Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
Im hoping we touch 40 tracks in about 3+ years from now. Problem is theres so many good ones they can add

That's a good problem to have, honestly.

I bought a Series X today so I'm ready to play. Some might call me a traitor but why should I restrict myself to a PlayStation?

Anyone who's still into console wars after 1999 or still ties their identity to a gaming console brand has no life and isn't an interesting person. Play what you wanna play. Besides, it stopped being fun after the Dreamcast died.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble watching these videos with their SDR and poor compression. Doesn't do the game justice.

There's one clip in higher quality on the Forza Motorsport tab in the main Xbox home screen menus, shows Hakone at night in the rain, doesn't look washed out :), and a lot of German menu screens, and another clip that doesn't really show much. Maybe people recording some gameplay and it uploading itself to Xbox network.

So after dogging this game for the past 3 months, I decided to not break tradition and I pre ordered the game. I re-installed FM7 so I could adjust to the weird FOV with triple screens, jumped into a full A class lobby and........got my a** handed to me! I used to podium most races when I played the game on a daily basis. Holy crap am I terrible now. I was lucky to place 12th in the dozen races I did, and that was with OP tunes that I had to download lol. I hope the FFB in FM23 is improved, because that would help me from having to adjust to what it is in FM7, coming from AC and ACC.

I'm having trouble watching these videos with their SDR and poor compression. Doesn't do the game justice.
I saw a few videos that looked really good. Just the lighting and reflection improvements alone, are proof that the game will look amazing. That seems to be the main focus with any AAA title nowadays.

Going into the game's Official club then Progress tab where it lists the achievements also seems to show over 50 screenshots, most of which I don't think I'd seen before. They'd need some photoshop to brighten them up as they are dimmed out. Need to click into them to see them slightly bigger.

Going into the game's Official club then Progress tab where it lists the achievements also seems to show over 50 screenshots, most of which I don't think I'd seen before. They'd need some photoshop to brighten them up as they are dimmed out. Need to click into them to see them slightly bigger.
is there a way to see these pics (and captures) on PC?

Last edited:
Ugh, no thanks. That does happen in real life, but it's just frustrating when you've worked hard in a long race to be taken out by what is basically pure RNG. A little RNG to shake things up can be good, but race ending events shouldn't be random in a game. That just removes any player agency and skill.

Maybe if you only got flats if you've gone way past the reasonable tyre life, or you're going off-track a lot. But even then I'm not sure it adds anything other than frustration and annoyance to the game.
Yeah, I could only see that mechanic being accepted if the game allowed you to at least limp back to the pits. But, the races in this game are mostly short so the race would be over anyway & the mechanic wouldn’t mean much.

F1 games are about the only ones I can see RNG failures occurring just bc it’s that way in real life (although even then, the cars are getting more and more reliable).

I bought a Series X today so I'm ready to play. Some might call me a traitor but why should I restrict myself to a PlayStation?
It's always better to venture through different consoles than restrict yourself to just one of them. But in all honesty. If there is a game or franchise that makes you unhappy based on the attitude of its developer, why cope with it? In high regard, I hope Forza offers what you've long since been looking for in GT, which is just to enjoy a video game that consists of fun factor. GT, as a franchise, seem to have forgotten the "video game" and "fun" aspect that has left many in its community in a state of disappointment. Let along ignored for years.

I'm not saying you should hate it, or anything like that. I'm simply saying what I've felt before moving on back in 2015. You could still love a franchise even if you don't play its games anymore. And if somebody does call you a "traitor" or start talikng bad about you for not liking its current games that constantly leaves people disappointed, as @syphe mentioned, they're not worth speaking to after that.

Last edited:
I'm way too nooby to attempt running the Nordschleife with damage enabled but was wondering about the repair arrangements while racing on the circuit and it looks like they've recently moved the pit location to a less restrictive area. Hope this is reflected in the game track when it's released.
When it was updated?

