Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer Brings Back the WRX, Titan, and Reventon

The “ Specialty Dealership” is a joke. For one or two weeks they added an additional new car. The R31 GT-S was one and I think there was another. That was a great idea but short lived. Now we’re nack to the same ol weekly repeats. I just don’t get it, there are so many cars still locked away in the game. They could add cars given away in events like Forzathon, rivals, and leagues. Also the spoilers on the “Forza Edition” Cars are way too big in width.

They could add cars given away in events like Forzathon, rivals, and leagues. Also the spoilers on the “Forza Edition” Cars are way too big in width.

They definitely could, but apparently they'll rather leave people disappointed so those desperate enough for an Audi TT RS or Ferrari 599 GTO (former Rivals rewards) can be lured into doing pointless and short-lived ForzaRC quests, which have absolutely nothing to do with the reason why the vast majority of players purchased FM7. Nasty surprises no one could predict when buying the game. So clever in the short-term, yet so retarded in the long-term.

Nasty surprises no one could predict when buying the game.

If you were surprised by the FRC stuff you obviously haven't been paying attention since they've been using external social websites to award in-game prizes since FM2.

If you were surprised by the FRC stuff you obviously haven't been paying attention since they've been using external social websites to award in-game prizes since FM2.

Did I say I was surprised by ForzaRC? No. It's nasty because FM7 is using locked base game content as time-limited prizes in online competitions such as the aformentioned. No problem if the rewards were DLC.

Did I say I was surprised by ForzaRC? No.

Your owns words say otherwise...

Nasty surprises no one could predict when buying the game.

That leads me to believe you were indeed surprised by this development.

No problem if the rewards were DLC.

They weren't DLC in FM2, it was the same "unicorn" situation we are dealing with now. The only difference is it's actually realistically possible to obtain them in FM7.

Your owns words say otherwise...

Sorry, I slightly misunderstood your reply. However, coming from FM6 there was a surprise in realizing that not even the Specialty Dealer would accommodate players who weren't prepared to follow Turn 10's communication very closely.

That leads me to believe you were indeed surprised by this development.

Yes, but how they're exploiting ForzaRC is only part of the unwelcome surprise.

They weren't DLC in FM2, it was the same "unicorn" situation we are dealing with now.

In that case you're right I wasn't paying proper attention, but Forza was not on my radar back then. Not that it changes my opinion that it's not a cool way to distribute base game content.

not even the Specialty Dealer would accommodate players who weren't prepared to follow Turn 10's communication very closely.

Visiting this forum has been enough for me to collect all the cars possible at my skill level. You really don't need to follow T10's communications all that closely.

Yes, but how they're exploiting ForzaRC is only part of the unwelcome surprise.

They did the same thing in FM6.

Not that it changes my opinion that it's not a cool way to distribute base game content.

I won't argue that it's not the best option. But the prerequisites they've given are hardly the mountain you make them out to be. If you spent half the time you spend complaining focusing on them you would probably have all the cars that don't require gold.

Visiting this forum has been enough for me to collect all the cars possible at my skill level. You really don't need to follow T10's communications all that closely.

The difference between visiting here on a regular basis and following Turn 10's communication is negligible. I missed more than half of the bounty reward cars because I didn't come to this board in the first few months following launch. One needed a break and some patches to overcome the initial disappointment. Amazing how that now backfires on my car collection.

They did the same thing in FM6.

What did they do the same in FM6? All base game cars were collectable offline in FM6.

I won't argue that it's not the best option. But the prerequisites they've given are hardly the mountain you make them out to be. If you spent half the time you spend complaining focusing on them you would probably have all the cars that don't require gold.

It depends on how you look at it. By now I have obviously realized that it's best to stay on top of the news and then pray that the unstable gifting process associated with bounty hunting etc. works as intended. However, the complaint @GT Kelv brought up here revolves around the Specialty Dealer nearly always recycling itself when it could instead spice the rotation up by also incorporating former prizes from Rivals, Forzathon and Leagues.

Also, more than half the time spent complaining adds up quickly when elaborating things to people who like to challenge your opinion. It happens a lot around these parts, which is totally fine, but don't let this fact blur the time spent on actual complaints.

