Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I was messing around with free play and discovered, much like in FM6, that reducing the number of AI makes them a little more tolerable (I do 15 AI). Granted there are still issues, but it seems like they will at least acknowledge you existence more often.

2017 Aston Martin #27 Red Bull Racing RB-AM1

38369851616_306bec0111_c.jpg

24554653028_0727edc51c_h.jpg

24554659948_fbd06a4d7b_h.jpg

full

full

I honestly didn't start this game and expect to complete it in just a month and a half. :lol:

Now to just do the Forzathon events as they come.
Congrats.

I’m not far off the 1000 Gamerscore myself, just need to grind out World Traveller.

I’m not going to bother going for check marks in the Drivers Cup though, I’d rather put my driving time into Multiplayer :)

Winner winner chicken dinner! That looks splendid especially the green on the engine cover. Very Jaguaresque

It started out as an RB13 replica but the car has some nasty paint glitches around the sidepods edge (plus unprintable wings) which makes a true replica impossible. There are already plenty of attempts available by others and while none of them would be up to my standards they’re good enough for most people and if I did one too it wouldn’t stand out so much.

So instead I reprofiled it into an Aston Martin design, and as with all of my designs I attempted to make it as believable as possible. The driver identifier is a bit of an Easter egg, with the answer revealed once you download the design and have a closer look around ;)

I’m curious to see how it would look on the Xbox One X. Many of the logos in this one use thin lines and fine detail, which get compressed pretty badly on Xbox One.

Last edited:
S
Congrats.

I’m not far off the 1000 Gamerscore myself, just need to grind out World Traveller.

I’m not going to bother going for check marks in the Drivers Cup though, I’d rather put my driving time into Multiplayer :)

It started out as an RB13 replica but the car has some nasty paint glitches around the sidepods edge (plus unprintable wings) which makes a true replica impossible. There are already plenty of attempts available by others and while none of them would be up to my standards they’re good enough for most people and if I did one too it wouldn’t stand out so much.

So instead I reprofiled it into an Aston Martin design, and as with all of my designs I attempted to make it as believable as possible. The driver identifier is a bit of an Easter egg, with the answer revealed once you download the design and have a closer look around ;)

I’m curious to see how it would look on the Xbox One X. Many of the logos in this one use thin lines and fine detail, which get compressed pretty badly on Xbox One.

Has M. Rossi advanced from the Forza world to the F1 world?

That's a beautiful shade of green, I could see that on the actual F1 grid next year. 👍

Pretty sure that is just the difference between your previous and current levels. It should be at the normal amount once Friday, or whenever it resets comes around.
Ah, thank god. I was worried because I heard about a rewards glitch and thought it reset around the same time as the specialty dealer.

If I happen to accumulate enough credits to purchase the vehicle this weekend, I'll give it a look and post some shots.

What about pretty problematic steering?

It's so hard to keep desired line of driving, everything comes to multiple turns, like in some old arcade games with D-pad.

Default advanced configuration is personally better over 0-100 set.

Putting orbs to analogs, something else?

Finally unboxed my Elite Controller last night, and I think I’ve found a comfortable hardware configuration:

• Left Stick (racing): Standard length + Kontrol Freek Speed Freek Apex add-on.
  • Left Stick (painting): Increased length.
  • Right Stick: Standard length.
  • Paddles: Top paddle only on both sides (short paddles)

The one thing I did right away however is to set my paddles as LS and RS, as I’d rather have a “button” than click a Stick. I'll look into the other options later.

For the left trigger I’m using default sensitivity currently, but a 90% dead zone in-game.

That means that when I use the trigger stop I’ll be hitting around 80% brake pressure every time, which is just under the point where most cars lock up without ABS.

I tried it in the Hoppers last night and I didn’t lock up once.

----------

Side-note for UK players: Argos are continuing to do their discount deal: £109.99 + a free game from a selection of recently-released titles.

