Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,701 comments
The engine team is small, 10-20 people max, if FM8 fails the main team will be disbanded and the engine team folded into Playground Games, the car list is not built in-house but by multiple outsourcing studios, T10 is not needed for this task at all.
The simracing market is way oversaturated with quality games compared to the arcade racer market where Horizon can dominate because the competition is slim. FM8 needs something special to stand out and Turn10 hasn't shown this something yet. I'm sure a lot of people will try it out on gamepass but how many will stick around?
It failing remains based on nothing but bollocks. Good to see you’ve switched it up from poor sales to “how many will stick around tho?”.

This new leak seems to be dated for 9th February 2023 (bottom line of numbers).

View attachment 1248619

The old leaks had no visible numbers but has the same "Pre - Release Software" watermark. Instead of Tryyton (potentially the name of a twitch streamer) it had "p". Not sure whether that was censored (because the images were very low quality)

View attachment 1248627
View attachment 1248628

The new one seems to have much more detail in the surroundings but appears to have missing shadows (except for the buildings and barriers). Obviously the paint on the rs3 lms seems to be the same as the null car. There seems to be another car in the pit lane but facing the opposite direction. And it says waiting for the host to launch, meaning it could be a small batch of people testing on a single servers (kind of like how nfs unbound and heat has pre Release events for youtubers), and that this could be like an open track day practice thing where all people load in before the actual race. This could be similar to how fh loads you into a lobby with all the racers in your race before actually loading the race itself. You can see in in the trial, eliminator and the horizon open events.
AFAIK it's just random numbers, the date appearing is a coincidence.

View attachment 1248619

The old leaks had no visible numbers but has the same "Pre - Release Software" watermark. Instead of Tryyton (potentially the name of a twitch streamer) it had "p". Not sure whether that was censored (because the images were very low quality)
Obviously don't take my word as gospel as every developer does things differently, but builds are typically denoted by version (which could very well include a "date of" syntax), but are hidden in full, or will have a small notation on the bottom corner of the screen, or are only visible in a pause screen.

"20230209" is suspect at best, coincidental at worst.

I'd also suspect "Tryyton" to be an internal codename for whatever software branch this is, but it could also be the name of an influencer or internal tester. Though, the more I think about that, that seems to be worth more time invested than what can be gained back. Unless they're being overly cautious for the sake of knowing exactly whom leaked what if it ever came to that, there's almost no reason to individually personalize a build of a pre-release game for x number of participants. Unless, of course, the pool size is very, very small. I mean like 5-15, maybe even 20 people 'small'.

Just my two cents.

Obviously don't take my word as gospel as every developer does things differently, but builds are typically denoted by version (which could very well include a "date of" syntax), but are hidden in full, or will have a small notation on the bottom corner of the screen, or are only visible in a pause screen.

I'd also suspect "Tryyton" to be an internal codename for whatever software branch this is, but it could also be the name of an influencer or internal tester. Though, the more I think about that, that seems to be worth more time invested than what can be gained back. Unless they're being overly cautious for the sake of knowing exactly whom leaked what if it ever came to that, there's almost no reason to individually personalize a build of a pre-release game for x number of participants. Unless, of course, the pool size is very, very small. I mean like 5-15, maybe even 20 people 'small'.

Just my two cents.
Definitely not worth looking at too much tbh. Theres no considerable info in the image itself. A car and a track both of which are already confirmed/have been in previous games.
It's just that i'm kinda bored waiting for T10 to spill the beans and i don't mind speculating on these leaks.

Just my two cents.
I think it's likely to be an actual date. Probably not a version number since you'd want to use semantic versioning (https://semver.org/) , but maybe it's a timestamp of when the session was launched or the time of a specific commit.

20230417_071127.jpg
If you continue reading it, it says:
Code:
20230209t184036qdbl_STEELHEAD

The t in the middle makes me think it's in ISO8601 format

So it's most likely 2023-02-09 at 18:40:36. It is missing the Z, so it's probably in some other time zone.

