Forza Motorsport 7: March Car Pack + Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 133 comments
If there's one thing I like about Forza, is the variety. Although wonderful, however, I'm still questioning about the off-roaders' existence in each pack. Is T10 planning something or.....?

The Alfa Romeo is going to be my favorite. I'm also excited about the Lincoln. I owned a '64 Continental for many years. Drove it cross country twice. The race cars will be fun for a little while, then it will be back to the Alfa. The truck and SUV will probably get driven once and then back into storage unless an off-road expansion comes out.

But yea... that Alfa...

Last edited:
While i like what’s in the pack itself, am I the only one who thinks they kinda half assed the trailer. I know it’s nothing major but previous trailers were really well done yet this just looks like they took random scenes from gameplay and replays and just stuck one of the menu themes over the top. I don’t think there’s a single frame with sound actually coming from the cars.

I think they should do polls each month prior to the car pack release and let the public decide from a list of cars. The top cars voted on should be out into the packs. Let the public decide because the packs released so far haven’t been very good in my opinion.

@JR98 I agree, the worse trailer yet. It seemed less le a gameplay trailer with no in-game sound.

I think they should do polls each month prior to the car pack release and let the public decide from a list of cars. The top cars voted on should be out into the packs. Let the public decide because the packs released so far haven’t been very good in my opinion.

Going by the polls for the specialty dealer I’m not sure that letting people vote for DLC would result in better car packs. Unless you are a fan of drifting or hypercars of course:

That sounds like a logistical nightmare. It'd either be a list of cars that T10 conceivably already has modelled and ready to be put in the game — meaning it'd need to do however many cars months in advance, in the off chance they're voted in — or players would vote for them, then wait at least six months for the team to source and model the winners.

Plus, it'd probably be nothing but the latest supercars du jour and nothing else.

They did it years ago with Jalopnik (clicky). It took a long while to have the cars implemented, and the original list was curated by Jalopnik and Turn 10. It's a cool idea, one I'd love to see done again in the genre, but it faces an uphill battle against the short attention spans of today.

While i like what’s in the pack itself, am I the only one who thinks they kinda half assed the trailer. I know it’s nothing major but previous trailers were really well done yet this just looks like they took random scenes from gameplay and replays and just stuck one of the menu themes over the top. I don’t think there’s a single frame with sound actually coming from the cars.

Yep, it's definitely lacking compared to the previous ones. Might have to do with getting back on the usual schedule.

Going by the polls for the specialty dealer I’m not sure that letting people vote for DLC would result in better car packs. Unless you are a fan of drifting or hypercars of course:

I guess that’s why it’ll work for me then. Lol. I’m a big sports, super, and hyper car fan. I just figured out why I’ve been so underwhelmed by these packs so far. Smh. To each their own I guess. To be honest though, I’m happy so many others are happy and excited about this pack though.

That sounds like a logistical nightmare. It'd either be a list of cars that T10 conceivably already has modelled and ready to be put in the game — meaning it'd need to do however many cars months in advance, in the off chance they're voted in — or players would vote for them, then wait at least six months for the team to source and model the winners.

Plus, it'd probably be nothing but the latest supercars du jour and nothing else.

They did it years ago with Jalopnik (clicky). It took a long while to have the cars implemented, and the original list was curated by Jalopnik and Turn 10. It's a cool idea, one I'd love to see done again in the genre, but it faces an uphill battle against the short attention spans of today.

Yep, it's definitely lacking compared to the previous ones. Might have to do with getting back on the usual schedule.

I never knew they tried it in the past already. Well, I can scratch that idea.

Last edited:
If there's one thing I like about Forza, is the variety. Although wonderful, however, I'm still questioning about the off-roaders' existence in each pack. Is T10 planning something or.....?

Even if they don't go down the full off-road route, a simple rallycross expansion or even just ramps on road courses would make the existence of those high-riding vehicles more worthwhile in a Motorsport game.

My guesses at Car Divisions. @ManteoMax, do you think these will be accurate compared to the cars already in the game?

The Birth of Grand Prix
- 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider

Early Prototype Racing
- 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

GT Racing Reborn
- 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX

Formula 70s
- 1977 Brabham #8 Motor Racing Developments BT45B

Sport Luxury
- 2017 Lincoln Continental

Modern Off-Road
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

Modern SUV
- 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Those were my predictions too. I think the 1939 BMW 328 that concerns people because it's in Forza Specials is an anomaly because it was more a sports car than GP racer. I guess it will come down to how much power the 8C has.

