Forza Motorsport 7: March Car Pack + Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 133 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_march_update

The March update for Forza Motorsport 7 arrives on Tuesday, March 6!

With the upcoming start of the Forza Racing Championship 2018 Season, this update highlights Forza’s ongoing commitment to esports with the addition of two crucial features: Spectate Ticker and Spectate Telemetry.

In addition, this update features a specific focus on one of the community’s favorite Forza features – the Livery Editor. We’ve got a number of fan-focused improvements to the Livery Editor designed to make the creative lives of painters better in the game.

Finally, this update adds the cars of the March Car Pack to Forza Motorsport 7’s ever-growing list of 700+ vehicles.

Tagging: @GTPNewsWire @SlipZtrEm

Spectate – Ticker

Spectators of Forza Motorsport 7 online races will now have more information than ever with the introduction of the new Spectate Ticker. The ticker is on by default during Spectate races and offers up a multitude of data types that can enhance the viewer’s enjoyment of any Forza Motorsport 7 race broadcast. These data types include:

· Time Behind Leader

· Time Intervals

· Distance Gap (from race leader)

· Distance Gap (from car ahead)

· Lap Times

· Race Order Changes

While the race host can choose any of the above data loops to cycle through during a race, they can also choose to leave the data loop running through all data types. During this loop, the ticker will also feature additional information including leader and last lap time, as well as updated best lap information. Lobby hosts have the ability to choose which car they want to start the race on – this selection is part of the pre-race Seed the Grid screen available to lobby hosts.

Spectate – Telemetry

Learn more about the race and each individual driver competing with the new Telemetry screen. Only available when spectating races, the new Telemetry screen has been redesigned to work better with the in-race broadcast footage. Off by default, this Telemetry screen is manually engaged by the spectator and features a host of data that players can use to enhance their understanding of each driver. Spectators can scroll through numerous screens here including:

· Car Specs (including performance information on current car)

· Dashboard (featuring instruments indicating car speed and revs, steering input, and G-forces)

· Telemetry (RPM, clutch, power, throttle, torque)

· Damage (only used with Simulation Damage enabled)

· Suspension

· Tire Heat

· Friction

Livery Editor Updates
With the March update, we’ve been listening carefully to what Forza 7 players – and in particular Forza 7 painters – have been saying. With those suggestions in mind, we’ve introduced several new features in the livery editor designed to improve the creative lives of our painters. Here’s a closer look at the new functionality:

Layer Select Screen – Mirror Option

Players can now mirror select layers to the other side of a vehicle. The Layer Select Menu can use mirror functionality on the following configurations: Single Layer, Single Group, or a Group of Selected Layers and/or Groups. All options can have a manufacturer decal present in them. Manufacturer decals are transferred to the mirrored position but are not flipped.

Layer Select Screen – Flip Option

Players can now quickly and easily flip/mirror layers horizontally or vertically. The Layer Select Menu now has two options: “Flip Horizontal” and “Flip Vertical”. Selecting them will perform the flip operation on the following configurations: Single Layer, Single Group, or a Group of Selected Layers and/or Groups. NOTE: This will not work for any of the above if they contain a manufacturer decal.

Layer Position Screen – Flip Option

Players can now select a “Flip Option” modifier from the Layer Position Screen. This has been added to the Help bar and the shortcuts are:

Controller – Left Trigger

Keyboard / Mouse – TAB

Holding in the Flip Mode modifier, and then editing the layer using Left Stick/Cursor Keys/Mouse, will flip the layer in the axis the user moves. The system allows the player to move the stick in any direction and is smart about choosing that as the user-intended flip mode. As with the Layer Select Flip operation, this is available for Single Layer, Single Group and selected layers or a Group of Selected Layers and/or Groups. NOTE: This will not work for any configuration that contains a manufacturer decal.

Layer Position Screen – Snap Option

Players can take advantage of a new “Snap Mode” modifier which is available any time a player is editing a layer in the Layer Position Screen. This has been added to the help bar and the shortcuts are:

Controller – Right Trigger

Keyboard / Mouse – CTRL + SHIFT

(In keyboard/mouse CTRL by itself = Slow Mode and SHIFT by itself = axis constrained faster mode.)

