Forza Motorsport 7 Development Will End After August Update

Yeah too bad you need a strong PC and a highly expensive steering wheel for those two games though...

AC can be pretty much ran on a potato, and can be played with the exact same controller as your PS3/PS4/XB1. So yeah, no.

I just got into this game barely a week ago and now it's ending its post-release support. I'm just awful with timing. :indiff:

Regardless, I have to agree with the freeplay, it's one of the most robust ones I've experienced. Creating race groups set on individual timers and having them compete with each other or independently, refining car restrictions to the finest detail, creating team races... It's quite overwhelming really, and could only get better through more in depth personalization of the weather/day settings, along with horizon 4's vehicle selection feature from its blueprint system (minus the fifty car capacity).

For content, the only thing I felt this game was missing was proper GT1 cars. There's the Elite Factory Racers division, which helps numb their absence, but I would have preferred the real deal with such cars as the Panoz GTR-1 and Lotus Elise GT1 race car.
Some of the classification of the car divisions could be a bit better as well, such as the Lotus Elise and Exige being put in with the track toys instead of the other sports cars, or the Crown Vic being a Forza Special instead of being placed with the other retro muscle like it is in horizon. Aside from that, the game does not disappoint.

Ultimately, I just hope that FM8 improves on FM7 whilst sacrificing very little content in the process. I also desperately hope it's backwards compatible with the Xbox One, because I don't buy new consoles until they're a few years into their lifecycle, and would hate to miss out on FM8 until half a decade later.
I just can't justify purchasing a new console at launch considering that they usually have problems to work out, such as my launch version of the PS3, which stopped recognizing game discs, or my launch Xbox 360, which deleted all my game progress for Halo Reach and Gears 3 when I got Xbox Live. Furthermore, I just bought a Xbox One S last winter, and still need to put some miles on it to self-validate the purchase.

Anyhow. FM7, a great game with a staggering amount of content, and lots to do for casual solo players.

I just got into this game barely a week ago and now it's ending its post-release support. I'm just awful with timing. :indiff:

How is it awful timing? The end of support usually marks the best point in time to adopt a game, hence it's also common for some publishers to re-release their games as complete editions when support ends. Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to play FM7 during its first 12 months.

Ultimately, I just hope that FM8 improves on FM7 whilst sacrificing very little content in the process. I also desperately hope it's backwards compatible with the Xbox One, because I don't buy new consoles until they're a few years into their lifecycle, and would hate to miss out on FM8 until half a decade later.

If FM8 comes out in 2020, I think you're good for a cross-gen version of the game. I suspect your odds decrease quickly for every year after that.

However, I doubt you really need to worry about bugs and holding off this time, as Scarlett and the PS5 are almost certainly working in the same architecture as this generation again, and Scarlett's OS will almost certainly be a heavily customized version of Windows again. Less weirdness to deal with.

[...] I also desperately hope it's backwards compatible with the Xbox One, because I don't buy new consoles until they're a few years into their lifecycle, and would hate to miss out on FM8 until half a decade later.
I just can't justify purchasing a new console at launch. [...] Furthermore, I just bought a Xbox One S last winter, and still need to put some miles on it to self-validate the purchase.

The good news for you is that FM7 has a lot of content to keep you busy for a couple of years. Also keep in mind that accessories of the XBOX ONE will be compatible with next XBOX. So when you feel ready why not get a wheel ? I transitionned from pad to wheel and the game feels all new. Really the physics are different (the dev confirmed that there was a lot of input tweaking with a pad)

Also there are a lot of good racing game on XBOX ONE to keep you busy until you feel the ONE paid for itself

SVX
AC can be pretty much ran on a potato, and can be played with the exact same controller as your PS3/PS4/XB1. So yeah, no.

Do you really think that anybody is going to be playing Assetto Corsa with a pad? You're losing a vast majority of the feeling that you get from the handling system. I played AC on PS4 with a pad for an hour before I realized that this game wouldn't feel complete without a steering wheel.

How is it awful timing? The end of support usually marks the best point in time to adopt a game, hence it's also common for some publishers to re-release their games as complete editions when support ends. Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to play FM7 during its first 12 months.

Yeah I just got the game about 2 months ago so I got it after the FFB update and basically everything else that has been updated in the game. I'm glad I waited now.

Shame they aren't going to get around to fixing drafting, the racing is really hurt by the current model.

Drafting has been hit or miss with me so far. I don't race online so I can only go off the things I see offline but I notice that the character of a race changes in say the last half to final third of a race. Like last night I was running a race at VIR full. In the first say half of a 15 lap I could be right on the AI car's rear bumper as we start down that very long straight but I won't close on it. But after say lap 9 or so I did close on the AI car and was able to overtake at the end of the straight.