Sooo...today was bad day for me-daughter decided that my PC wants a drink,so she gave some..and for sure after i cleaned it not all working ok.
So reinstalled windows,etc,and i forgot that i moved house and internet in new place is absolute dial up :D
Hard drive gave up,not a biggie,as it was time to change anyway.Problem is damn windows store-just cant download 95gb without issues.
So went this way
Damn master race huh? :D

b49175f6-df45-4707-b8ab-aafa150a1740.jpg

This is a general discussion thread for things that don't really fit anywhere else, and aren't necessarily in-depth enough to require their own separate thread. A place to "shoot the breeze" if you will.

You all know the score; come in, hang out, and be nice to each other ;)
Is multiplayer hopper lobby the one and only place for online racing?

Is multiplayer hopper lobby the one and only place for online racing?
For now, yes.

You have about 10 Hoppers to choose from which allow you to race in different car types. Tracks are voted on after each race, races are about 6 minutes long.

You can also race privately with friends where you have total control over the Lobbies.

In the future, competitive Hoppers called Leagues will be launched. These are where the more serious racers will spend their days.

For now, yes.

You have about 10 Hoppers to choose from which allow you to race in different car types. Tracks are voted on after each race, races are about 6 minutes long.

You can also race privately with friends where you have total control over the Lobbies.

In the future, competitive Hoppers called Leagues will be launched. These are where the more serious racers will spend their days.
I'm waiting for leagues before I get back online, it still had it's nonsense but was usually manageable after the first corner lol

bf3
Sooo...today was bad day for me-daughter decided that my PC wants a drink,so she gave some..and for sure after i cleaned it not all working ok.
So reinstalled windows,etc,and i forgot that i moved house and internet in new place is absolute dial up :D
Hard drive gave up,not a biggie,as it was time to change anyway.Problem is damn windows store-just cant download 95gb without issues.
So went this way
Damn master race huh? :D

The reddit post you posted isn’t centered.

Friction assist still allowed in hopper lobbys and rivals?

I can go in and set mine to on, but dont really fell like trying it?!

Its just strange they didnt remove it from the assist menu, in the lobbys then. but i guess thats just typical game developer logic :)

I was in a party with some guys who claimed that the faster FRF guys said they still used friction assist in rivals.... but i never heard that myself.

For now, yes.

Thanks, I wasn't complaining, I am just new and wanna be sure what is what.

BTW I liked GT 6 where I could see past lap times (I am in a race and each lap completed there is a time I can see), and another one I like is the number of seconds I am behind the leader, How can I get those on my screen WHILE I am racing?

How do I permanently stop all racers microphones from being on?

FORZATHON, what is this and mine says 7 days I think and I cant click on any of the 3 events listed...please explain. THANKS

FORZATHON, what is this and mine says 7 days I think and I cant click on any of the 3 events listed...please explain. THANKS
You can see each requirement in the Forzathon menu.

If you complete those requirements, you will be rewarded.

You can see each requirement in the Forzathon menu.

If you complete those requirements, you will be rewarded.
OK, like I said I am new. Right now I am doing the first set of races in career, I think. No idea if any of that is connected to Forzathon.

Thanks, I wasn't complaining, I am just new and wanna be sure what is what.

BTW I liked GT 6 where I could see past lap times (I am in a race and each lap completed there is a time I can see), and another one I like is the number of seconds I am behind the leader, How can I get those on my screen WHILE I am racing?

How do I permanently stop all racers microphones from being on?

Where in the menu if you know?

Create Live party so I can complete forzathon?

I click on the first one in Forzathon, and nothing happens. Do I need a certain type of car before it will let me play it?

I dont want to abuse the threads, do you want me to ask about Forzathon in that thread you linked? When I click on any of those you show in your link nothing happens.

Oh wait, now I see this post there

Thanks, this time it worked when I used the forzathon tab after the race. Just so everyone is clear on this. I set up a race in Free Play according to Forzathon, (5 laps at Maple Valley, Classic Muscle Car), completed the race, select next race and you're on the podium, collect your rewards, driver level up etc. When you get to the next race, the pre race menu comes up then select the Forzathon tab and you'll see that it registered. From there, back out and change the race to satisfy the next Forzathon quest. Thanks again Nacho Libre

Hmmm, let me see if this makes sense when I get home. Is the Live Party related to Forzathon in anyway?

Last edited:
Back