Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Any of you Europeans getting the One X at midnight? I’m picking mine up in a little over 4 hours. Really pumped to see how good Forza 7 is going to look. :cheers:

We've got an article coming up tomorrow about the experience on X, but I can share a few quick thoughts on it:
  • Livery resolution is higher. I checked against FM6 to be certain. There's practically zero jaggies on user-created stuff. It's a blessing and a curse: I've actually noticed a few small errors on my Miata that weren't really visible before!
  • The rearview mirror(s) are now all 60fps, as are reflections as far as I can tell. The race still goes into 30fps when results come up on screen, though.
  • I'm not really seeing any LOD pop-in issues with cars on track.
  • Photo mode images default to 4K on the servers now. Interesting, since I've been playing on a 1080P set.

Huh, doing the 70's Grand Prix championship and I get to Nurburgring. It is pouring down rain, not sure how random the weather is but if this was something they mean to have happen everytime then it is a nice homage to the real 1976 German Grand Prix.

How does One X compare to a high end PC? I imagine the experience is a lot smoother.

Last edited:
Well this game looks incredible on the one x. Absolutely blown away!
I definitely agree. Had to take a peak while it was installing before bed. Simple things like paint just look so nice. Had a quick go at the Ring at sunset with a McLaren, and the lighting stands out immediately. This is going to be great for photomode

I went rain at Suzuka and it was jaw dropping to be honest. It’s 7:22pm here in aus so I’ve got a while to wait for it to install.

We really need a dedicated thread for all the exclusive and promotional driver gear.
Just a normal Driver Gear thread would do, where we can also discuss Gear from Crates etc.

We've got an article coming up tomorrow about the experience on X, but I can share a few quick thoughts on it:
  • Livery resolution is higher. I checked against FM6 to be certain. There's practically zero jaggies on user-created stuff. It's a blessing and a curse: I've actually noticed a few small errors on my Miata that weren't really visible before!
  • The rearview mirror(s) are now all 60fps, as are reflections as far as I can tell. The race still goes into 30fps when results come up on screen, though.
  • I'm not really seeing any LOD pop-in issues with cars on track.
  • Photo mode images default to 4K on the servers now. Interesting, since I've been playing on a 1080P set.
  • Are Replays running at 60fps now?

Ahoy.

What's needed?

Here’s the promo page:

http://icebreak.com.au/xboxpromo/

It appears that the driver gear is a random consolation prize.
B7002DAE-8760-4494-BA37-EBFC23A7A107.jpeg

I tried a few times and no dice-not even a driver suit. Good luck in your quest GroupB

When I logged in today I got a nice surprise-800cr because 8 people downloaded my carbon paint livery for the Porsche 935 which I was quite surprised to see as its just the specialty gloss carbon color. I shared it because I thought it looked good with the gold wheels. Cheers

If you needed any more proof that Forza 7's AI does not rubberband

05-11-2017_22-21-15.png

This was during a 10 lap race of Sebring with Elite Factory Racers up against Sport GT Icons.

Photo mode images default to 4K on the servers now. Interesting, since I've been playing on a 1080P set.

The game will most likely only be downsampling to 1080p for your tv/monitor, but the core game is most likely still running at 4k before that happens. Since it is an AMD based CPU/GPU in the Xbox, I would assume that they are using a form of VSR on the Xbox one to handle downsampling -

http://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vsr

You won't get any you are missing unless you haven't started playing FM7 yet. The loyalty rewards are only given when you first start playing FM7.

God damn it well I’ll still play anyway. I had heaps of acheivments and mileage etc for Forza 3 no race suit but I got forza 4/5/6/7 and horizon 1/2/3 race suits and no forza 2 as well and I’m so close to lvl up 10 in forza hub.

God damn it well I’ll still play anyway. I had heaps of acheivments and mileage etc for Forza 3 no race suit but I got forza 4/5/6/7 and horizon 1/2/3 race suits and no forza 2 as well and I’m so close to lvl up 10 in forza hub.

Unfortunately, the race suits are based on your rewards tier level and not which games you have played. I'm not a fan of that system, in this particular aspect, but it's good otherwise. I'm only missing the FM and FM2 race suits at this point.

I'll do it in the next few days, might do a few for people on here.
I would certainly appreciate one, and I'd be more then happy to reciprocate with some codes for Totino's/Mountain Dew/Doritos.

So, I reached the required 45,000 points in the Domination Elite championship division, but never got my suit or Shelby GT350R FE... :grumpy:

So, I reached the required 45,000 points in the Domination Elite championship division, but never got my suit or Shelby GT350R FE... :grumpy:
To get the elite goodies, don't you need to finish all the race series and showcases?

Back