Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I'm having a hard time choosing my car for the Early Prototype challenge (Sauber C9 or Toyota MKIII? decisions, decisions)

Definitely go for the C9, the Toyota MKIII loses 90hp from homologation and the Drivatars will absolutely destroy you on the straights.

The BMW Isetta is broken for me. If I try to load a Free Play race with the Major Micros division, the game either soft-locks on the 'Now Arriving At' screen, or puts me into a race with no opponents, despite having chosen 23 opponents. :grumpy:

There's not a single aero option that works on the E30 M3, ie changing the rear wing simply takes it off no matter which option you choose. Ditto with the Z3M Clownshoe, and the E46 has the Runny Bucket and Forza wing options mixed.

Hope that's fixed, I really want an E30 on Turbofans with the Evolution aero options. :/

Hey @PJTierney, I saw that you were on AR12's Forza 7 video. Hope you had fun :)
I didn't even know it was Nick's Lobby until halfway through :) I joined via Lime as I saw he was online and fancied some Multiplayer. That Renault's fast but much easier to drive than the Lotus.

11hrs in and still no idea how the homologation stuff works..anyone able to explain it to me please?
  • Every car in the game has a Division (Hatchback, Supercar etc.)
  • Each Division has a set of build limits (PI, Tyre width, Power).
  • Any car you use in a Homologated event needs to fit within those build limits.
  • When you're about to install a part that breaks those limits you will see a note on-screen informing you as such.
  • When you buy a car, you also get the parts required to Homologate it.

The BMW Isetta is broken for me. If I try to load a Free Play race with the Major Micros division, the game either soft-locks on the 'Now Arriving At' screen, or puts me into a race with no opponents, despite having chosen 23 opponents. :grumpy:
I've had a similar problem trying to replicate the "Race of the Red Emblem", I showed up with my R33 and I had to increase the PI limit to 702 to get any AI cars to show up, who were all in 2012 GT-Rs. Even increasing that PI limit to 999 just means that the 2017 GT-Rs show up too. :grumpy:

What time does the game release for us Standard users? It only says on the 3rd on the Microsoft Store page.

Are they planning of releasing it at 12AM GMT like they did with Ultimate Edition?

Silly question; Are we allowed to share glitches that exploit the game?

I’ve found something that I want to share immediately, just don’t want to be banned haha

What time does the game release for us Standard users? It only says on the 3rd on the Microsoft Store page.

Are they planning of releasing it at 12AM GMT like they did with Ultimate Edition?

The ultimate edition release at 12:00am Eastern in the US and Canada. I would think the standard version will be the same. Not sure exactly what time it released in other areas but it was different.

The ultimate edition release at 12:00am Eastern in the US and Canada. I would think the standard version will be the same. Not sure exactly what time it released in other areas but it was different.

Oh ok I thought it was 12AM GMT.

Still be too late for me in Atlantic Canada. I'll wait until tomorrow! :)

Silly question; Are we allowed to share glitches that exploit the game?

I’ve found something that I want to share immediately, just don’t want to be banned haha

Does it violate Xbox ToS?

If it doesn't, then it's (probably) fine. If you're unsure, you can PM it. If it's the XP glitch that's been found — already posted, and certainly fair game!

If it's the XP glitch that's been found — already posted, and certainly fair game!
That's technically not a glitch, it's simply the most efficient method of using the tools given to you.

You're not "breaking" anything by doing it, although Turn 10 could easily say it goes against the "spirit" of what they intended for that car. Players don't care about the spirit however; if something can be done in a game and it doesn't break Terms of service, it'll be done.

I have heard of another exploit that has to do with intentionally crashing your game, but that one definitely shouldn't be abused/shared as crashing a game can cause all sorts of damage in the long run.

Turn 10 🤬
Why just why?

They did downgrade the rain drop on the windshield afteral. It was one of my most wanted changes, heavy rain on the windshield with lots of raindrops so you have limited visibility. And the way they move now is the same as GT6 :ouch:

Retail version
2017-09-30 (2).png

XBX preview footage
2017-09-30 (1).png

Yup, they downgraded a lot!

Afaik, raindrops in the demo were like in preview and FM6. Seems they changed that for the full game.

Edit
Yes, demo had full raindrop effect:

Turn 10 🤬
Why just why?

They did downgrade the rain drop on the windshield afteral. It was one of my most wanted changes, heavy rain on the windshield with lots of raindrops so you have limited visibility. And the way they move now is the same as GT6 :ouch:
There are multiple strengths of rain in the full game. I saw someone make a similar post the other day later to find that what he experienced was light rain, and heavy rain looked just like it did in the demo.