Holding in the Snap Mode modifier, and then editing the layer using the Left Stick/Cursor Keys/Mouse, will snap the values as follows:

· Position – Snaps to the nearest multiple of 50 (…, -150, -100, -50, 0, 50, 100, 150, …)

· Size – Snaps to the nearest multiple of 0.25 (…, -0.75, -0.5, -0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, …)

· Rotation – Snaps to the nearest multiple of 45 degrees (0, 45, 90, 180, 225, 270, 315)

· Skew – Snaps to the nearest multiple of 0.25 (…, -0.75, -0.5, -0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, …)

· Opacity – Snaps to the nearest multiple of 0.25 (0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1)

This Snap Option is available on all layers, groups, and selected layers/groups.

Layer Color Select – Favorite Colors

Players can now save their favorite colors across Livery Editor sessions. This feature adds a new “Favorite Colors” tab to the Livery Color Select Screen. On any of the other color tabs pressing “Add to Favorite” shortcut will add the selected color to the Favorite Colors list, which is shown in the Favorite Colors tab. Re-adding an existing color in the favorites list will move the color to the front of the list. On the Favorite Colors tab, the same shortcut becomes “Remove from Favorite”, which removes the selected color from the favorites list. The shortcuts are:

Controller – Left Trigger

Keyboard / Mouse – ‘-‘ key

These favorite colors are now saved to the user’s profile and can be accessed across Livery Editor sessions in the game.

fe29af54-ec65-4c49-8985-6a51f5bb1202.jpg

d8a55ec8-905f-462c-bb58-b25483798616.jpg

a769cee2-6a05-4aa3-8c87-7ac9e8778a83.jpg

77349fca-304c-45f1-9a44-0670c517396e.jpg

9be3e6b9-1f96-4151-8849-193567a99d85.jpg

0da3413a-dd75-4ae4-9c71-9badfa9b39af.jpg

d2c83c04-30c2-4c2d-941d-0d16c6e240e4.jpg

Code:
1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider
1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5
1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX
1977 Brabham #8 Motor Racing Developments BT45B
2017 Lincoln Continental
2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

My guesses at Car Divisions. @ManteoMax, do you think these will be accurate compared to the cars already in the game?

The Birth of Grand Prix
- 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider

Early Prototype Racing
- 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

GT Racing Reborn
- 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX

Formula 70s
- 1977 Brabham #8 Motor Racing Developments BT45B

Sport Luxury
- 2017 Lincoln Continental

Modern Off-Road
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

Modern SUV
- 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Last edited:
Also, I'm really surprised it took the new Continental this long to get in considering it's packing 400 horses underneath. You'd think that would make it a shoo-in for Forza earlier then it was.

My guesses at Car Divisions. @ManteoMax, do you think these will be accurate compared to the cars already in the game?

The Birth of Grand Prix
- 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider

Early Prototype Racing
- 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

GT Racing Reborn
- 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX

Formula 70s
- 1977 Brabham #8 Motor Racing Developments BT45B

Sport Luxury
- 2017 Lincoln Continental

Modern Off-Road
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

Modern SUV
- 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

I’m guessing the Alfa will be sentenced to the wasteland like the BMW (forgot the exact model, but we got it a couple months ago). At least they can race each other.

The rest of the pack seems alright, the Brabham seems like highlight for now.

I did not expect to see the Z31 300ZX IMSA car, but I'll take it! I should have guessed that Jag would appear in the pack since it was leaked. For performance SUVs, the Volvo is an excellent choice. I honestly wanted to try the newer XC90 at some point and that Lincoln Continental feeds on my desire to try regular cars around race tracks. Though I have to say I didn't expect the new continental, oh well though. I hope this means Turn 10 will add the 400 hp Lincoln MKZ at some point.

That's something that I really like about the recent Forzas: the variety.

UPDATE: Simply unreal levels of saltiness in the trailer comments section. Worth a good read...
I personally haven't looked yet, I'm in fear of losing IQ points from it.

Here are my category predictions:

Forza Specials- 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider

Early Prototype Forza Specials - 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

Forza Specials Racing Reborn - 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX

Formula Forza Specials - 1977 Brabham #8 Motor Racing Developments BT45B

Forza Specials Luxury - 2017 Lincoln Continental

Modern Off-Road - 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

Modern SUV - 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

(This is secret insider info leaked from Microsoft headquarters!)

