Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,645 comments
Lets just hope T10 rights their wrongs and go into the new year on better note. At this point theres no excuse for them not to since the game is now on month 2 with tons upon tons of feedback from us thr players and critics. May 2024 be the turnaround for this game and it starts with todays Forza monthly, I pray theres so juicy fixes, roadmaps and details from them and more great content coming.

What else is a problem with the come-and-go mechanics of time-limited cars and event tours is that I'm part of a Forza-related Facebook group somewhere and they literally have the gall to defend this and say things like "jUsT pLaY tHe gAmE" and all their nonsense.

Like, do you not hear the community's calls for a change in policies for a better game?
To be fair, most of the posts that get responded to like that have to do with people asking how to make money or how to earn Car XP and the most obvious answer is to race and play the game. There is no way around that, honestly. I'm a part of a few groups as well and see things like that a lot.

Also,

The FB groups that aren't official don't have any staff in them, so calling for change there really doesn't do any good. I'm sure they hear the calls when they are put in the right place.

Last edited:
1701709341655.png

1701709389886.png

Hockenheim is back

Last edited:
Wow, you could just see and feel the despair and disappointment in the tone and presentation of the Motorsport segment.
They're just going through the motions already. They don't care. Canned questions and canned answers although they try to hide it.

More hypercar stuff. Ironically any of these fast cars in FM are the worst driving and worst feeling in the game. So lifeless and numb. Not sure why they are going through trying to push these fast cars other then trying to create some wow effect.
I guess we can wait and see how the fixes and optimizations go. Although there were things on their last list that they said they fixed and they weren't fixed. It's become a believe it when you see it list.

Not the most fond of Hocks but that's OK, we can take all the tracks we can get.
The 675LT is in Real Racing 3 if that counts but more importantly, it's in Assetto Corsa, of course. 😄

Wow, you could just see and feel the despair and disappointment in the tone and presentation of the Motorsport segment.
They're just going through the motions already. They don't care. Canned questions and canned answers although they try to hide it.

Mock them all you want for their nervousness, but to suggest they don't care is disingenuous. These guys goto work every day trying to work through what is likely a very large list of bugs, and trying to front a monthly showcase where there are a lot of angry fans ready to rip them a new one.

Here's the blog post FYI: https://forza.net/news/forza-motorsport-update-3

Last edited:
Mock them all you want for their nervousness, but to suggest they don't care is disingenuous. These guys goto work every day trying to work through what is likely a very large list of bugs, and trying to front a monthly showcase where there are a lot of angry fans ready to rip them a new one.

Here's the blog post FYI: https://forza.net/news/forza-motorsport-update-3
I payed for this mess. I'll mock or more importantly call out whatever I want. The game is horrible. Until they fix that, they deserve every piece of criticism they get. And then some. This is the most disgusting and embarrassing release of a racing game I've ever seen. And I've been around for a while. The only thing going for Forza Motorsport right now is it is based on a somewhat decent platform for physics and has a nice diverse category of car classes.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take them to get FM7 into a working game that was finally feasible to be called completed? Especially on PC. I genuinely don't know. Because I know it isn't the norm to release something as half assed as this. And if you need any other fun reading material, the actual Forza Forums are real neat. There's a neat topic over there called "Where's Chris Esaki" that is sure to generate interest.

Last edited:
modern Cadillac P2(?) prototype, and the Porsche 962 prototype iirc.
Think that's the red '21 Whelen DPi.V-R and the John Fitzpatrick Racing Porsche 956, both of which were revealed earlier this year. I didn't want to find out about this.

Last edited:
“Lazy developers” don’t last long in this industry, there’s simply too much work to be done for those people to stick around past their annual reviews or any studio layoffs.

Most flaws in a game are either down to a lack or resource (usually time), direction or the classic “bit off more than they could chew” and getting in too deep to rip everything out and start over.

Microsoft themselves culled about 16,000 staff this year across the entire company. We don’t know if Turn 10 were affected but the chances are non-zero.

Last edited:
I payed for this mess. I'll mock or more importantly call out whatever I want. The game is horrible. Until they fix that, they deserve every piece of criticism they get. And then some. This is the most disgusting and embarrassing release of a racing game I've ever seen. And I've been around for a while. The only thing going for Forza Motorsport right now is it is based on a somewhat decent platform for physics and has a nice diverse category of car classes.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take them to get FM7 into a working game that was finally feasible to be called completed? Especially on PC. I genuinely don't know. Because I know it isn't the norm to release something as half assed as this. And if you need any other fun reading material, the actual Forza Forums are real neat. There's a neat topic over there called "Where's Chris Esaki" that is sure to generate interest.
That's incredibly harsh. Your opinion is your opinion, but I wouldn't call the game horrible or the most disgusting and embarrassing release of a racing game. It has its bad parts, I agree, but the entire game isn't horrible and it is a big improvement over previous titles. FM5 launch was worse than this, iirc, I don't know for sure because I didn't have an XBone at the time of release.
The actual Forza Forums are garbage and have been ever since they let the trolls and any anti-Forza people take over everything, it's one of the most toxic forums I have ever seen.

What part of the game is bad enough for you to call the whole thing horrible? And don't just say the whole thing because that is just a cop out. If you genuinely feel that way you should have logical reasons and not just because 'I said so' or ' it just is.'

Last edited:
And if you need any other fun reading material, the actual Forza Forums are real neat. There's a neat topic over there called "Where's Chris Esaki" that is sure to generate interest.
The forum’s gotten worse over the past month, I can feel it. A massive echo chamber of negativity and lack of knowledge regarding how game development works, along with open hostility towards any who dare express opinions about things they like about the game.

It’s a sad state of affairs that Forza Motorsport has launched with so many issues. I hope they can turn the ship around but it won’t be swift, hame’s too big for quick fixes to drag a 40% Steam score to an 80.

Last edited:
Right. I shouldn't post anything here while in a state of disappointment. On PC, we have things that are leagues better than Forza Motorsport in it's stages right now or most likely ever so it's hard to find where they justified releasing something in this state.
Hey, if it's good for you then whatever. I guess I just don't have to turn it on at all. Maybe it will be something to return to in 2 years or so. Missing out on all that FOMO they're trying to create.

I know many might not be enthused about Hockenheim and perhaps other tracks we've all raced previously, but this time around we will get to race at night. Other tracks didn't have night or rain, so I am kinda stoked for those variations and as someone who notices trackside details, I do appreciate that they pretty much made every track lively. So the little blimp balloons, fireworks, night lights, etc. are all nice touches.

Back