Last edited:
mentions a change last month but apparently it only affects tourists
There has a course called Tourist Course that uses the Nord layout without the GP
it usually is featured but consireding it was changed only last month, i dont think it will be in Forza

This next week will be my goodbye to Horizon 5,I've never played them side by side before,I shall start by spending my 80m in the auction house.

There has a course called Tourist Course that uses the Nord layout without the GP
it usually is featured but consireding it was changed only last month, i dont think it will be in Forza
All I wanted to know was where people pit in when they just run the Nordschleife without the GP course in the game. Since it's being delayed for release I'd have thought they'd want it to be as up to date as possible.

This next week will be my goodbye to Horizon 5,I've never played them side by side before,I shall start by spending my 80m in the auction house.
This is me and Horizon right now.

20 minutes a week in FH5 to pick up any FOMO cars isn't going to break me even if FM turns out to be the most compelling game in history.

Last edited:
Surprising. I am the total opposite, I still play FH4 and FH5 each week, even while also playing FM7, GRiD Legends, ACC, DiRT Rally 2.0 and non car games.

I will definitely continue playing FH4 and FH5 every week once FM2023 has arrived, although my time for non-Forza games will probably go down heavily :D

Surprising. I am the total opposite, I still play FH4 and FH5 each week, even while also playing FM7, GRiD Legends, ACC, DiRT Rally 2.0 and non car games.

I will definitely continue playing FH4 and FH5 every week once FM2023 has arrived, although my time for non-Forza games will probably go down heavily :D
Oh,I play alot of non car and even other car games(Fifa 23,NHL 22 even GT7 on occasion,currently Mortal Kombat 1),but when the next door opens,I have traditionally closed the previous one.

Last edited:
is there a way to see these pics (and captures) on PC?
Game Pass app on PC seems to have them padlocked for me, but fine on the console, maybe since I pre-installed it there?

Xbox App PC.png

Less talk and more link. I want to see that too.
These are the ones I can't see on any screenshot galleries about the game, some might have appeared in the thread already as suggested but I never spotted those. Really low quality sorry, I don't have any fancy Xbox capture options, and the take screenshot button on the pad didn't happen without being in a game. These are from screengrabs of remote playing the console on PC, so a blurry 1080p, then the image was only around half of the screen, so maybe 540p but enough to get the jist of it. Colours might not be perfect, just used auto-adjust in good old IrfanView to get round the dimming.

They therefore look much better on the console using 4k even with them dimmed, so definitely worth checking out there

Competitor.png

Pride and Joy.png

Getting Familiar.png

Express Yourself.png

Racecraft.png

Make it Yours.png

Legendary Builder.png

Just Getting Started.png

Journeyman Builder.png

Built Not Bought.png

Body Builder.png

In the Big Leagues.png

Influencer.png

Pro Builder.png

Tinkerer.png

Well Rounded.png

Technique.png

Self-Improvement.png

Garage Royalty.png

Strategist.png

Game Pass app on PC seems to have them padlocked for me, but fine on the console, maybe since I pre-installed it there?

View attachment 1291191

These are the ones I can't see on any screenshot galleries about the game, some might have appeared in the thread already as suggested but I never spotted those. Really low quality sorry, I don't have any fancy Xbox capture options, and the take screenshot button on the pad didn't happen without being in a game. These are from screengrabs of remote playing the console on PC, so a blurry 1080p, then the image was only around half of the screen, so maybe 540p but enough to get the jist of it. Colours might not be perfect, just used auto-adjust in good old IrfanView to get round the dimming.

They therefore look much better on the console using 4k even with them dimmed, so definitely worth checking out there

View attachment 1291193

View attachment 1291195

View attachment 1291197

View attachment 1291201

View attachment 1291203

View attachment 1291205

View attachment 1291206

View attachment 1291207

View attachment 1291208

View attachment 1291209

View attachment 1291210

View attachment 1291211

View attachment 1291212

View attachment 1291213

View attachment 1291214

View attachment 1291215

View attachment 1291216

View attachment 1291217

View attachment 1291218

View attachment 1291220
These are achievement pics.