The car isnt falling to bits like BeamNG, its nothing new.
if Forza had the destruction physics of BeamNG or even Wreckfest with the advanced physics model and visuals on top of all this... The Xbox Series X would choke and the Series S would explode. My PC has a hard time with both of those games, what makes you think a comparative or weaker console will do as well?

Just my two cents.
There is an xbox user with the username Tryyton, and it does make sense for the devs to put the users gamertag there to make leaking more difficult, and it could be implemented without personalising the build to every tester. Of course that does bring up why you would leak something with your name clearly visible on it in the first place.

if Forza had the destruction physics of BeamNG or even Wreckfest with the advanced physics model and visuals on top of all this... The Xbox Series X would choke and the Series S would explode. My PC has a hard time with both of those games, what makes you think a comparative or weaker console will do as well?
You know that would never happen, because as FordGTGuy mentioned about three months ago that none of the cars in BeamNG.drive nor Wreckfest are licensed products. Manufacturers will not allow their cars to be deformed and ripped apart in brutal fashion.

Though that being said the comment is quite hilarious, I will give it that.

I don't know what's up with you americans always sticking fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine. Only gonna make you more bitter in the end. I've predicted multiple closures correctly in the last 10 years and always had people telling how wrong I am. My opinion doesn't matter but it usually ends up being correct.
It seems people either want a full sim or a full arcade, not this in-between stuff. The fact that Assetto Corsa with only two games outsold the entire Motorsport franchise should be a big concern for Turn10.

Last edited:
I don't know what's up with you americans always sticking fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine. Only gonna make you more bitter in the end. I've predicted multiple closures correctly in the last 10 years and always had people telling how wrong I am. My opinion doesn't matter but it usually ends up being correct.
It seems people either want a full sim or a full arcade, not this in-between stuff. The fact that Assetto Corsa with only two games outsold the entire Motorsport franchise should be a big concern for Turn10.
Translation: Everyone clapped my silly prediction and I'm wildly misremembering how I'm constantly throwing out solid takes like I'm Nostradamus.

The cherry on top is to label every one like they're silly Americans. A Brazilian, a Norwegian, a Brit, & a German also found your claims silly.

Last edited:

I do like the implications that there will be FM news on forza monthly this time.

Man as much as I want there to be news it's probably gonna be another "Just hang in there guys, we can't wait to start talking about this amazing game." and that's if they show up at all.

Translation: Everyone clapped my silly prediction and I'm wildly misremembering how I'm constantly throwing out solid takes like I'm Nostradamus.

The cherry on top is to label every one like they're silly Americans. A Brazilian, a Norwegian, a Brit, & a German also found your claims silly.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Driveclub fans were telling me the exact same things years ago, nothing you say is original or interesting.

nothing you say is original or interesting.
Coming from the guy who pops into the Forza section every few months to basically throw out the same poor thought out take.

Today:
This is Turn10's last shot at turning it around before getting closed down, let's hope they do it right.
I'm sure a lot of people will try it out on gamepass but how many will stick around?

3 months ago:
I've been thinking for a while now that this reboot game is Turn10's last chance to make a game that sticks with the crowd and attracts enough attention to warrant further development.
Ultimately what matters is whether the player base sticks around,

You're a broken record.

Oh my, Driveclub? This Driveclub?
As of July 2015, the game has reached 2 million copies sold, becoming one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 video games.
Driveclub that released in 2014 & had active servers for 6 years despite Sony cutting the team in half?

Yeah, you're really on top of the industry predictions.

Last edited:
The fact that Assetto Corsa with only two games outsold the entire Motorsport franchise should be a big concern for Turn10.

