Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer Brings Back a Bimmer, a CRX, and an AMG

The car unlock system is the dumbest part of this game. They don’t seem to be in a hurry to release the locked cars either in my opinion.
I agree, it’s so frustrating. Games nowadays just keep on getting ruined by all of these dumb tactics

Turn 10 probably knows that many players suffer from Forza fatigue every now and then. So by unlocking a nice car from time to time they can to some extent ensure that players will come back with relatively frequent intervals. Remember how their PR likes to brag about how many players Forza has every month? This strategy makes it irresistible for fans to boot up the game whenever another car gets unlocked.

It's so selfish and dumb though. They don't care that some people may have purchased their game to collect and customize particular cars. They are also gambling with the loyalty of their fans by pulling such tricks, so it's a rather shortsighted strategy.

Last edited:
Turn 10 probably knows that many players suffer from Forza fatigue every now and then. So by unlocking a nice car from time to time they can to some extent ensure that players will come back with relatively frequent intervals. Remember how their PR likes to brag about how many players Forza has every month? This strategy makes it irresistible for fans to boot up the game whenever another car gets unlocked.

It's so selfish and dumb though. They don't care that some people may have purchased their game to collect and customize particular cars. They are also gambling with the loyalty of their fans by pulling such tricks, so it's a rather shortsighted strategy.

Agreed 100% with your statement. So i wonder if they think that players won’t leave this game for a while when Horizon 4 comes out? I would think they would release all unlocked cars before then. I also think that some players will get tired of waiting for certain cars to become unlocked/offered. But like you said players will more than likely come back to acquire them when the time presents itself though. I know after Horizon 3 came out I didn’t touch FM6 after that and still haven’t touched it since.

This is honestly the only reason i haven't bought this title. I don't want to wait for a specific car to be unlocked to upgrade and drive it.

Back