Forza Motorsport 7 Will Feature an Overhauled Career Mode

Qualifying doesn't fit in with the type of racing that Forza does, people seem to want a clone of PCars for the career mode... that's not what Forza is and that's alright as we want these games to be different. I agree that the dash from last is a poor way to do it but they are adding options to lengthen the race as much as you want.

The problem with starting in last in Forza isn't that you're starting in last, it's that you usually only have 2-3 laps to get a podium, if this makes you mad then when you start your career in Forza 7 you should lengthen the races to about 30 minutes or so which give you plenty of time to have a fun race without having to push your way to the front.

If all you guys want is a bunch of PCars clones, I couldn't disagree more; I want games that are unique enough to jump back and forth; like jumping between Horizon and Motorsport.

the challenge I find in forza motorsport, and now to a lesser extend in horizon, is to pick a single car that grab my interest out of hundreds,
and transform it into a mean racing machine, able to compete well with the best of a class I select in a wealth of tracks.

and on this game-challenge, forza games are really unmatched across the board

I guess we'll have to wait and see which circuits will feature dynamic weather (or won't): Dubai or Abu Dhabi not having rain does make sense, Monza being put in the Land of the Eternal Scorching Sun significantly less so.
Agreed. That's why I hope they decided to go back and "upgrade" a few old tracks (like Monza or Hockenheim) to feature puddles.

Of course I agree that qualifying and practice would certainly be ideal.
Me too.
And they could make it entirely optional for those who want to jump straight into a race.

the challenge I find in forza motorsport, and now to a lesser extend in horizon, is to pick a single car that grab my interest out of hundreds,
and transform it into a mean racing machine, able to compete well with the best of a class I select in a wealth of tracks.

and on this game-challenge, forza games are really unmatched across the board
I work in the same manner. I try to pick cars that generally wouldn't be used much, or are usually slow,and build them up. I've gotten tuning down for my driving style, so it really helps out in the long run. One of my current favorites right now in FM6 is an RWD Acura Integra in A-class. Not a leaderboard time setter but it worked just fine in the hoppers.

Qualifying doesn't fit in with the type of racing that Forza does, people seem to want a clone of PCars for the career mode...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just want options to play the game as close to how I want to as possible.

What I would like to do is try re-creating a GT style career mode as closely as possible with a few changes (this seems sadly to not be possible). For the most part qualifying wouldn't add anything to the races using production cars and I would rather have a random grid. However once I get to races where the field is all race cars I would like qualifying.

It's not copying any game, it's called implementing something used in every racing series around the world.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just want options to play the game as close to how I want to as possible.

What I would like to do is try re-creating a GT style career mode as closely as possible with a few changes (this seems sadly to not be possible). For the most part qualifying wouldn't add anything to the races using production cars and I would rather have a random grid. However once I get to races where the field is all race cars I would like qualifying.

It's not copying any game, it's called implementing something used in every racing series around the world.
Forza usually doesn't even allow you to limit opponent cars to just a specific real life series, you get a mix. Surely that's also very important to your desire to recreate?

Again, with games like pCARS 2 offering simulated career (you racing for a team in a season of race weekends, then moving on to other series in future seasons) with real life equivalent opponent vehicles, why not just accept that your specific gameplay need is better covered elsewhere?

Besides, Forza has always been weakest with race cars. Mechanical and aero grip have never felt right to me once you get beyond the road cars. I really don't know why anyone would actually want to use Forza for race cars in the first place. It's much more logical to stick to the tuned road cars which are the core of the game :)

Forza usually doesn't even allow you to limit opponent cars to just a specific real life series, you get a mix. Surely that's also very important to your desire to recreate?

And if they brought Blueprint over it would be possible, but it seems they are not, hence the "this sadly seems to not be possible" part of my previous post.

why not just accept that your specific gameplay need is better covered elsewhere?

Because no game is perfect so even though a game like PC2 may accomplish some things I want they don't allow me to do things like create my own team even if it is nothing more than a livery in FM7. Plus Forza 7 will have certain classes and eras not found in PC2 and vise versa.

Back