Forza Motorsport 7: Confirmed Car List

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,498 comments
finally, the flying lizard Porsche can be killed off at last

now we need the Aston, BMW and Ferrari and the GTE line up is up to date

The only thing that sucks is that you will still be stuck with the old cars as AI.

I’m still baffled that they didn’t copy & paste the blueprint feature from FH3. Especially since there are some annoying choices in some divisions.

Here is the 2008 BMW Z4 M being leaked in Forza Motorsport 7!
BMW Z4 M.jpg

Crawling the car audio XML from the latest update seems to have some new results. These could be upcoming cars, leftovers from 360 gen, or even scrapped cars, so don't take these as confirmation. Ordered by year, bolded text = new car, italic = newly returning car, normal text = variant of existing car:

- 2077 "Fallout Atom" (going by its filename of FAL_Atom_77 and its reference to Fallout, this doesn't seem to match up with FM6's Fallout car)
- 2016 Infiniti Q60 Forza Edition
- 2016 Lexus RCF GT3
- 2016 Honda Civic GRC (has a rather high database ID suggesting it's a recent addition)
- 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe Forza Edition (also has a high ID, seems to be separate from the Project 7 FE)
- 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (this is already in-game, but there's another variant with "BT" at the end which I don't recognise)
- 2014 Chevrolet SS Forza Edition
- 2012 Cadillac Escalade Forza Edition
- 2011 Kia Cee'd (was in FM5, could be leftover, but this wasn't present in FH3's file so I'm including it as newly returning)
- 1983 Jaguar XJR-5 #44
- 1981 Ford Fiesta Forza Edition
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Forza Edition
- 1956 Ford F100 Forza Edition

This is in addition to the previously mentioned stuff like the 2CV, MG3, Jensen Interceptor, and so on, which are all still present.

All we'd really be missing if the Civic indeed comes is the Fiesta/RXLite Fiesta and we'd have all the current GRC cars in game (the Subaru's not quite the same but it's homologated to be fairly similar)... Add in the fact they've been showcasing FM7 at various GRC events at the end of the season and it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to do the math. I'm not holding my breath just yet, but it looks like a RallyX expansion could potentially be on the table.

All we'd really be missing if the Civic indeed comes is the Fiesta/RXLite Fiesta and we'd have all the current GRC cars in game (the Subaru's not quite the same but it's homologated to be fairly similar)... Add in the fact they've been showcasing FM7 at various GRC events at the end of the season and it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to do the math. I'm not holding my breath just yet, but it looks like a RallyX expansion could potentially be on the table.

My thoughts exactly. Forza DLC always seems to "gear up" for something upcoming - Australian cars in FM6 for FH3, track toys in FH3 for FM7, NASCAR tracks in FM5/6 for NASCAR, etc.

If we see more GRC/general rallycross cars showing up then I think it's a no brainer.

Here's the 911 RSR's erroneous UI icon in high res for anyone curious:
thumbnail_2775_big.png

And here's a weird Falken 911, it has the graphics and number but almost no sponsors whatsoever. It looks like a 991 to me but I'm not certain. I found this one in the demo's files a few months ago but dunno if I've actually posted the picture yet.
thumbnail_2291_big.png

My thoughts exactly. Forza DLC always seems to "gear up" for something upcoming - Australian cars in FM6 for FH3, track toys in FH3 for FM7, NASCAR tracks in FM5/6 for NASCAR, etc.

If we see more GRC/general rallycross cars showing up then I think it's a no brainer.
Guys please! All of this is too much for me. :D
giphy.gif

Can the rally WRX have its weight reduced to what the RX is at? In FH3 it would be about 150kg heavier than the Focus and Beetle.
No weight reduction but it does make 600 BHP to the 478 BHP of the Focus RX in homologation spec

That Falken car is the older 991 RSR, which is even odder considering it was actually raced before and when FM6 came out, yet we only got the 997 RSR in that game...

That Falken car is the older 991 RSR, which is even odder considering it was actually raced before and when FM6 came out, yet we only got the 997 RSR in that game...
It’s a 2014 911 RSR. Probably captured at the same time as the other 2014 IMSA GTLM cars. The lack of Falken sponsoring might suggest that this car has been abandoned due to licensing. Falken withdrew from the IMSA Tudor United Sportscar Championship after 2015. The Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche Expansion was in early 2016. But why it is in the Forza Motorsport 7 files is anyone’s guess.

The IMSA liveried 2017 911 RSR might be saved for a possible IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship Expansion. Fingers crossed for that one.

