Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,234 comments
I ****ing love the new Ginetta, it's the best thing they have added to the game so far but sadly will probably go mostly unnoticed since nearly everyone is so infatuated with GT3 and horsepower that most would gloss right over it down in lowly E class, and even if they did drive it they would probably upgrade it a bunch.

You can fiddle with the power on it to make it like a regular G40 or GT5 car, and can remove the rear wing to be like the older G40 Junior (like was in PC2)... but I just don't see the need.

For those with friends they are racing with, I highly recommend just running it stock with forced stock tunes, and it works good basically everywhere. I guess 6th gear could be a little longer, but it only hits the limiter in 6th going into Schwedenkreuz and Fuchsrohre at the Nordschleife, or occasionally with a big bump draft train going on some very long straights elsewhere. Obviously (and unfortunately, in my opinion) the public hopper allows upgrades, which I suppose is cool for build variety, but I feel it kinda betrays the spirit of spec racing the car is built for and spreads things out.

We gathered 6 or so people tonight and ran it at a bunch of different tracks, and I'm not sure I've smiled more driving anything in a game. Doesn't matter whether it's a big track or a small track, it provides great racing. While it's so slow you might think it would be boring at big tracks, it drafts so well that they are still fun. The side draft is very noticeable with it, and unlike many cars in the game, you can actually bump draft with it as it's so slow the nose-to-tail contact will pretty much always hit the "Forza pillow" and bonk the driver in front faster without actually touching their car. The drafting makes it a riot to race at ovals, particularly Homestead and Indy, and we had a bunch of 4-wide racing and 3-wide finishes.

It's so slow and neutral that it is very driveable, and we had several guys running tonight who are usually 1.5 seconds a lap slower than some of us keeping up with us and getting involved in the battles.

It also looks adorable with mini GT car liveries on it. I suck at photos but I've done these two so far:
Ginetta C7R1.jpgGinetta C7R2.jpgGinetta GTS-R1.jpgGinetta GTS-R2.jpg

They aren't completely perfect/accurate but I feel that actually kinda suits them as silly little imposters. Planning on doing an Aston DBR9 next.

Last edited:
I ****ing love the new Ginetta, it's the best thing they have added to the game so far but sadly will probably go mostly unnoticed since nearly everyone is so infatuated with GT3 and horsepower that most would gloss right over it down in lowly E class, and even if they did drive it they would probably upgrade it a bunch.

You can fiddle with the power on it to make it like a regular G40 or GT5 car, and can remove the rear wing to be like the older G40 Junior (like was in PC2)... but I just don't see the need.

For those with friends they are racing with, I highly recommend just running it stock with forced stock tunes, and it works good basically everywhere. I guess 6th gear could be a little longer, but it only hits the limiter in 6th going into Schwedenkreuz and Fuchsrohre at the Nordschleife, or occasionally with a big bump draft train going on some very long straights elsewhere. Obviously (and unfortunately, in my opinion) the public hopper allows upgrades, which I suppose is cool for build variety, but I feel it kinda betrays the spirit of spec racing the car is built for and spreads things out.

We gathered 6 or so people tonight and ran it at a bunch of different tracks, and I'm not sure I've smiled more driving anything in a game. Doesn't matter whether it's a big track or a small track, it provides great racing. While it's so slow you might think it would be boring at big tracks, it drafts so well that they are still fun. The side draft is very noticeable with it, and unlike many cars in the game, you can actually bump draft with it as it's so slow the nose-to-tail contact will pretty much always hit the "Forza pillow" and bonk the driver in front faster without actually touching their car. The drafting makes it a riot to race at ovals, particularly Homestead and Indy, and we had a bunch of 4-wide racing and 3-wide finishes.

It's so slow and neutral that it is very driveable, and we had several guys running tonight who are usually 1.5 seconds a lap slower than some of us keeping up with us and getting involved in the battles.