Very sad news but the game has received fantastic updates and free cars since launch, owning Forza 7 day one I remember it had nothing really on release. I thought there was a A I update based on real world Forza players, I was looking forward to this. Also how will we get M Rossi race suit hehe I keep checking the race shop daily :(. I hope the update in August will be good, I’m guessing no more tracks as I was hoping a expansion would add that but still great job the game I enjoy it.

Only having the game about 2 months, the awful AI behavior has been the most shocking thing to me. In now 2019 to have a racing game with all of the resources turn 10 has and to STILL have an AI that is this bad is inexcusable. If you're about 10 car lengths back you can watch them flow smoothly through a series of turns lap after lap. But get right up on them to try and pass and suddenly they brake check the heck out of you or turn in on you if you try for position. The AI is the biggest thing in this game that really gets my blood boiling.

SVX
I really don't think so with a controller though. From what I've heard in the past, many struggled to play it with a controller unless it was built around it in mind by the devs, which I assume wasn't the case.
Do you really think that anybody is going to be playing Assetto Corsa with a pad? You're losing a vast majority of the feeling that you get from the handling system. I played AC on PS4 with a pad for an hour before I realized that this game wouldn't feel complete without a steering wheel.
This is exactly my feeling on why I said in the past, I will like to play AC with a wheel instead. I just believe it wasn't made for both pads and wheels if the physics allowed it. It be another pCARS situation where you're toggling with the pad settings to get the "right feeling" again.

I really don't think so with a controller though. From what I've heard in the past, many struggled to play it with a controller unless it was built around it in mind by the devs, which I assume wasn't the case.

This is exactly my feeling on why I said in the past, I will like to play AC with a wheel instead. I just believe it wasn't made for both pads and wheels if the physics allowed it. It be another pCARS situation where you're toggling with the pad settings to get the "right feeling" again.

Lots of people play it with a pad, some even drift. The game even came to console for that reason.

GT Sport also had wheel design priority - you can notice it when you get into any car with a clutch. It auto-rides the clutch, yet you have no idea how much it's being depressed.

Seriously though, the August update will need to be unbelievably good in order to make this game feel like Turn 10 truly redeemed themselves after the troubled launch. Highly unlikely since nearly all focus at this point revolves around FRR... No arguing FM7 has improved in some ways feature-wise, but thorough polish around the rougher edges never really happened.

Drafting has been hit or miss with me so far. I don't race online so I can only go off the things I see offline but I notice that the character of a race changes in say the last half to final third of a race. Like last night I was running a race at VIR full. In the first say half of a 15 lap I could be right on the AI car's rear bumper as we start down that very long straight but I won't close on it. But after say lap 9 or so I did close on the AI car and was able to overtake at the end of the straight.

I don't think there is much you can take from single player, as there is plenty of "magic" going on behind the scenes with car performance to dial in the AI to the difficulty level you choose.

Playing online in a spec series with people who are at roughly the same skill level will make the drafting issues very apparent.

To put it simply, the chasing car gains speed by being in the draft, but begins to "push" the lead car from way too far back. As an example, the league I run with did Le Mans with no chicanes in the Nissan GTP ZX. Peak speed any of us were getting alone was 213mph. With a draft, we could hit 218mph. During the race, the trailing car would begin to climb above 213, but it would push the lead car above 213 well, and you would end up with two cars about a car length apart going 218mph down the Mulsanne. Not one overtake was made with the draft the whole race.

There is also an issue with pack drafting, where the 3rd and 4th cars in a train will randomly lose the draft effect, but that one isn't so consistent so it may have something to do with connections.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but picked up a One X a few months ago for red dead redemption 2.

I started racing Forza on PC but figured why not give it a try on the X as it's already on my Microsoft account and my Fanatec works on Xbox.
It is far more optimized (I would guess obviously) for console, smooth as silk.
Racing the AI is a terrible experience, but the driving itself is quite good.
I'm really enjoying the Radical RXC, completed every race in the driver's cup, now moving on through my trophy hunting addiction.
For a guy that does weekly league races in rFactor 2, I just have to hand it to Turn 10 as I'm having alot of fun with it.

Three suggestions please.

FOV adjustment
Less aggressive AI
Native 2560x1440p support

Totally the same case here.
I bought an Xbox OneX just for Forza Motorsport 7, because I'm a long time Forza MOTORSPORT fan. I played Forza since the first one, on Xbox Classic.
I never thought, that the Motorsport 7 will be soooo disappointing to me. :(
It's kind a Motorsport / Horizon hibrid with the ridiculous costumes and some other design choices.
So exactly the same happened with me:
I bought a PS4 Pro, and started playing Gran Turismo, for the first time ever...
And meanwhile I always give a chance to my big love; Forza...
I checked it after every update, how the things are, and...
It's not my franchise anymore. :(
Maybe the Motorsport 8...
We will see.
But this time I definitely not going to pre-order it. It was a big mistake.
Honestly pre-ordering Forza games is silly, with game pass you either get it for free or can rent it for a month basically and within 3 to 6 months it will be at least 50% off at least once.