Probally beacuse the first AC game had mod support and people mod the game as seems fit, the only thing FM could do to reach similar numbers was exactly allow mod support

About numbers, we can compare GT Sport number of players vs FM7/FM6
Forza Motorsport 7 had about 9-10M players last time i saw around its closing time
Forza Motorsport 6 had a bit less, lets say 8M

Gran Turismo Sport had 14M in 2022, considering the fact the PS user base is a bit bigger than Xbox, they probally pull the same simillar numbers

So if Motorsport pull something closer to GT Sport 14M, it will be great numbers, also there is the game pass factor, Xbox will try to keep the game list on game pass as big as possible so it makes gamepass atractive

Last edited:
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Driveclub fans were telling me the exact same things years ago, nothing you say is original or interesting.
You know this attitude you've been puttin' out is really condescending, in my honest opinion. I don't understand why you need the feel to respond with the unnecessary posting. And McLaren pretty much pointed it out.

Frankly this site doesn't need this venomous posting. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.

Last edited:

"As seen in the screenshot, the image displayed the watermark “Tryyton”, who is a frequent Twitch streamer. Despite the screenshot clearly showing that it originated from him, Insider Gaming reached out to Tryyton to speak of the credibility of the image and to ask whether or not he was the leaker.

Speaking with Tryyton, he instantly denied that he was the one who leaked the image to Reddit but did admit that the image was his. According to him, the image was posted to a private discord server setup by a playtesting company which is used to report bugs (perhaps the paint job?). Unfortunately, though, Tryyton would not disclose which playtesting company he’s playtesting for in order to verify his claims.

“In 25+ years of doing alpha/beta tests under NDA, this never happened,” he said.

According to Tryyton, he has already spoken with the playtesting company to resolve the issue internally.

Several people have already spoken about the quality of how the game looks, but Tryyton wouldn’t disclose when the screenshot was taken to abide by his NDA. In the screenshot, however, we can see the string “20230209t”, leading people to believe that the t means time and that the screenshot was taken on February 2, 2023.

UPDATE – Insider Gaming has been able to verify with two sources who have provided photo evidence that the screenshot originated from a multiplayer stress test for the game on February 9, 2023.

If you know of the playtesting company, or know when the screenshot was taken, you can reach out anonymously and securely to tomtomhenderson@protonmail.com"

Seems like there's a lot going on behind the scenes than T10 are letting on.
IIRC, T10 had the first build ready by Dec 2019, that was being tested internally. This then moved to testing within other Xbox studios. Then 2021 and i think 2022, there were confirmations that the game was being tested by the T10 selected playtesters. The 2023 leak implies that a third party company is also involved in playtests of the game (specifically MP) as recently as Feb 9 2023.

Last edited:
I wish I had your optimism. Adding a few more scratches and calling it a "brand new system built from the ground up".

Its just marketting buzzwords. The car isnt falling to bits like BeamNG, its nothing new.

Real destruction is only possible in Games with fictional cars like of course in BeamNG and Wreckfest. As i have understand the new damage system in Forza Motorsport will have at least more realistic scratches, dents in places where the contact happend and also the new dirt system that takes the car shape and aero into account. And tbh i really like this.

According to him, the image was posted to a private discord server setup by a playtesting company which is used to report bugs
the screenshot originated from a multiplayer stress test for the game on February 9, 2023.
As expected, the screenshot was from a closed beta

But this wouldnt happenned if T10 was more communicative about the game, the person that did it certianly knew that people were anxious for anything about the game...

I don't know what's up with you americans
I am Norwegian.
always sticking fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine. Only gonna make you more bitter in the end. I've predicted multiple closures correctly in the last 10 years and always had people telling how wrong I am. My opinion doesn't matter but it usually ends up being correct.
You are trolling. You don't know the sales of Forza Motorsport. Just stop.

The fact that Assetto Corsa with only two games outsold the entire Motorsport franchise should be a big concern for Turn10.
Forza isn't the franchise that frequently goes on sale for the price of a candy bar nor does it have a 10 + year repository of mods and applications made to optimize and improve the experience NOR is it available on playstation

Last edited:
Forza isn't the franchise that frequently goes on sale for the price of a candy bar nor does it have a 10 + year repository of mods and applications made to optimize and improve the experience NOR is it available on playstation
Not to mention, he is a liar. I am surprised he hasn't been moderated.

Back