It also looks adorable with mini GT car liveries on it. I suck at photos but I've done these two so far:
View attachment 1356896View attachment 1356897View attachment 1356898View attachment 1356899

They aren't completely perfect/accurate but I feel that actually kinda suits them as silly little imposters. Planning on doing an Aston DBR9 next.
Rockin' good designs there!! I love it!

The best cars that T10 have added to the game are all spec cars
The MX-5 cup car and the Ginetta G40 Jr. are both way more fun than they have any right to be
The Ginetta in particular really demands good racing lines, because it has so little power that maintaining your momentum is absolutely vital to set good lap times

T10 should have a tour that's specifically for previous tours added to the game, called "Legacy Tour." This can be expanded upon after a previous tour ends, which will also expand content to the game for new/returning players.

IMO, FM really doesn't need FOMO. It can't be like Forza Horizon because that game has a playlist full of different stuff to complete. FM's are just generic races with lack of objectives other than to earn enough points to claim top position. The featured tours should not be getting removed like they currently are, with rewards disappearing in the process. It's just silly and needs rethinking.

Well after 8 updates T10 still dosent seem to be on our side when it comes to this. I feel like this will go on for many more months until they finally tweak it a little bit but I agree its annoying. This system does not make any sense
This is probably my biggest gripe with the game. The touted the featured tours would be added permanently to the game, yet here we are with FOMO, it's definitely annoying.

I get player engagement but a game like FM shouldn't be based on that simply because people want to just hot lap and there isn't as much of a focus on multiplayer. It's there, but entirely optional, unlike FH5 which is "always online." I know it isn't, but the primary focus of FH5 is playing with other people. FM it is possible to completely avoid multiplayer and not miss out on anything from a gameplay standpoint.

I recently played FM23 again to record video footage. I did actually notice a lighting improvement, it's looking pretty good now. I might actually start playing it more again.
I recently played FM23 again too but can't agree with lighting improvement when T10 (or their AI) think making the first Formula 60s race at Brands Hatch so dark is a good idea.

T10 should have a tour that's specifically for previous tours added to the game, called "Legacy Tour." This can be expanded upon after a previous tour ends, which will also expand content to the game for new/returning players.

IMO, FM really doesn't need FOMO. It can't be like Forza Horizon because that game has a playlist full of different stuff to complete. FM's are just generic races with lack of objectives other than to earn enough points to claim top position. The featured tours should not be getting removed like they currently are, with rewards disappearing in the process. It's just silly and needs rethinking.
Totally agree. I noticed in the new update, the Open Series Tour is now under the Featured tab much like the Featured Tours, so perhaps they are finally making way to add more tours for single player. They should just add the previously expired featured tours, seems like a waste to have them only for a limited time, especially since they take the time to create an intro for each.

Totally agree. I noticed in the new update, the Open Series Tour is now under the Featured tab much like the Featured Tours, so perhaps they are finally making way to add more tours for single player.
Absolutely! I also found it interesting how we still have the Retro Racers tour, which would've counted down the next five days before getting replaced by the next tour. Unless T10 had extended it, which I hope they didn't and are actually intending to keep it. I want to believe T10 keeping that previous tour is a sign of them bringing back the other tours they've added in the past for the June update. But for now, it will be a "wait and see" approach. Fingers crossed though!
They should just add the previously expired featured tours, seems like a waste to have them only for a limited time, especially since they take the time to create an intro for each.
Exactly, and I've said the same thing to myself as well when entering them, that it feels like a waste of T10's time of making these unique intros only to remove them from the game. Crossing my fingers we do get back those expired tours soon. 👍

Last edited:
Do I need to download again all the liveries I already have for all my cars, if I uninstall - reinstall the game?
I have the Microsoft Store version
Thank you very much, in advance

Absolutely! I also found it interesting how we still have the Retro Racers tour, which would've counted down the next five days before getting replaced by the next tour. Unless T10 had extended it, which I hope they didn't and are actually intending to keep it. I want to believe T10 keeping that previous tour is a sign of them bringing back the other tours they've added in the past for the June update. But for now, it will be a "wait and see" approach. Fingers crossed though!
I believe that tour has an extra week because the update took an extra week to release.

