I love the caption :lol:
Something less funny: DLC?

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 165
I love the caption :lol:
Something less funny: DLC?

They'll probably include some driver suits and helmets with the DLC packs? They have a "Cars A-Z" tab that I'm guessing means you'll unlock special brand related gear with affinity levels, so if they add a new brand via DLC it would make sense.

They'll probably include some driver suits and helmets with the DLC packs? They have a "Cars A-Z" tab that I'm guessing means you'll unlock special brand related gear with affinity levels, so if they add a new brand via DLC it would make sense.
I think there is going to be quite a few different ones. For example, if you preorder the game from Game in the uk you get a Game branded race suit as a pre order bonus.

I'm a bit worried as they keep talking about 4k, HDR, Xbox One X and PC but never talk about poor older Xbox One (regular and S). I'm especially curious if they managed to get the 60fps on Xbox One S.

I'm shocked to see that they've actually kept the trophy trucks from FH3 (I didn't really doubt it, just didn't really expect it). Should be fun to throw them around on the tracks, and the Focus RS RX is even better :D

Some observations from the Suzuka demo:
  • AI needs some adjustments. Too many silly mistakes in the first few corners.
  • Home space is covered in shadows (again).
  • Intrusive sky reflections in puddles. Almost like perfect mirrors in some spots.
  • Driver animations appear slightly less annoying compared to E3.
  • Improved paddle shifting animation.
  • More appealing menu interface.
I'm shocked to see that they've actually kept the trophy trucks from FH3 (I didn't really doubt it, just didn't really expect it). Should be fun to throw them around on the tracks, and the Focus RS RX is even better :D

I have a nitpick about how a trophy truck makes up the Free Play icon. It's the game mode where I usually spent most of my time, but trophy trucks were the last things I wanted in FM7 besides buggies.

Quick question guys, been awhile since I preordered thru MS. Saturday I preordered the VIP (or whatever its called) and MS still hasn't taken there money. I got the Hoonigan Car Pack on my FH3 when I did it so thought I was good. In the past I thought they took the money RIGHT THEN...is there a problem?? Thanks

This latest info-dump has made less excited for this game honestly. No more difficulty credit bonuses and more emphasis on mod cards? Magic tyres and the possibility of freaking loot crates? Please don't do this to me, T10. :(

I hope we can change the home space because that empty hall of a garage is unsettling. Pause at 0:38.
Most likely, but it'll probably be just... 1.

I think 5 was the only one you could really flesh out different home spaces, where as 6 kind of took a generic step back from beautiful Brazil to basic race garage.

Quick question guys, been awhile since I preordered thru MS. Saturday I preordered the VIP (or whatever its called) and MS still hasn't taken there money. I got the Hoonigan Car Pack on my FH3 when I did it so thought I was good. In the past I thought they took the money RIGHT THEN...is there a problem?? Thanks
I believe they charge you on release date now. I have destiny 2 on mine for two months now and still haven't been charged.

I believe they charge you on release date now. I have destiny 2 on mine for two months now and still haven't been charged.
Thanks man, Im kinda anal about my checking account....Guess I can go spend that $100 somewhere else until it comes out

This latest info-dump has made less excited for this game honestly. No more difficulty credit bonuses and more emphasis on mod cards? Magic tyres and the possibility of freaking loot crates? Please don't do this to me, T10. :(
I'm sticking with project cars 2...need I say more.

• Graeme Boyd (Aceybongos) and Bill Giese do a deep dive into Forza Motorsport 7.
  • The build they're showing is the "behind closed doors" version that media have been seeing all week (running on Xbox One X).
  • Garage-themed homespace shown.
  • Turn 10 have been building 4K assets ever since work started on Forza Motorsport 6.
  • 5 main tabs: Home / Single Player / Multiplayer / Cars / Progress
  • Forza Drivers Cup: Split into 6 Series. Those Series are then using the Car Divisions for individual events/Championships.
  • There's an "Open Division" that lets you race whatever you want.
  • Showcases return, tied in with people like Ken Block, Magnus Walker etc. (similar to Forza Motorsport 6).
  • The cars you race in the Showcases can only be earned in Showcases (and presumable the Auction House).
  • Driver Gear is split into multiple categories: All / Forza Favourites / Pop Culture / Team Colours / A-Z
  • There's a "Crate System" to help unlock these, a [Buy Crates] button was spotted (presumably works like "Loot Boxes" in other games).
  • Gameplay of Suzuka in a storm.
  • Assists no longer affect CR payout, it's all in the Mod system now, which returns from Forza Motorsport 6.
  • "Good Pass", "Perfect Turn" etc. mid-race notifications return.
  • A "Caution Ahead" notification comes up when you approach a section of track where a car has gone off.
  • Mods, XP and CR are given out after a Single Player race.
  • When you level up you get a choice of rewards.
  • The more cars you own, the higher your Collection Tier will be. This Tier is displayed on your profile and others can see it. A higher tier scales up the rewards you get.
  • Multiplayer main menu: Multiplayer / Leagues / Forza Hub / Forza TV / Forza Gallery / Message Center
  • Players can broadcast in 4K to Mixer.

Updated with VOD link.