So it appears GT Sport will be getting one or two Toyota road car classics next week. Are Toyota now coming to their senses again, or is there some reason why PD could be getting a free pass on these cars? I hope FM7 will get a taste of this development.
I’m starting to think there’s some sort of exclusivity deal with PD & Toyota. No other reason why GTS gets the A80 Supra & FT-1 yet every Toyota from FM6 is gone completely in FM7 and all we have is the NASCARS, a GTP Car and a Trophy Truck.

pCARS 2 has some road Toyotas as well (even a Rocketbunny GT 86), so I don't know what could be happening that neither Forza 7 nor NFS Payback were able to get the licensing right.

pCARS 2 has some road Toyotas as well (even a Rocketbunny GT 86), so I don't know what could be happening that neither Forza 7 nor NFS Payback were able to get the licensing right.

If the rumors are correct, it's due to customization and Toyota not wanting their cars to be modified.

I’m starting to think there’s some sort of exclusivity deal with PD & Toyota. No other reason why GTS gets the A80 Supra & FT-1 yet every Toyota from FM6 is gone completely in FM7 and all we have is the NASCARS, a GTP Car and a Trophy Truck.

I mean, everybody hoped for better, including myself, but I knew that is was probably going to be turning out to this conclusion when Toyota started to leave en masse from games.

On the one hand, you are working with a Japanese company, so there is none of that pesky lost in translation.

On the other...this is bad, and will just tank an already dim view of Toyota in the eyes of gamers and enthusiasts. One has to wonder, if this PD-Toyota partnership is true, did they not see how Porsche was raked over the coals for it? Then again, Japanese companied are notorious for bull-headed and ignorant business moves and philosophies.

Watch, this 'partnership' is going to completely lock everything non-Toyota to PD's titles with no hope for DLC to be added to other titles. So we won't even get the pre-requisite Toyota expansion. Hope you all enjoy in Horizon 4 the only Toyota vehicles being Arctic Trucks!

But pCARS 2 has a modified Toyota, that was my point. It has a road and a GT4 version of the Rocketbunny GT 86.

I'd say to wait until the new Toyotas in GTS drop and see if there's any sort of restrictions placed on them by default, but GTS doesn't have much tuning and customizing to begin with, so that's a moot point.

What I think is getting flown under the radar is that it's very much possible that SMS licensed the RocketBunny GT86 GT4 and road car under Tra Kyoto/Rocketbunny's name and is able to get it in, much like how the only Toyota's in Forza 7 are the Toyota Racing Division NASCARS, the Arctic Trucks Land Cruiser and Hilux, and the AAR-developed Eagle. T10 probably registers them under the shop that developed them, and not Toyota directly. As a result, it might get underneath the restrictions of not customizing Toyota vehicles if that's truly the case, by registering the trademarked vehicle underneath the shop or racing team that customized it initially.

I don’t believe it’s about customisation at all since most of the Lexus’ in FH3 (Aside from the RC F and SC300) had barely any customisable parts excluding Forza Aero and there were also several Toyota’s (Including the Celica GT, Corolla SR5, MR2 SC & 2000GT) that I remember only had Forza Aero available.

If it was about customisation, then surely the non customisable cars, and race cars like the GT-ONE and TS040, would’ve made it into Forza 7

I don’t believe it’s about customisation at all since most of the Lexus’ in FH3 (Aside from the RC F and SC300) had barely any customisable parts excluding Forza Aero and there were also several Toyota’s (Including the Celica GT, Corolla SR5, MR2 SC & 2000GT) that I remember only had Forza Aero available.

If it was about customisation, then surely the non customisable cars, and race cars like the GT-ONE and TS040, would’ve made it into Forza 7

Exactly. Which is why I'm leaning towards the idea that it's a straight up exclusive partnership with PD.

There is more to customization than just aero parts. If that were the case, Forza could have Toyota's but without aero upgrades. Also, the Celica (90's model Turbo) had several aero parts that weren't Forza parts.

It's possible T10 didn't get the rights for Rebellion, which will take out the TS040.

Whatever the case is, hope the cars come back. I think it's lame that GTS is able to get those cars but other games can't at the moment.

If it is indeed some sort of exclusivity deal between PD and Toyota than it would be just like the Porsche and 'currently' Pikes Peak situation... :grumpy:

Hopefully it's not though because I miss building my ST205 and ST185 to rally specs.

I doubt there's an exclusive deal between PD and Toyota. It would only seem feasible if PD had made sure to have a good variety of Toyota models available from day one. Feeding the cars as DLC down the line just doesn't have the same impact. Of course, it could be a long-term deal where the short-term results don't matter. Although the problem appears to revolve around Toyota road cars, it's also worth asking why FM7 didn't receive the Toyota racing prototypes PC2 launched with.

Assuming for a second there may be an exclusive deal with PD, Toyota would also have to consider the loss of exposure through other racing games. FM7 could have launched with somewhere around 25 Toyota and Lexus models if business had carried on as usual. Mostly older models though, to be fair. We've all seen how the former exclusive deal between EA and Porsche led to nobody winning. Repeating this scenario would be pointless, especially because Toyota isn't exactly the kind dreams are made of.

Back