Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,989 comments
Well, my game finally redownloaded after like 8 hours, so I was able to fire the game up and fiddle around with the new Ginetta. Since it was late, a friend and I only planned to run for 10 minutes or so just to see how it was, but ended up playing around with it for an hour running at all kinds of short tracks. Even with just the two of us it was super fun, and basically every race finished with us nose to tail or side by side. Fantastic little car that is great out of the box and really good for wheel to wheel racing, and would be perfect for a sort of beginners series. Looking forward to seeing if we can sorta turn it into a GT5 version with some upgrades on Wednesday.

I think they need to change the Formula Mazda hopper into a rotating hopper that cycles between spec cars, as it seems like the Formula Mazda is fizzling out a bit (or maybe I'm just unlucky when I try to run it) and they have added a few more spec vehicles since then. Keep the Formula Mazda in rotation of course, but also run MX5 Cup and now Ginetta G40 Junior. I would say LMP3 and Ginetta GT4 as well but they are DLC, but maybe if we get something like a Clio Cup car or something it would be a good addition.

Also tried the 935 and it was not enjoyable without tuning. Loose to the apex, then understeer out... Probably tunable, but not much fun stock. Looks cool though.

Also tried that Element or Elemental or whatever it is and was pleasantly surprised. It probably has a bit more horsepower than it needs, but not too much really and it wasn't as twitchy or nervous as I was expecting. Some of the superlight MR things can be pretty sensitive to bumps and get snappy but it was pretty progressive when it did lose grip, and was overall pretty cooperative. Pleasant surprise.

Off the wall question (or 2). Does FM23 add AI cars during online races? Ran a race today with a field of 14 qualifiers, 24 starters, and only 17 finishers. Seems odd to me.

Is online racing heavily dependent on tuning? Every race I enter my car setup gets modified to match some setup configuration (which I can't find) and it slows the car down considerably.

Finally has online racing always been so poor? The races I have been in lately are just a wreckfest gone bad.
No AI in multiplayer races, but usually several people don't qualify. Sometimes it's intentional as they want to challenge themselves or are going for that achievement for gaining so many places during a multiplayer race (12 positions is it?), sometimes because people are dumb or AFK. A lot of people quit when they get mad or screw up their pit strategies too.

As for tuning, it depends a bit on the class, but as a general rule you will always want to make the sort of "basic rule of thumb" changes for each class and yes they are worth a fair amount of time but also worth a lot during the race in terms of consistency, where you make speed and whether you can overtake. For example, in the Forza Touring Car lobbies, just setting your aero to max front/minumum rear is worth a bunch of time at most tracks as it will really sharpen the car up, plus it will help your straight line speed a lot. If you are running rear aero, you will generally get swallowed up on the straights which puts you at big risk for getting into incidents.

When you join a Featured Multiplayer lobby in the "Spec" category, it will automatically apply a build to your car with standardized parts, but yeah they will generally get stripped off the car if you go back to single player and try to look at it. One way around this is to go into the lobby, then go to the tuning screen and save the tune that has the parts installed, then you can go back to single player and load that tune and it will put the parts from the Spec lobby so you can practice offline. It's also worth checking though, as when you join those lobbies the game creates an autosave tuning file. The one called "AutoSaveCareerTune" or something like that is an autosave of your single player tune, and "AutoSaveSpecTune" or something is the one with the forced parts, although it doesn't seem to always create the latter for some reason.

The racing has pretty much always been poor outside the top 4 or 5 cars, and even in that top group it can be bad sometimes. The midfield isn't necessarily dirty/malicious but often just careless and impatient, and the rear of the grid is often sloppy and unpredictable, so even the guys who are trying to be clean still brake in weird places or take weird lines and unintentionally cause chaos. With this recent change to matchmaking hopefully it will get better over the next couple of weeks.

I know I kinda always bang on this drum even though it seems useless as this place is heavily single player oriented, but if you want to do multiplayer racing, I'd highly recommend looking for an organized league. You will find a much better driving standard throughout most of the grid, often times (depending on league of course) much better balanced cars, and generally people will be willing to help out with tunes or offer advice and practice, so you can learn a lot and improve much faster.

Aaand my game is crashing when exiting events again.
Joy.
Was this a thing in a previous update? I'm on console so sometimes I skip over obviously PC-related chatter.

My friend that I was racing the Ginetta with tonight noticed the same problem but didn't experience it before the update, they are on PC.

Anyone know how to fix the game being blindingly bright since the update? Evident on the menus but unbearable when on track. My graphics settings are the same they have always been.

Also, when the does the last seasons events run out of time? Hoping to get the Renault, but unsure if worth putting the time in.

Turn down your brightness settings as low as possible.

(in HDR case, you can probably run brightness at zero and HDR brightness as low as possible for the grey image to fade into the white background).

Previously I kept my HDR brightness a little higher than minimum, but that no longer seems to be needed since the patch, which added plenty more colour saturation than before.

Edit: By the way, Mobil 1 partnership is worth investigating, isn't it?

The Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup... now that sounds like a single race series we should have. We already have the 911 GT3-R though, so not sure it would give us much.

Sadly they don't sponsor any specific race track as the title sponsor or anything. Otherwise we could assume that was the next track.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
These 3 brands are found as a text strings after this new update.
NETA (Chinese EV brand)
Mansory
LARTE Design (Rims and Bodykits manufacturer mostly for SUV)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514-073514.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073514.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240514-073456.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073456.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240514-073429.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073429.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240514-073258-324.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073258-324.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240514-073238.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073238.png
    155 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240514-073227-517.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073227-517.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240514-073129-609.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073129-609.png
    465.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240514-072905.png
    Screenshot_20240514-072905.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240514-073024-892.png
    Screenshot_20240514-073024-892.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 3
Mmm... I don't know why they keep using footage of graphics that are not attainable on the regular Series X, let alone most PC rigs out there.
It’s not regulated by ESRB (they have no guidelines on how authentic footage must be vs retail builds) so they can do whatever they want (and hope not enough people kick up a fuss).

Last edited:
It’s not regulated by ESRB (they have no guidelines on how authentic footage must be vs retail builds) so they can do whatever they want (and hope not enough people kick up a fuss).
Unfortunately for T10, quite a few people have made comparisons between the promo videos/screenshots to the actual game.

Also, when the does the last seasons events run out of time? Hoping to get the Renault, but unsure if worth putting the time in.
You should have 2 more weeks or so, but it hasn't popped up with a countdown timer yet.

Could just do what I do, and set all the driving assists so the car auto drives and let it do the series while you watch YouTube/cook dinner/whatever. You don't have to get any specific trophy for them so it doesn't matter how good/bad the AI finishes. I think the '60s F1 cars my AI got like 18th in the points or something because it kept crashing.

Might be worth giving a try actually driving though too, a few people have said the AI is much better now so they might not be such a slog to get through.
Edit: By the way, Mobil 1 partnership is worth investigating, isn't it?

The Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup... now that sounds like a single race series we should have. We already have the 911 GT3-R though, so not sure it would give us much.

Sadly they don't sponsor any specific race track as the title sponsor or anything. Otherwise we could assume that was the next track.

Any thoughts?
I think a 911 GT3 Cup car would still be a good addition, partially because they are cool and partially because I think the confusing naming convention for 911 race cars is funny and it would further confuse people. They are a very important "ladder" car for GT racing in the real world though, and aside from the Supercup being one of the most prestigious GT series to win, the 911 Cup car with the enduro kit is also a very common car for endurance racing in series like VLN/NLS and Creventic.

I don't think there is much to read into the Mobil 1 partnership as T10 have had a lot of partnerships that basically meant nothing, but it is kinda fun to speculate and craft conspiracy theories about content so... Mobil 1 has been the presenting sponsor for the 12 Hours of Sebring for a number of years now.

Personally I hope I'm not onto anything there as I really don't find Sebring that exciting and it would be waaaaay down my list of returning FM7 tracks behind Bathurst, Sonoma, Road Atlanta, Long Beach, Monza... probably even behind COTA and Bugatti circuit. I'd also take revisited tracks from FM1 before it, but sadly that doesn't seem likely to happen, as much as I'd love to see Alpine Ring and Tokyo.

Last edited:
Made some comparisons to see the difference the new lighting and color changes make. Its a solid improvement and it keeps getting better. Also noticed the trees in the further distance look alot better after the patch, probably improved lod. You can see that clearly in the Maple Valley comparison with the red Corvette.

Left is pre patch.
COMPRRR2.jpg

COMPRRR.jpg

COMPRRR4.jpg

COMPRRR3.jpg

You should have 2 more weeks or so, but it hasn't popped up with a countdown timer yet.

Could just do what I do, and set all the driving assists so the car auto drives and let it do the series while you watch YouTube/cook dinner/whatever. You don't have to get any specific trophy for them so it doesn't matter how good/bad the AI finishes. I think the '60s F1 cars my AI got like 18th in the points or something because it kept crashing.

Might be worth giving a try actually driving though too, a few people have said the AI is much better now so they might not be such a slog to get through.

I think a 911 GT3 Cup car would still be a good addition, partially because they are cool and partially because I think the confusing naming convention for 911 race cars is funny and it would further confuse people. They are a very important "ladder" car for GT racing in the real world though, and aside from the Supercup being one of the most prestigious GT series to win, the 911 Cup car with the enduro kit is also a very common car for endurance racing in series like VLN/NLS and Creventic.

I don't think there is much to read into the Mobil 1 partnership as T10 have had a lot of partnerships that basically meant nothing, but it is kinda fun to speculate and craft conspiracy theories about content so... Mobil 1 has been the presenting sponsor for the 12 Hours of Sebring for a number of years now.