Wasn't there a Pokemon guy now working at Turn 10? Honestly I think the cars being locked behind career, new loot crates, even more incentive on mod cards, new collectible driver gear and all that are all a result of this person. I guess it's common for the time we live in since so many games uses this kind of features now, Blizzard's Overwatch being the prime example of it.

I personally don't mind it, probably even welcome it. The single player career mode from FM5/6 was rather linear and repetitive, any overhaul or improvement is a welcome one even if most of that has to come from a new feeling of progression and rewards.

However the next step towards possible micro transitions seems very small again. If you remember the early FM5 reviews the game got some negative feedback for that aspect as well. If in FM7 the loot crates are purchasable by in-game credits then I guess there is no problem, maybe they replaced the mod packs by crates and include more than just mod cards now. But if you need real money for a decent chance at the best items (*) from the crates then depending what's in the crates this could have a real sour taste. A single Forza game with all its VIP, car pass, expansion pass and extra DLC car packs is more than expensive enough already.

(*) what exactly do we expect to be in the loot crates? Mod cards? Driver gear? Cars? FE cars? Unicorn cars? Maybe even consumables like instant credits and instant XP amounts?

The more I see of FM7 the more I think I'm just going to treat it as my fun, larking about racer, that I wont take too seriously. It's looking fantastic and seems to be an awful lot to do but I think they are going even further away from the serious racer I was hoping for. It's not a criticism I'll just have to treat it as a different experience.

The more I see of FM7 the more I think I'm just going to treat it as my fun, larking about racer, that I wont take too seriously. It's looking fantastic and seems to be an awful lot to do but I think they are going even further away from the serious racer I was hoping for. It's not a criticism I'll just have to treat it as a different experience.

Yup that's the exact same mindset I use as well. For me it's just another Forza Horizon 3 with gorgeous graphics but on circuits instead of an open world. For more serious racing games/sims there are better alternatives.

It's never really been a serious racer though (in terms of Forza Motorsport). It's always been a game first, with simulation aspects sprinkled in. Much like older GT games. Expecting anything different for FM would be a big shift in T10's game design philosophies, and you'd would have certainly heard of that happening by now (in dev interviews, marketing etc.)

It's never really been a serious racer though (in terms of Forza Motorsport). It's always been a game first, with simulation aspects sprinkled in. Much like older GT games. Expecting anything different for FM would be a big shift in T10's game design philosophies, and you'd would have certainly heard of that happening by now (in dev interviews, marketing etc.)

True, but I would still say FM6 had an identity crisis in this regard. It pretended to be this very serious counterpart to FH2, but while the driving was great and sim-inspired, the races more than often felt like another arcade title. My point is, it's nice to see that FM7 doesn't try to communicate a fake vibe like FM6 did. FM7 apparently knows it isn't Assetto Corsa or Project CARS, which is the best for both Turn 10 and the player community. With FM6 there was this nagging impression that Turn 10 tried hard to be serious but fell through where it mattered. FM7 appears to follow a more consistent vision.

Has anyone noticed in the German video when they're selecting a career race, there was a "seeker championship" with a scale of 0/2100 in which it seems you earn points towards it be completing the races. I noticed on one of the menus that it also said SP(which I assume means seekers points) in one of the menus after that, which I can only guess, but it looked like a currency system tied to the championships. I wonder if that's going to be used to purchase loot crates?

Has anyone noticed in the German video when they're selecting a career race, there was a "seeker championship" with a scale of 0/2100 in which it seems you earn points towards it be completing the races. I noticed on one of the menus that it also said SP(which I assume means seekers points) in one of the menus after that, which I can only guess, but it looked like a currency system tied to the championships. I wonder if that's going to be used to purchase loot crates?
Those are Series Points, which contribute towards the current Championship. I believe I heard that a Championship can consist of multiple car types across successive races.

I'm pretty sure the seeker championship was discussed in the Acey Bongos stream with Geise on Mixer. There is a vid of it in a thread somewhere.

I like that there is a point system now in place for the driver championships, and that we can modify the length of the race which I am very happy about. However the lack of some kind of flag system still or qualifying (still not sure if its in), the things that make motorsport motorsport, really hurt the experience I feel. All that does is just promote banging your way up to first as usual.

I know they want the game to be accessible to everyone which is fine, but have a mode for hardcore racers at least. Making wires bounce inside the car doesn't make the experience more real no matter how much you want to promote that T10. And I really hate the driver just hanging around on the home screen, just corny in my opinion.

True, but I would still say FM6 had an identity crisis in this regard. It pretended to be this very serious counterpart to FH2, but while the driving was great and sim-inspired, the races more than often felt like another arcade title. My point is, it's nice to see that FM7 doesn't try to communicate a fake vibe like FM6 did. FM7 apparently knows it isn't Assetto Corsa or Project CARS, which is the best for both Turn 10 and the player community. With FM6 there was this nagging impression that Turn 10 tried hard to be serious but fell through where it mattered. FM7 appears to follow a more consistent vision.

I 100% agree on the bolded. And as someone who isn't interested in PCARS2 or Assetto in the slightest, that's great. Even for someone into those games it's probably not a bad thing as FM7 is seen as more of a complementary title and not a competitor vs PCARS2/Assetto, though I see why comparisons are made since there is a lot of overlap between the three of them.

Back