So I got to try the game last night, and I can't say that the Porsche was hard to drive. It actually handled quite well, and as long as you mind lift-throttle oversteer and weight transfer it becomes a great drive. I did happen to run into one oversteer instance that was uncontrollable, but it was due to weight transfer swinging the rear out over a long sweeper that I happened to lift too much before the turn. Other than that, cars seem more stable than they did in 6. Enjoying the few races I've had so far in the Hot hatch category.

There are multiple strengths of rain in the full game. I saw someone make a similar post the other day later to find that what he experienced was light rain, and heavy rain looked just like it did in the demo.
Can you show me any examples please. I searched for it but didn't find anything :boggled:. Im still gonna build a pc this week to play Forza at its best but i just don't want unneeded downgrades when the demo had the full rain even on Xbox One.

Can you show me any examples please. I searched for it but didn't find anything :boggled:. Im still gonna build a pc this week to play Forza at its best but i just don't want unneeded downgrades when the demo had the full rain even on Xbox One.

It does have heavy rain and fog. You can barely see where you are going on certain track.

On Xbox One the heavy rain windshield effects are nowhere near as good as they were in FM6. What a shame if the demo led people to expect the same from the full game.

FM7 has been quite the scam business so far:
  • Misleading VIP incentives for pre-orders.
  • Scope of new weather system exaggerated
Forza Week In Review 8-18-17
I want to make sure that you all understand what I mean when referring to conditions like weather and time of day. In Forza Motorsport 7, we’ve built tracks with a central goal in mind: Making every time you return to a track a unique experience.

This turned out to be a lie. The day and night weather scenarios are scripted and often completely static.

• More lies and half-truths.
Forza Garage Week 4
Consider two fan favorites: the 2017 Ford GT and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi, both of which feature fully modeled engines in Forzavista for the first time in Forza Motorsport 7.

The Subaru 22B doesn't have a fully modelled engine in Forzavista. The hood is locked like it always has been.

Forza Garage Week 4
For the Subaru Impreza 22B, the team travelled halfway across the world to source a completely original car – including all factory stickers and zero modifications – giving players a rare glimpse at this beloved Subie. With Forzavista, details matter and we can’t wait for players to explore their favorite cars in Forza Motorsport 7.

Does this story have nothing to do with the development of FM7? Nothing indicates that the game doesn't use the same old model from previous games.

Forza Garage Week 4
In fact, we’re making the Forzavista experience even better by allowing players to explore cars not only in our gorgeous pre-made home spaces, but also track-side before the race begins.

It's also a stretch to say that Forzavista has been made better. Yes, cars are now "explorable" on the pit lane, but Forzavista has fewer points of interaction overall than it did in FM6. And what home spaces? I can only find the default garage space.

Forza Garage Week 4
After all, every car in Forza Motorsport 7 features a full Forzavista experience, allowing players to discover each car’s unique characteristics in exquisite detail.

Several cars only offer the limited Forzavista experience without explorable engines and trunks. There's not even a way to interact with headlights anymore, which was possible FM6. Pop-up headlight animations? Not in Forzavista this time around.

There's probably more pre-release ******** I could dig up that doesn't apply to the released FM7 product.

Last edited:
Anyone made it to collector tier 12 yet?

I'm just curious if there is any additional discount or credit increase at that point. I just rolled over from 10 to 11 and looks like the discount is still 400k and the optional credits is still 50k.

Even though I have more general disappointment with some of the design decisions on this iteration, I'm still finding the game engaging and fun. I had a two lap race in C class last night against the Ai on the 'Ring, from night to dawn. I was in a 90's FC Rx7 and the first place car was a Charger, and it was a pretty close and fun race between the two of us but I managed to snag the win within the last quarter of the track. My car just wasn't set up for speed, so he kept catching up.

The homolagation thing is going to take some adjusting to, and I'm still not entirely sure how it works. I joined the Hot Hatch Catagory and received a C500 Civic. Now, my question is, if I detune it can I modify it how I'd like as long as it reachs C500, or is is there a certain type of parts I'm allowed to install?

Even though I have more general disappointment with some of the design decisions on this iteration, I'm still finding the game engaging and fun. I had a two lap race in C class last night against the Ai on the 'Ring, from night to dawn. I was in a 90's FC Rx7 and the first place car was a Charger, and it was a pretty close and fun race between the two of us but I managed to snag the win within the last quarter of the track. My car just wasn't set up for speed, so he kept catching up.

The homolagation thing is going to take some adjusting to, and I'm still not entirely sure how it works. I joined the Hot Hatch Catagory and received a C500 Civic. Now, my question is, if I detune it can I modify it how I'd like as long as it reachs C500, or is is there a certain type of parts I'm allowed to install?
You can apply any parts that dont go over 500PI or 300HP, or whatever the regulations for any division you race in

You can apply any parts that dont go over 500PI or 300HP
Thanks. I didn't really glance over it yesterday, only had about an hour to play so I just jumped right in with whatever it gave me, and tuned one car myself so far.

Back