Personally I hope I'm not onto anything there as I really don't find Sebring that exciting and it would be waaaaay down my list of returning FM7 tracks behind Bathurst, Sonoma, Road Atlanta, Long Beach, Monza... probably even behind COTA and Bugatti circuit. I'd also take revisited tracks from FM1 before it, but sadly that doesn't seem likely to happen, as much as I'd love to see Alpine Ring and Tokyo.
Another thing to change for easy event completion would also be to go to the Accessibility menu and turn collisions off. (SinglePlayer option)

Also, in other news. T10 are supposedly going to be remodelling a few of the older cars with inaccuracies that have been pointed out in the community for years. This will probably be a long process that'll take years to actually see in game, but cool they confirmed the news today.

T10 Quote:
Yes! We have a list of cars we're chasing down to be rebuilt - really exciting stuff. It may take a while to get them showing up in games - sourcing and building cars takes many months or even a year+ depending on how hard it is to find a museum-quality car, licensing, etc etc. When the refreshed cars do come out, it will likely be with future games as we aren't able to just swap out the old models for the new in existing games without potentially breaking other things in the process.
List of cars so far they'll be attempting to remodel, according to the closed topics on the Forza Motorsport Suggestions Hub

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Dodge Viper GTS ACR ‘99
  • Ferrari 575M Maranello 2002
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI MR 1999
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R 2000 (S15)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993 (R32)
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno Apex 1985 (AE86)
Now the quote from the T10 employee does seem to imply we won't see them in FM2023, but perhaps the next iteration of FM. He might be wrong or slightly uninformed (AFAIK she is just a community relations manager so not a senior management developer) but it does pose the question, how long are T10 going to support FM2023?

Last edited:
Also, in other news. T10 are supposedly going to be remodelling a few of the older cars with inaccuracies that have been pointed out in the community for years. This will probably be a long process that'll take years to actually see in game, but cool they confirmed the news today.

T10 Quote:

List of cars so far they'll be attempting to remodel, according to the closed topics on the Forza Motorsport Suggestions Hub

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
Now the quote from the T10 employee does seem to imply we won't see them in FM2023, but perhaps the next iteration of FM. He might be wrong or slightly uninformed (AFAIK he is just a community relations manager so not a senior management developer) but it does pose the question, how long are T10 going to support FM2023?

Wow I had given up hope, that's great news.

As long as no cars are removed from the game or the next one, then by all means, so be it. Remodel them if ever, then update the car model when it's ready.

However this could cause a massive effect on liveries, customization options and potentially even their physics and driving behaviors (altering the shape of the car does affect aerodynamics), which means that liveries for these particular cars will likely have to be reset, and leaderboards will have to be wiped clean.

But like as the folks at Turn Ten said, they'd likely save these models for the next game, such as for a potential Forza Horizon 6, and that this wouldn't be as simple as it sounds without these potential headaches as stated earlier.

T10 Quote:

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
Now the quote from the T10 employee does seem to imply we won't see them in FM2023, but perhaps the next iteration of FM. He might be wrong or slightly uninformed (AFAIK he is just a community relations manager so not a senior management developer) but it does pose the question, how long are T10 going to support FM2023?

Good to know that 2 worst offenders Nissan skyline r32 and Nissan Silvia s15 will be getting fixed. Hopefully for forza horizon 6. I would add Ferrari f40 and Lamborghini countach to that list to. They are quite outdated models to.

My guess is that Forza Horizon 6 would have these new models, that's the implication.

Changing models in a existing game does introduce complications:
  • Breaks all liveries
  • Requires readjustment of cameras and animations
  • May (if the wheelbase or weight distribution changes) have a slight effect on vehicle physics

(AFAIK he is just a community relations manager so not a senior management developer)
She. I spoke with her once or twice in the past (few years ago), cares about the community :)

But that's for these individual vehicles, right? It's not like it could affect the physics of non-affected vehicles.
Yes, but that’s still work that needs doing incase it throws some other things out of kilter like AI, PI or saved tunes etc.

Last edited:
I don't know what this car is supposed to be:

1715789703495.png

The Strassenversion? The same patch note document is reffering to it as the "1997 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion".

I'm fairly certain that's the Strassenversion (the race car was using 996 styling from 1997 onward), probably its internal shorthand or simply a typo.

It would make sense as Elite Factory Racers is one of the Featured Multiplayer series.

Wikipedia:

Towards the end of the 1996 season, Porsche made revisions to the 911 GT1 in preparation for the 1997 season.

The front end of the car was revised including new bodywork which featured headlamps that previewed the all-new generation of the (996) Porsche 911 which would be unveiled in 1997. The revised car was known as the 911 GT1 Evo (or Evolution).

The car had the same engine as the 1996 version, bit its new aerodynamic elements allowed the 1997 version to be considerably faster than the 1996 version with improved acceleration, the top speed was still around 330 km/h (205 mph) on the La Sarthe Circuit (in the race, the GT1 Evo attained a top speed of 326 km/h).

At Le Mans the works cars led the race but did not last the full distance; a privately entered 1996 specification GT1 managed 5th overall and third in the GT1 class.

1715793347122.png

Last edited:
Back