Last edited:
The difference between visiting here on a regular bsasis and following Turn 10's communication is negligible.

There's actually quite a bit of difference. I visit this site pretty much daily just for the other sections. Even if I wasn't posting it's not exactly hard to stop a 1 site a day just to see if anything of import is going on. It's not like you have to constantly check their social media accounts.

What did they do the same in FM6? All base game cars were collectable offline in FM6.

They may not have been base cars, but they still required you to participate in events.

I do have to wonder something though. Would you still be complaining if they went the GT Sport route and just didn't include them at launch but added them later, but you could only get them via random events like FM7?

It depends on how you look at. By now I have obviously realized that it's best to stay on top of the news and then pray that the unstable gifting process associated with bounty hunting etc. works as intended.

Again, how are you just realizing this now? T10 has been doing this kind of stupid stuff for some time.

However, the complaint @GT Kelv brought up here revolves around the Specialty Dealer nearly always recycling itself when it could instead spice the rotation up by also incorporating former prizes from Rivals, Forzathon and Leagues.

And I agree with him. You're the one that brought up your usual crap though.

There's actually quite a bit of difference. I visit this site pretty much daily just for the other sections. Even if I wasn't posting it's not exactly hard to stop a 1 site a day just to see if anything of import is going on. It's not like you have to constantly check their social media accounts.

I didn't say it's hard. I said my car collection is screwed because of realizing too late.

They may not have been base cars, but they still required you to participate in events.

That makes all the difference.

I do have to wonder something though. Would you still be complaining if they went the GT Sport route and just didn't include them at launch but added them later, but you could only get them via random events like FM7?

First I'd probably wonder why they'd mimic PD's questionable priorities, but keep in mind that GTS is not a direct sequel to GT6. Then no, because GTS players knew what they got at the time of purchase. That's also why I didn't pick it up before it went on sale. The subsequent car additions have been welcome moves by GT whereas Forza charged for a bunch of cars you can only rent unless you're happy to wait several months for unlocks. Even that's not enough because next they will occasionally ask for Gold subscription, account linkages to the ForzaRC host, etc.

Again, how are you just realizing this now?

No. "By now" as in at this time of writing...

T10 has been doing this kind of stupid stuff for some time.

Too bad. Again, FM6 was my first Forza and their nonsense is unprecedented as far as my experience goes. Way better title and vision than FM7 when looking past some of the added content and less static weather scenarios.

You're the one that brought up your usual crap though.

You mean the harsh reality you don't like to read?

I didn't say it's hard. I said my car collection is screwed because of realizing too late.

That makes all the difference.

First I'd probably wonder why they'd mimic PD's questionable priorities, but keep in mind that GTS is not a direct sequel to GT6. Then no, because GTS players knew what they got at the time of purchase. That's also why I didn't pick it up before it went on sale. The subsequent car additions have been welcome moves by GT whereas Forza charged for a bunch of cars you can only rent unless you're happy to wait several months for unlocks. Even that's not enough because next they will occasionally ask for Gold subscription, account linkages to the ForzaRC host, etc.

No. "By now" as in at this time of writing...

Too bad. Again, FM6 was my first Forza and their nonsense is unprecedented as far as my experience goes. Way better title and vision than FM7 when looking past some of the added content and less static weather scenarios.

You mean the harsh reality you don't like to read?

I’m getting bored of this so I’ll just address the last part.

I’ve stated several times that I don’t like the way cars are locked. However at the same time I don’t see it as being much more than a major annoyance. It’s certainly not the giant issue you make it out to be.

the locked cars are still locked, very very few make it to the rivals, prize cars or whatever, its almost may 2018 and we still have so many locked cars it is becoming a laughing stock, so yes all in all turn 10 has screwed alot of faithful forza fans.

No no no, you don't understand. Simply heading to a site and clicking on a Twitter icon — not actually retweeting, despite the instructions — to earn two cars in-game is way less time-intensive than doing the same broken-record act for dozens of posts.

Up next: a rant about Toyota.

