

There might also be another Forza RC season (and various multiplayer/spectating improvements tied to that), who knows.

TokoTurismo and vinz7531 like this.
  18. termigni

termigni

I played the Senna in FM7 last night. I'm glad I purchased the Xbox and FM7 instead of only having PS4 and GT. While GT is more refined, FM7 gives us newest, hottest cars out there. thank you FM!

19. FlameWater

FlameWater

If this was Real Racing 3 the Senna would cost at least $50 with upgrades

jflomario likes this.