Forza Motorsport 7 April Update Now Available: McLaren Senna, FRR Tweaks and More

Full patch notes from Nitro Glitter.
FM7 Release Notes: April 2019

The April 2019 update for Forza Motorsport 7 arrives on April 2 and is bringing new features and fixes to the game. See the official announcement for details on all the new features coming into the game. Below, see details on the April 2019 fixes and improvements to the game.

GENERAL
  • Fixed an issue where the Logitech G920 wheel would pull left when the center spring and damper settings were set to 0.
  • Fixed an issue with the Logitech G920 wheel where the wheel would rotate and lock to full left during the “3-2-1” race countdown sequence.
  • Fixed an issue where players would encounter “soft lock” after completing an Autocross Rivals event and then attempt to continue past the event result screen.
  • Fixed an issue where leaderboard times from Class-based Rivals events were pulling data from non-Rivals event leaderboards, thus projecting inaccurate ghost car laps for players.
  • Added a “Don’t Show Message Again” option for the car-specific wheel tuning tutorial flyout.
  • Removed duplicate cars from appearing in Replays when racing against no Drivatars in Free Play.
TRACKS
  • Fixed an issue on Rio reverse ribbons where invisible collision would cause player to crash when driving close or rubbing against the barrier.
  • Fixed an issue on Daytona where part of the track environment is missing when in tuning and upgrade menus.
  • Fixed an issue where dirty lap indicator would not show on the mini scoreboard in the Public Multiplayer Open Track Day Meetup hopper.
  • Fixed an issue where Brands Hatch pit exit would jostle the player’s car upon exiting and before player gained control of vehicle.
FORZA RACE REGULATIONS
  • With the Public Beta hopper (coming soon in Forza Motorsport 7) players’ accrued FRR penalties will now affect their final race placement in a race. (Note that these FRR penalties will not affect a player’s starting grid position in the subsequent race. This functionality will appear in a future FRR update).
AUDIO
  • We have made several audio improvements with the April 2019 update based on community feedback. Some highlights:
    • Reworked some V12 engine audio files
    • Individual engine audio updates for several other cars to fix bugs or use new source material, including for the Mazda 2-rotor engines, as well as various Porsche and Nissan engine updates.

This update looks like a good bye.
There are quite some theories as to why you're right:

• Since the McLaren Senna is the spotlight car, and given the fact that it is the cover car for Horizon 4 (kind of like the reverse of what they did with the Dodge Viper GTS with Motorsport 4 and the first Horizon), it might kind of signal that it would be the last content update, because that would mean that the McLaren Senna being in Motorsport 7 symbolizes "moving forward".
  • Almost every hidden car (Lamborghini Diablo GTR and TVR Cerbera Speed 12 included) and every Forza Edition (except those that are rewards from the Forza Drivers' Cup) can now be purchased, meaning that Forzathon would slowly lose support. However there are rumors of a possible Apollo Intensa Emozione coming to the game, or maybe it could be destined for Horizon 4.

This won't be the last update to the game: ForzaRC hasn't even launched yet, nor has FRR come out of private testing.

Not the last update but maybe the last update to add new cars? At this point I'd rather have more engine sound updates than new cars.

They said that FM7 will be their priority for this year. Do you guys really think they will just focus on "fixing" the game? The picture of the Apollo is more than just speculation... if not, why on Earth would they put a random picture there?

They said that FM7 will be their priority for this year. Do you guys really think they will just focus on "fixing" the game? The picture of the Apollo is more than just speculation... if not, why on Earth would they put a random picture there?

Not sure if they would have enough time to make FM8 since FM7 is still their priority this year. FM5 was rushed because they had to meet the deadline. Hope they won't repeat the mistake.

FM5 was rushed because they had to meet the deadline. Hope they won't repeat the mistake.
Do you really believe that FM5 was a mistake? Come on... that game was... is still a great game. And I still think it has better sounds than FM7. But I prefer the latest for the amount of content.

Do you really believe that FM5 was a mistake? Come on... that game was... is still a great game. And I still think it has better sounds than FM7. But I prefer the latest for the amount of content.

I didn't say the game was a mistake. I was implying that they didn't give themselves enough time to make the game. FM5 looked impressive and the cars sounds were indeed very good. But the game also launched with too few cars and tracks and the offline mode wasn't that good either.

How is this the last update to a game that T10 had clearly said would continue to support? Not sure how some are jumping into that conclusion...
They will support the game at least until Forza race regulation is finished and well received by the community.
That's important so that it's ready and included in FM8 at release.
I suppose they will also finish experimental drag and make sure drift is ok (maybe it already is)

I played the Senna in FM7 last night. I'm glad I purchased the Xbox and FM7 instead of only having PS4 and GT. While GT is more refined, FM7 gives us newest, hottest cars out there. thank you FM!

Back