If you wait 6 months you can usually get it for around $40 with all DLC included... Although if they decide to bring over FH4's weekly unicorns you'll miss out on lots of free content though...

Honestly pre-ordering Forza games is silly, with game pass you either get it for free or can rent it for a month basically and within 3 to 6 months it will be at least 50% off at least once.
If I'm going to buy it new I might as well pre-order it. It's really not any sillier than buying it outright after release.

If you wait 6 months you can usually get it for around $40 with all DLC included..
No you can't. That's never been the case.

If I'm going to buy it new I might as well pre-order it. It's really not any sillier than buying it outright after release.

No you can't. That's never been the case.
I'm pretty sure you could? The DLC has been like 40% off multiple times as has the base game to my knowledge... I'm pretty FM7 was off a bunch as well during the Black Friday or Christmas sale months after release?

Like I'm pretty sure FM6/7 and FH3/4 were both on sale within months for either Black Friday, Christmas or New Year's sales.

Microsoft knocked $20 off the base price for Black Friday 2017.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/13/black-friday-deals-2017/

For 2018 FH4 was 35% off while FM7 was 50%. So while you can get a discount only a couple months after the usual release date, you're not going to get the deluxe version for $40 6 months after release (from the MS store at least).
The Deluxe edition doesn't even come with all the DLC anyways. For the 2018 sale, Did that include all versions? Because if it didn't than the Ultimate edition wasn't remotely close to the price listed above.

When FM7 released, I thought I had wasted $100 on it. It was buggy, almost 20% of the cars were locked away, the prize crates were annoying, menus were super slow to load, etc. But T10 fixed the bugs, unlocked the cars, got rid of the prize crates, improved the menu loading times, and generally kept working on it to make it a better game. The monthly spotlight cars were a nice touch and brought a lot of great new race cars to the game. It didn't take long before I was actually enjoying the game. The day after launch, I was 95% percent certain I would not buy FM8. Now I'm 95% certain I will.

When FM7 released, I thought I had wasted $100 on it. It was buggy, almost 20% of the cars were locked away, the prize crates were annoying, menus were super slow to load, etc. But T10 fixed the bugs, unlocked the cars, got rid of the prize crates, improved the menu loading times, and generally kept working on it to make it a better game. The monthly spotlight cars were a nice touch and brought a lot of great new race cars to the game. It didn't take long before I was actually enjoying the game. The day after launch, I was 95% percent certain I would not buy FM8. Now I'm 95% certain I will.

I didn't get FM7 initially because I was so disgusted with FM6's FFB. But after inquiring about FM7 about 3 months ago I went ahead and got it and I'm glad I waited until everything was sort of fixed and the FFB feels better. As long as they leave the FFB alone and hopefully fix the dreadful AI behavior, I'm about 95% sure I'll get FM8 too but I definitely won't preorder it or even get it at launch. I'll wait it out for a few months just to see if anything is wrong with it.

For FM8 I just want them to to still the career mode from Project CARS lol.

If they don't have practice, qualify and race weekends by the 8th game I'll pretty much give up lol.

Well, that and a lot more tracks. Pretty disappointed there was only... Two new tracks? Three? I honestly don't remember. It's been almost two years though...

I'm curious if they'll add the 24 hour weather cycle they were pretty close with FM7.

Well, that and a lot more tracks. Pretty disappointed there was only... Two new tracks? Three? I honestly don't remember. It's been almost two years though...

I'm curious if they'll add the 24 hour weather cycle they were pretty close with FM7.
I was still on the fence about getting FM7 up until about two weeks before release. Then I saw the Dubai circuit and that was enough to get me to pull the trigger. And yeah, full dynamic ToD and weather would be amazing. If FM8 launches on Scarlett/XB4/whatever they call it, then there's no reason they can't implement it.

If they don't have practice, qualify and race weekends by the 8th game I'll pretty much give up lol.

Technically only 1 brand new track to the series and that was Dubai. Suzuka, maple valley were redone from older games.

Suzuka, maple valley were redone from older games.

Mugello as well.

I would love a combination of the PC2's career along with invitationals similar to what FM6's expansions had.

Or just give me Blueprint plus the FM7 Free Play and I'll make my own career mode! (This is actually something I've been working on off and on since shortly before FM7 came out).

Back