Based on real world power and weight, I estimate the Lincoln will come in at mid to low B class like the Ghibli.

I know people gripe about offroaders and they're not my thing either, but if you look at the division, the Colorado is finally there for Chevy fans to round out the field against the Raptor, Titan, and Ram Runner. That seems like a reasonable addition to me.

While i like what’s in the pack itself, am I the only one who thinks they kinda half assed the trailer.
I was watching it and thinking "all this follow-cam footage is making it look like a video game" which it is, of course. But the better videos they've produced in the past made it look larger and better than that. I think you've hit on it, SlipZtrEm. Between updates, bug fixes and trying to get the DLC back on track, they probably didn't have a lot of time to produce this month's video. At least all the cars were in it this time.

And those that participated in the Bounty Hunter will technically* get an 8th new car on Wednesday, when the MGA also drops.

*It's not new because it was in FM4 as DLC but it's new to everyone that didn't get the chance to drive it back then.

Really good pack IMO. Has a bit of everything. From 30s Grand Prix, through to 70s F1 and 80s SCCA all the way to the newest big sedans and SUVs. Glad in a way that this pack has more in the way of classics because we've been spoiled with supercars and hypercars. The world of the automobile is a lot richer than that.

Last edited:
This Trailer does feel pretty lazy I must admit.

I mean, to me the Dorito's pack was the weakest pack this game thus far.. But one thing I can say is you can tell a lot of effort was put into it's trailer.. This one feels pretty slap dash.

Applause for continuing the diversity in the car packs. But this will be the weakest pack for me, personally. As someone else said, I’ll be happy to finally have the RS at week’s end to make up for it.

Very nice pack for me, but...what was going on in that trailer? Worst one they have ever done ever, and it's funny since the ones they did in the last months were superb. Maybe they were trying to go for a "real" look as in a "what you see is what you will see in the game" approach, but it looks dull and amateurish. It doesn't sell the pack at all...

BTW, I know most painters are thinking about it, but I'm planning this:

5df3ed9a22fc80b274305932d7def992.jpg

Without the Martini logos and stripes, it's about to be called literally empty.

Let's see if the new features can make a difference, I can't believe the livery editor is getting new features after all this time!

This Trailer does feel pretty lazy I must admit.

I mean, to me the Dorito's pack was the weakest pack this game thus far.. But one thing I can say is you can tell a lot of effort was put into it's trailer.. This one feels pretty slap dash.

I actually agree with this. It would have been quite easy to fix thay pack too. Switch the Stinger and 2018 Cayenne and I think both packs would have benefitted from that.

With this new car pack I hope we eventually top off GTO class with the 1988 camaro z28 GTO, the 1988 toyota Celica GTO, and the 1989 Oldsmobile cutlass GTO. That is my favorite class in forza, gt racing reborn. I never even knew that 300zx GTO existed before today only knew about the 1994 le mans version.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why they put these off-roaders in Forza Motorsports. There are no dirt tracks to drive on like Horizon.

I wish they’d concentrate on more sport trucks and SUV’s:

GMC Syclone/Typhoon
Ford Lightning
Chevrolet Silverado 454SS
Dodge Little Red Express
Dodge RAM SRT-10

I’d would love for every last one of these to be in the game.

Last edited:
Applause for continuing the diversity in the car packs. But this will be the weakest pack for me, personally. As someone else said, I’ll be happy to finally have the RS at week’s end to make up for it.

I forgot about the reward cars coming from th rivals event!

This pack's contents were a bit of a surprise but Im liking what Im seeing so not many complaints here. Good variety from a number of categories.

I just wish we would get a rallycross expansion so these SUVs and trucks would make much sense though

Thumbs up

The video has more dislikes that likes. Wonder if that’s aimed at the contents of the pack or the quality of the video.

The video has more dislikes that likes. Wonder if that’s aimed at the contents of the pack or the quality of the video.
Based on general consensus, it's the video quality. It look like it was slapped together in 5 min compared to previous car pack videos. There' 4 racing cars in this pack so I highly doubt it's that but of course there's plenty that are not pleased just like every month.

Back