I have my issues with the unicorn situation in FM7. I too think it's overdone. But I understand the reasoning behind what T10 does with things like FRC: offering rare prizes for various community activation events makes sense to draw people to the FRC stream. It makes sense from a business perspective. The stream for the pre-season had a whole bunch of people watching. Were most of them there for the prizes? Probably. Do advertisers care why people are there? Nope.

I hope that there's more of a balance in the future. I'm fine with cars not being purchasable, but there needs to be a way to obtain them after the game isn't the New Hotness. If a player buys FM7 two years from now, in its current form, they'd miss out on dozens of cars. Make them rare prizes in series or something. I think there's a market for the old GT/FM career mode; we actually haven't had it in a generation or so, because both PD and T10 changed the original in a way that (IMO) made it more of a checklist. Or literally, in FM4's case. :lol:

That all said, it took me a matter of about a minute to grab the TT RS and F50 GT this week. That's one very expensive car that I didn't own, and one fairly common one I did. So I stuck the TT RS on the Auction House. I will end up with a million-plus car in my garage and credits off a duplicate's sale. For a minute's work. OH THE OUTRAGE.

The subsequent car additions have been welcome moves by GT whereas Forza charged for a bunch of cars you can only rent unless you're happy to wait several months for unlocks.

Huh? Every car pack that costs money puts cars in your garage for free in terms of in-game credits.

For reference, the cars added in GT are only available if you buy them, or happen to luck out in the daily marathon. Otherwise, you cannot drive them. The 330 P4 and XJ13 are "free", and yet a good chunk of players will never ever get to drive them. Unless they want to grind about 25 hours to buy 'em, of course.

Even that's not enough because next they will occasionally ask for Gold subscription, account linkages to the ForzaRC host, etc.

Honestly, if the latter is asking too much effort on your behalf, I wonder how you ever plan on buying all the cars in the game. It's a few clicks on a website. This is all making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

I hope that there's more of a balance in the future. I'm fine with cars not being purchasable, but there needs to be a way to obtain them after the game isn't the New Hotness. If a player buys FM7 two years from now, in its current form, they'd miss out on dozens of cars. Make them rare prizes in series or something. I think there's a market for the old GT/FM career mode; we actually haven't had it in a generation or so, because both PD and T10 changed the original in a way that (IMO) made it more of a checklist. Or literally, in FM4's case. :lol:

Agreed. During FM7's pre-release campaign I expressed concerns over the concept of collection tiers and cars unlocked through career progression. Right now I'd wish this was what we got across the board instead of having several cars tied into online competitions, which some players are bound to miss for various reasons. It sucks not knowing whether and how many times the chance to collect might arise again. There are cars I still haven't unlocked through career progression in FM7, but knowing they are always there to unlock is how it should be.

Huh? Every car pack that costs money puts cars in your garage for free in terms of in-game credits.

Perhaps I could have been clearer. That sentence was comparing GTS DLC to the base game content in FM7, which was the angle @Northstar asked me to consider.

Honestly, if the latter is asking too much effort on your behalf, I wonder how you ever plan on buying all the cars in the game. It's a few clicks on a website. This is all making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Call me stubborn but it's a matter of principle. Besides, those ForzaRC quests aren't fun whereas beating Forzathon challenges or whatever in-game for the most part is. I've seen other players over on the official Forums expressing similar opinions despite wanting the cars at stake in the quests.

Probably 3 times over, as well.

If only some of the locked cars had been offered three times already. The Nissan Titan proves that only the sky is the limit for how many times a car can unlock, but here we are with some cars only having been offered once.

Last edited:
If only some of the locked cars had been offered three times already. The Nissan Titan proves that only the sky is the limit for how many times a car can unlock, but here we are with some cars only having been offered once
Yeah, it was just a joke, not a literal statement. However the meaning behind it would be that with the amount of time you spent posing on the subject for months, you’d likely had been able to amass a large amount of vehicles had the same amount of time and effort was put into actually just putting forth the minimal effort these tasks have asked. These tasks ask too much of you apparently, taking too much time from you, or whatever reason you have, yet you can post on an Internet forum about it almost every single day? if you’d put the same amount of time into them than you do with your posts, I’m sure It would be a rather mundane task, yet relatively easy. Just like posting here.

