Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 17,848 comments
  • 2,813,808 views
So, focus on circuit racing, car list mostly race cars and (modern) asphalt cars. Looks like the off-road stuff is being left to Horizon.

Also confirmation of few fantasy tracks, although they might come back post release.

sounds good to me. Leave offroad cars for the dirt in Horizon.
 
Last edited:
Drifting and Drag modes will not be present at launch? Did I hear Chris right?
 
So, focus on circuit racing, car list mostly race cars and (modern) asphalt cars. Looks like the off-road stuff is being left to Horizon.

Also confirmation of few fantasy tracks, although they might come back post release.

sounds good to me. Leave offroad cars for the dirt in Horizon.
Or they should add them as either free or paid DLC, provided they create off-road tracks for them to race on in the future.
 
Drifting and Drag modes will not be present at launch? Did I hear Chris right?
That's what I heard as well. The Youtubers are going to be happy about that. /s
 
Or they should add them as either free or paid DLC, provided they create off-road tracks for them to race on in the future.
Why would they when you have hundreds of square kilometers of dirt tracks and countryside in Horizon?
 
Also disappointed about what he implied about the 360 fantasy tracks.
 
"We've done [machine learning]" is not quite the detail I was hoping for about the machine-learning AI.

Edit: "There's no tricks, cheats, or hacks" does not fit well with "we can update the AI to have more of certain behaviours"... :|
 
Last edited:
What a bizarre comparison... it mostly screams "grip differences"
 
FM7 looks like garbage compared to the new FM.
Shame the stream is only 1080p. They released a 4k version of the last one on youtube which will be interesting.
 
Yea Chris really loves to go deep into details. This is what i always wanted personally. But also kinda crazy to me since after so many FM games i never ever thought FM would go this far into physics simulation details. I love it.

For me this is truly build from the ground up.
 
Last edited:
Overheating tyre model being less spiky is exactly what I was hoping for!

edit: reduced throttle lift oversteer should greatly please those wanting less oversteer tendencies in FM2023. Sounds excellent.
 
Last edited:
Me with a g920
yesss-fight-face.gif
 
I was driving a Porsche GT3 RS in FM7 earlier and that is an example which REALLY suffers from mid corner lift off oversteer. Really looking forward to even that kind of RR cars becoming much more driveable in FM2023.
 
I've always knew there was something wrong with FM7's physics, cause for me, it felt so broken to the point I refused to build cars in that game. It's so good (and relieving) to know as well as see a demonstration between both games. Damn was FM7 rough. The difference is literally night and day. Awesome showing Chris!
 
Everything looks good, I'm just still concerned about how much they keep referencing pitting as something that happens in multiplayer, not singleplayer.
 
I am watching this right now. I am curious as to how AI makes mistakes without actually programming mistakes.
 
Everything looks good, I'm just still concerned about how much they keep referencing pitting as something that happens in multiplayer, not singleplayer.
Hopefully we can find more about this one someday. It seems unreasonable to leave pitting in just multiplayer and not in singleplayer also.
 
Last edited:
Back