Forza Motorsport Could Launch on Xbox One Consoles Too

• Thread starter Famine
  • 59 comments
As i read, there was a xbox post for the upcomming event, regarding forza motorsport trailer car. So i think we definitly get news next month.

Forgive me if I am wrong but, does it even need to? Now that the XB1 can cloud stream XSX games and with the power of game pass in Microsofts arsenal, players on last gen could just cloud stream it direct from their XB1. I mean, I play to do it this way maybe in the future so I can play primarily on PC then switch living room and stream it that way. Unlike GT7 I think MS have a unique opportunity to NOT support last gen whilst still allowing players on XB1 to play it, albeit via cloud, for free, via game pass.

Forgive me if I am wrong but, does it even need to? Now that the XB1 can cloud stream XSX games and with the power of game pass in Microsofts arsenal, players on last gen could just cloud stream it direct from their XB1. I mean, I play to do it this way maybe in the future so I can play primarily on PC then switch living room and stream it that way. Unlike GT7 I think MS have a unique opportunity to NOT support last gen whilst still allowing players on XB1 to play it, albeit via cloud, for free, via game pass.
And don't forget that you can actually buy an XBOX Series S without any issue, unlike XBOX Series X and PS5.

If you want to play Forza Motorsport 8, it's simple, buy an XBOX Series S, which is the cheapest option and most likely the only XBOX available for sale at the moment. No reason to keep supporting last gen.

Last edited:
Imagine streaming a simcade 😂 yeah, that sounds like fun

I actully don’t think its bad thing if it turns out to be true, that means i can buy it without spending money on another console

This xbox one ver, from what I've read from people on reddit and resetera, this build was actually a test from last year's playtest back in 2021. If I remember correctly, it was for testing only multiplayer I believe. Many have said that just because it was tested on XB1, doesn't guarantee it will release on there (unless MS saids otherwise). It's still on the course for Series X/S and PC only.

I still want to believe they were allowing people on the last gen to test out the game's current state or a feature to get feedback on rather than insinuate the game might actually be cross-gen. But, that's just me.
That's what me and many on resetera believe as well. I read on resetera that it was only to test a feature of some sort, but not the game itself as it was parts of it, and this test was from last year. I really don't think it will release on XB1 just because this exist.

I hope it's just testing some online systems or something in the base X1 and not that they actually plan to release it there. I was counting on FM being the proper next-gen showcase for racing games.

Last edited:
I really don't think it will release on XB1 just because this exist.
For reference, I also don't, which is why the article is... more than a little equivocal about it.

I can think of several explanations for why "FM'8' gameplay shot on XB1" could exist without "FM'8' will be on XB1" being the inevitable conlusion - and I'm not entirely as convinced as the subreddit moderators that what we are seeing is what the post said.

However, a bunch of mainstream outlets are covering this now and we figured it would be worth covering in a slightly more reasonable manner, and explain what the rationale behind and consequences of a decision to have an XB1 version would be... if there indeed is one. Which is not a foregone conclusion.

Plus it gives us a chance to whip out "GT7 was PS5 exclusive right up until it wasn't" again.

For reference, I also don't, which is why the article is... more than a little equivocal about it.

I can think of several explanations for why "FM'8' gameplay shot on XB1" could exist without "FM'8' will be on XB1" being the inevitable conlusion - and I'm not entirely as convinced as the subreddit moderators that what we are seeing is what the post said.

However, a bunch of mainstream outlets are covering this now and we figured it would be worth covering in a slightly more reasonable manner, and explain what the rationale behind and consequences of a decision to have an XB1 version would be... if there indeed is one. Which is not a foregone conclusion.

Plus it gives us a chance to whip out "GT7 was PS5 exclusive right up until it wasn't" again.
No worries Fam. :) I'm not saying it's wrong to post such a article, though more so me saying this was a test put on XB1 to test out features. Cheers. 😉

Last edited:
On no, not GTPlanet perpetuating this rumor too.

This is why NDAs exist. People shouldn't be putting out information about pre-release software, over a year before release, which will heavily affect people's expectations, while likely having nothing to do with the final released game. It messes with people's expectations all because of a test.

At least this article doesn't claim it's confirmed, as many do, but it's still annoying. People won't stop talking about an Xbox One release and how disastrous it will be for the game now.

Turn 10 needs to wake up and set this straight. It's getting out of hand.

If T10 does end up dumping FM Next onto XB1 then its really gonna hold back its true potential. We should really be in the window for the "true next gen" of games to start appearing without continuing to obsess over catering to last gen too.

I still want to believe they were allowing people on the last gen to test out the game's current state or a feature to get feedback on rather than insinuate the game might actually be cross-gen. But, that's just me.
Trust no one Agent McLaren!

X Files GIF by The X-Files

If any version is running on 1x it had already been held back because the code can run on last gen hardware , unless turn ten starts from scratch to build a next gen build .. It's already not a next gen only game .. Of course you have to be stupid to think old gen versions of games hold racing games back . Game engines are scaleable , Unreal engine can run movies and games on phones. PC fanboys have perpetuated the " hold back" myth for too damn long. Also that screenshot is such a copy of GT auto LOL.

unless turn ten starts from scratch to build a next gen build
They basically are doing that. The reason the game has taken so long is that they're redoing much of the ForzaTech engine.
Game engines are scaleable
That doesn't mean they can get much improved physics to run on an old CPU, with 24+ (also greatly improved) AI cars running on those physics.
Also that screenshot is such a copy of GT auto LOL.
In what way? It's a pretty normal looking garage.
And if you mean it's a copy of GT7, the screenshot is from July 2021, and strongly resembles what we saw in the one FM trailer that was released even longer ago. Even FM7 had something fairly similar but much smaller with only one car in it.

Last edited:
Wow, they're making the same mistake as GT7!
Internal tests platform can be different to release platform. Happens often.
If any version is running on 1x it had already been held back because the code can run on last gen hardware , unless turn ten starts from scratch to build a next gen build .. It's already not a next gen only game ..
Devs can test and switch between different physics models during development. Example: Model A runs on Xbox One and Model B in the consumer product won't.

Last edited:
I can see that PS5 and Xbox Series X are both really hard to find one new in retails because of shortages plus a lot of people wanted to play Gran Turismo 7 & Forza Motorsport Reboot so both get ported to PS4 & Xbox One respectively.

Back