Everytime I feel a bit stupid, I go read the comments on these videos and I suddently feel better. :lol:

There's some really cool stuff in there this month.

One comment from the official FM Twitter thread for the car pack:

"and all the other cars are just generic old race cars that are identical to other cars in the game."

*insert Farnsworth meme*

I look at all the offroad vehicles coming in these packs and start wondering: is this a way to prepare the cars for Forza Horizon 4 where, let's be honest, they'll likely be more suitable, while simultaneously making some money off of them? Just food for thought.

I look at all the offroad vehicles coming in these packs and start wondering: is this a way to prepare the cars for Forza Horizon 4 where, let's be honest, they'll likely be more suitable, while simultaneously making some money off of them? Just food for thought.

I think it may be someone on here that theorized they just release cars as they finish them. Looking at the history of DLC I think they may be on to something considering there a handful of cars in FH3’s DLC that seemed more fitting in the Motorsport series. There is also the fact that the packs never seem to really have a theme and are just 7 cars thrown together.

I think it may be someone on here that theorized they just release cars as they finish them. Looking at the history of DLC I think they may be on to something considering there a handful of cars in FH3’s DLC that seemed more fitting in the Motorsport series. There is also the fact that the packs never seem to really have a theme and are just 7 cars thrown together.

It is, indeed, possible because, honestly, some cars just don't seem to fit all that well in the game for which they are released.

Pretty nice lineup. Not overly great but not too bad either.

All there's missing here is some classic road car from the second half of the 20th century. Fo example, there are still some pretty important gaps to fill at Ferrari.

I'm not massively wow'ed by this pack.. However I do feel it offers a decent variety.

I quite like that Alfa and the Jag..

and whilst I personally have no issue at all with trucks and SUV's there does seem to be a lot of focus on them this Game.

I still think we are getting an Off road/Rallycross expansion..

I must admit, my inner Troll loves seeing these cars being added to the game just so I can watch people on YouTube and Facebook throw their toys out the pram ;D

Turn 10 never listens.. Uhm hello, you got the Chirion last month.. Yet you still complained..

Here's the thing, It's perfectly fine to be disappointed with a pack.. I thought the Doritos pack was pretty weak honestly, but when you consistently act like spoilt brats.. I'm not surprised they don't always listen.. There are many cars I want to see in the game, but I wont throw a wobble every month when they aren't added.

Anyway, Good pack.. Not amazing but acceptable in my eyes 8-)

Nothing that excites me, absolutley nothing. But if i get that 911 GT3 RS by the end of the week... i'm all happy.

Oh, and there is always hope the new update contains some fancy free bonus car, right?

Edit: That trailer is strange. So much gameplay footage and they even took one of the songs from the game. Looks like they had to put it together rather quick. And even if some people like this pack, im sure it is more of a filler without any standout highlight. My money is on a proper expansion later this month!

Last edited:
Pretty nice lineup. Not overly great but not too bad either.

All there's missing here is some classic road car from the second half of the 20th century. Fo example, there are still some pretty important gaps to fill at Ferrari.

Indeed. There's also a lot of potential in Mercedes' lineup. Take a look at the middle of it:

1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
1989 Mercedes-Benz #63 Team Sauber-Mercedes C9
1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
2004 Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG

Between '72 and '04, there's three cars. One is a race car, and two are homologation specials. There's plenty of classic metal in the three decades between the two AMG sedans. Can you say "Hammer"?

Honestly though, assuming FM8 is coming in 2019, I'm sort of hoping T10 changes tack. The car list is so far and away above everything else in the genre, it really doesn't need to continue expanding. I'm sure it will, because "new cars" is an easy sell, but I hope there's a stronger focus on making sure each car is unique and more accurately representative of the real world model. Expanding the customization would be good too.

Oh, and a serious re-think of the Homologation system. I'm fine with a class system in addition to the ol' faithful PI one, but how it's integrated needs to be changed.

Changes to the livery editor are welcome with the new mirror options, but T10 really needs to up its game and offer image importing in future titles.

I don’t understand why they put these off-roaders in Forza Motorsports. There are no dirt tracks to drive on like Horizon.

I wish they’d concentrate on more sport trucks and SUV’s:

GMC Syclone/Typhoon
Ford Lightning
Chevrolet Silverado 454SS
Dodge Little Red Express
Dodge RAM SRT-10

Back