Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,699 comments
The Cadillac I miss most is the '04 CTS-V. I personally had a soft spot for older Cadillacs. Not another LMP but another unloved road car to drive about.
Yeah it would be good to get it back, it was fun to race against the E39 M5.

I would like the LMP02 back though, but my personal favorite was the old Speed World Challenge CTS-V race car. One of the nicest driving cars where everything was pretty perfectly balanced in regards to power/handling/stability.

Yeah it would be good to get it back, it was fun to race against the E39 M5.

I would like the LMP02 back though, but my personal favorite was the old Speed World Challenge CTS-V race car. One of the nicest driving cars where everything was pretty perfectly balanced in regards to power/handling/stability.
Since we already have both recent cadillac prototypes along with the ATS.V.R gt3 car, it would be cool if eventually we get cadillacs whole racing lineup in this game. We get back the CTS-V race car and the Northstar LMP from the FM4 era and then get that rare but special 1950 cadillac series 61 Le Monstre...one can only dream of having this great lineage in one game like FM.

Last edited:
"As a reminder, community voting is one element considered when a track location receives the green light for Forza Motorsport, and like cars, there are several steps required before it can be considered final and introduced to the game. Track development milestones include licensing approval, laser scanning and photogrammetry, environment art and 3D asset creation, as well as the integration of track limits, AI driving lines and other gameplay features."

Maybe they need to reduce the '15 lines' (touted before release) to just 3, as the AI can't even stay on the track. And I wonder if this is one reason why we don't get career races with some of the other car divisions, as the AI simply can't cope, at least in my experience in free play races.

Last edited:
It's gonna be Sebring most likely, though.

"As a reminder, community voting is one element considered when a track location receives the green light for Forza Motorsport, and like cars, there are several steps required before it can be considered final and introduced to the game. Track development milestones include licensing approval, laser scanning and photogrammetry, environment art and 3D asset creation, as well as the integration of track limits, AI driving lines and other gameplay features."

Maybe they need to reduce the '15 lines' (touted before release) to just 3, as the AI can't even stay on the track. And I wonder if this is one reason why we don't get career races with some of the other car divisions, as the AI simply can't cope, at least in my experience in free play races.
Something weird happened to the AI with this last update and I just dont get it but hopefully T10 will fix it more in depth. Sometimes they are worse then before the update and sometimes they are much better. Depends mostly on car/division and track combo but its weird. Sometimes my races are close fun and other times im lapping the AI which most end up strangely in the grass, within 2-3 laps

Last edited:
Something weird happened to the AI with this last update and I just dont get it but hopefully T10 will fix it more in depth. Sometimes they are worse then before the update and sometimes they are much better. Depends mostly on car/division and track combo but its weird. Sometimes my races are close fun and other times im lapping the AI which most end up strangely in the grass, within 2-3 laps
Yeah, when I've experimented with limiting the PI in the options to stock for one make races, I've had a Viper in 12th place holding it's own for a couple of laps at Lime Rock (A couple where still going off at the same corner) but doing this seemed to help races. Weirdly most of the field run below the PI limit doing this.

But last night I spent time tuning the old Mercedes GP car and when I finally had it, I breezed to 1st or 2nd as the AI were just going off all over the place.

Last edited:

Odd, I've only had good experiences since the update, most of my races now have next to no contact, and I'm finding myself slowly clawing my way through to the podium, still have some problems with brake-checking, but it's far better for me. With that said, I think I've only been in road cars since the update.

I've also got used to the new AI. Overall it's an improvement, I just don't like the way that the leaders zoom away on lap 1 and then throttle back to a more relaxed pace on lap 2 and later. I find myself pushing hard on lap 1 to catch up with the leaders, then it's as if I suddenly gain 10mph in the straights and zoom right up to them from lap 2 onwards.

1711118374998.png

So umm... why did this happen?

I have pole for the race too

*had

i just got disconnected before the race (tbf that is due to my horrendous wifi)

Last edited:
Hopefully the fact these are both being called out means they really are being prioritised, these 2 things will greatly benefit my enjoyment of the game at least, and hopefully the latter making a difference to driving standards
I got super excited while reading about the FOV yesterday, but it does not mention FOV for ultra wide or triple screens. It only mentions seat position. I have a feeling they will do what GT7 does and give you a tiny slider for minimal result. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

I got super excited while reading about the FOV yesterday, but it does not mention FOV for ultra wide or triple screens. It only mentions seat position. I have a feeling they will do what GT7 does and give you a tiny slider for minimal result. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
Have you tried the fov slider? I'm running an ultrawide and only had to bump up fov by a couple of degrees, if you go 65degrees it's full on fishbowl mode. Just make sure you actually enable the setting

Have you tried the fov slider? I'm running an ultrawide and only had to bump up fov by a couple of degrees, if you go 65degrees it's full on fishbowl mode. Just make sure you actually enable the setting
Yeah I use the slider. It’s still not correct for people running triple screens. The side monitors get stretched and distorted. Proper triple screen support wouldn’t force me to run nvidia surround. It would recognize each screen on its own and have its own adjustment.

So umm... why did this happen?

I have pole for the race too

*had

i just got disconnected before the race (tbf that is due to my horrendous wifi)
It has been doing this since launch, but it has become less common lately. I used to see times that were 20-30 secs faster in 8 out of 10 lobbies, but nowadays it's every 3 out of 10 or so. I haven't noticed any pattern to when it happens, and it has only happened to my time like twice though.

Was your correct time good enough for pole? From my experience, it seems to just be a display issue in the qualifying results screen/mini leaderboard, as I've seen people with a pole time 30 secs faster than everyone, then the grid loads and they are back in 12th or something.

It has been doing this since launch, but it has become less common lately. I used to see times that were 20-30 secs faster in 8 out of 10 lobbies, but nowadays it's every 3 out of 10 or so. I haven't noticed any pattern to when it happens, and it has only happened to my time like twice though.

Was your correct time good enough for pole? From my experience, it seems to just be a display issue in the qualifying results screen/mini leaderboard, as I've seen people with a pole time 30 secs faster than everyone, then the grid loads and they are back in 12th or something.
The correct time was around 1:18 dead. So it might have been enough for pole.

I do. I like COTA. And I like Dubai in Assetto Corsa. It's great when you have cars with good physics. I think all the Forza original tracks that are in AC are fun. When the physics are good and the FFB is immersive, the track comes to life as well.
I'd like to see more original to Forza tracks come back.

Last edited:
I like COTA in ACC, but didn't enjoy it in FM7 because of too many fast sweeping turns which FM7's physics was crap at.

If it comes to FM2023 it should be much more playable than it was in FM7 though, due to the physics improvements, so it'll be fun.

Last edited:
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

Game development is an ongoing process, and as such, things may appear in our game files that are not confirmed. As a rule of thumb, you should not consider anything confirmed as coming to the game until we’ve shared the news on our official channels.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

Game development is an ongoing process, and as such, things may appear in our game files that are not confirmed. As a rule of thumb, you should not consider anything confirmed as coming to the game until we’ve shared the news on our official channels.
But what fun would it be without random speculation?

Back