Is it an ideal situation? No. but the effort asked isn’t much, really.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was just a joke, not a literal statement. However the meaning behind it would be that with the amount of time you spent posing on the subject for months, you’d likely had been able to amass a large amount of vehicles had the same amount of time and effort was put into actually just putting forth the minimal effort these tasks have asked.

I got the joke but my point derived from it was still worth pointing out.

These tasks ask too much of you apparently, taking too much time from you, or whatever reason you have, yet you can post on an Internet forum about it almost every single day?

Some of them do ask too much, yes. Like I said, these days I do keep up with the news and catch those challenges I can comply with, but there were a few months where the Bounty Hunter events didn't catch my attention. Mostly because I didn't imagine that base game cars would be at stake while I was taking a break awaiting patches.

I got the joke but my point derived from it was still worth pointing out.

Some of them do ask too much, yes. Like I said, these days I do keep up with the news and catch those challenges I can comply with, but there were a few months where the Bounty Hunter events didn't catch my attention. Mostly because I didn't imagine that base game cars would be at stake while I was taking a break awaiting patches.
If this is a hard one for you, I’d imagine you’d have a heart attack if you knew the effort required to get cars like this during FM4. Not justifying the current method, but it is at least changing, albeit a bit slowly.

They definitely could, but apparently they'll rather leave people disappointed so those desperate enough for an Audi TT RS or Ferrari 599 GTO (former Rivals rewards) can be lured into doing pointless and short-lived ForzaRC quests, which have absolutely nothing to do with the reason why the vast majority of players purchased FM7. Nasty surprises no one could predict when buying the game. So clever in the short-term, yet so retarded in the long-term.

You know I did the rivals event and never received my 599 GTO. So how can I acquire another one?, especially since a lot of the cars won from events can’t be resold. Why? I have no idea.

You know I did the rivals event and never received my 599 GTO.

The gifting system has had occasional flaws for as long as I can remember, and right now people are reporting they still haven't received their March bounty prizes, including myself. Let's hope that resolves, but I'm not sure why Turn 10 allowed themselves to rely on gifting for the distribution of base game content. Overcomplicated and unnecessarily limiting.

So how can I acquire another one?, especially since a lot of the cars won from events can’t be resold. Why? I have no idea..

Why? Good question and the possible answers I have seen so far make no sense. One can wonder why they bothered to bring back the Auction House. What's the point when the rarest of rarities don't qualify for auctioning? Apparently because people needed a placed to ditch their Nissan Titan trucks five times over. :indiff:

So I stuck the TT RS on the Auction House.

I also wonder how you managed to get your spare Audi TT RS up for auction? Numerous times it has been reported that bounty prize cars cannot be sold on the Auction House. I'm aware you got yours from the completing the ForzaRC quest, but shouldn't it be subject to the same limitations in the game code?

Last edited:
The gifting system has had occasional flaws for as long as I can remember, and right now people are reporting they still haven't received their March bounty prizes, including myself. Let's hope that resolves, but I'm not sure why Turn 10 allowed themselves to rely on gifting for the distribution of base game content. Overcomplicated and unnecessarily limiting.

I did not know that some people were experiencing the same problem. It’s a shame.

Why? Good question and the possible answers I have seen so far make no sense. One can wonder why they bothered to bring back the Auction House. What's the point when the rarest of rarities don't qualify for auctioning? Apparently because people needed a placed to ditch their Nissan Titan trucks five times over. :indiff:

They should just lift the auction house limits altogether.

I also wonder how you managed to get your spare Audi TT RS up for auction? Numerous times it has been reported that bounty prize cars cannot be sold on the Auction House. I'm aware you got yours from the completing the ForzaRC quest, but shouldn't it be subject to the same limitations in the game code?

I think I know why they were able to auction their TT RS. It’s because the system in FM7 and the game seem broken. So much needs to be revamped and fixed with this game because so much doesn’t seem to make sense.

Back