You can find all of them here:

I have seen so many people argumenting the new upgrade system is bad because of the leagues that have to work more to test multiple cars. Are there really so many players that play in private leagues? I heard claims of 20%+, but that can’t be right. TORA has only 10k members and I don’t think there are 200 groups of its size…

I have seen so many people argumenting the new upgrade system is bad because of the leagues that have to work more to test multiple cars. Are there really so many players that play in private leagues? I heard claims of 20%+, but that can’t be right. TORA has only 10k members and I don’t think there are 200 groups of its size…

People in general vastly over estimated how popular the niche thing they’re into is, probably less than 1% of fm players will be participating in league

BOK
People in general vastly over estimated how popular the niche thing they’re into is, probably less than 1% of fm players will be participating in league
It’s absolutely less than 1%

Let’s hypothetically say that the game is as popular as Forza Horizon 5

That game has 33 million players.

1% of 33 million is 330,000.

If the competitive Forza community were that large it would be by far the biggest scene in sim racing esports, and have more players than all of the competitive leagues in other titles combined.

As somebody that hosts weekly race nights, I agree that the XP system makes fully custom organised racing a hassle to set up and develop, but it is a minority for the corest of core communities.

The vast majority of organised racing communities, including little ones like mine, will likely be happy with the preset Spec Racing categories (especially given Turn 10’s promise to balance them with patches) and groups that the game ends up having, or will run open class with minimal performance balancing other than banning a few outlier meta cars through an honour system.

That’s not to say that designing features for your most engaged players is a waste of time (your core players are important spokespeople for your community), but for large design decisions like progression that affect the entire player base, it’s better to design for the masses than to design for the core. The core will spend the time to work around them anyway, even if they may grumble about it while doing so.

Last edited:
When it was updated?
Me too but likely they had finshed the scan by now and they are focusing in the models of the track
The track wasn't updated at all for the pit, the T13 pitlane has been used for the Nordschleife pit lane for years and years and years, in every game that allows you to race around the Nordschleife without the GP circuit, including in previous Forzas.

The only change is that now you are allowed park there during real life TF sessions... Which, since Forza doesn't have TF sessions and likely won't have a TF variant of the Nordschleife like AC does, means this change won't need to have anything changed in-game. It will work just like it always has.

It's definitely not 20% of the entire playerbase, not sure where or how someone arrived at that number.

Maybe if you counted just players still playing late in the game's life then it would be much higher percentage, as the organized community tends to run the game until the next game comes out, so all the single player guys and casuals have long abandoned the game at that point. It also would be different if you were counting the active playerbase, people who play the game on a weekly basis vs people who play the game every once in a while.

Using total player base statistics is hardly fair though, particularly in the GamePass era, and you could use that against almost any feature in the title. Using statistics from FM7 achievements, less than 2% of players have shared a tune or a paint, so are those features they shouldn't waste their time on? What about having all those cars in the game, only about 0.8% of players own over 500 cars and only 2% own 300 cars, hell only 13% even make it to 100 cars, so surely they should trim down to a more reasonable number? Around 1% of players do all the events in any of the single player sub-championships, so should they not bother having a bunch of single player content since no one does it all anyways? Less than 5% of players have even done the bare minimum to "beat" the final career mode championship for the final FE car.

As mentioned above, the number of players with wheels is also very low, but I don't see people suggesting that they don't care about wheel support.

The number of people using a forum like this to discuss the game also represent a very very small percentage of the community, so if you have seen "so many people" talking about it, then I don't see why it makes any more sense to dismiss it than anything else people complain about in these communities since overall we are collectively nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Bro dont worry man.

I started from Nintendo as a Kid then went on Playstation with 1 and 2 then I went to Xbox 360 back to Playstation with the 4 and 5.

We are all gamers regardless of what platform. Enjoy and have fun. We all have memories we played along with family and friends.

Back