You have a point. That particular race was indeed VERY dark. But for the most part the game looks much better now, IMO.
View attachment 1356953
grabs torch

Also, there's no way in my opinion those Featured Tours will return except as repeated Featured Tours when they run out of new content (ala FH4). The only thing they might also do is add them with a patch when endgame arrives.

Without the FOMO there's "no reason" (according to MS and almost every live service game developer) for gamepass to earn lots of advertising money, sorry I meant to say for people to play the game.

They've got no other ideas on how to get their gamepass logins, so we're stuck with disappearing content till the end.

They haven't changed tack at any point with FH4, why would FM23 be any different?

Just my opinion, but name me ANY live service game where the FOMO aspect has been reversed. Go on, just name one...

Just did the Ginetta series. I don't know if the fact that it's a single car series made the AI work better, but if what I just saw is indicative of how it is now in the game in general, then wow, it's a massive improvement. Not so much a difference in pace, I was able to do a fastest lap around 1 second quicker than the max difficulty AI, but they seem so so so so so much better at driving around other cars. They still gave way to me a bit too readily when I went down the inside into a corner, no staying side by side at full speed through corners like the ACC AI can, but it's still an enormous improvement compared to prior to this update.
I think it helps if the cars have similar builds or are homologated for the AI to work better. I've watched youtube vids where people have tested sim racing games and have said so.
I remember doing touring cars on FM6 and that being the case. When i tried it on this game (using an e class car) after the update (in advanced freeplay) it put me in to division but the cars had vastly different builds and the racing and AI in general were terrible save the cars in the top 3.
I think the main issue is the amount of cars on track (and with differing builds). Think class racing in multiplayer. I think FM3 had max 8 and it worked better. At the same time 'Race Pro' on 360 had 16 and was much more realistic. I just don't think it has ever been a priority for FM especially when they had two year cycles.

View attachment 1356896View attachment 1356897View attachment 1356898View attachment 1356899

I get what you are saying about spec builds but i find stock tyres are often horrible in FM. I think the decision to make it D400 isn't too bad as it doesn't allow too much variation or make it too overpowered.
I'm def liking those designs and share your sentiments about e class racing.

Today i tryed the new patch. Feels like the same crap game then before. Still a deadbirth like on release. Super toxic MP, ramming, divebomb, reckless, feels like everyone just unload their frustration to the game. There are no good players left, only gamepass kids with joypad. Empty rooms at primetime... this game is dead.
Ai at 8 and they still drive badly. No clean overtake, no racecraft, no proper driving, still braking mid corner, they just bang you out of the way. No wonder people in MP also drive like that, the game learn them to drive like that.
I cant imagine what kind of person still play this garbage serious.
Dont play it then.Simple.

Someone on Reddit spotted the new Sebring logo in the files, so it's starting to look like that's our next track.
View attachment 1357871
Wouldn't want to get my hopes up, but I hope this is a clear sign that we could get something, any form of Hypercars/LMDh's, or in IMSA circles, GTP's.

And as with the case of Real Racing 3, which got the Ferrari 499P, it is more of manufacturer licensing than Motorsport Games.

Last edited:

It's so much fun! And it looks amazing on Ultra

Wouldn't want to get my hopes up, but I hope this is a clear sign that we could get something, any form of Hypercars/LMDh's, or in IMSA circles, GTP's.

And as with the case of Real Racing 3, which got the Ferrari 499P, it is more of manufacturer licensing than Motorsport Games.
With the recently dropped Ligier in the car pass I was hoping that opened the door for more prototypes to come but it wasn't. Im still confident we will get more GTPs but now it's like whats the hold up T10...even getting one at a time would be nice. Side note, with Real Racing 3 getting the 499p and that car being the most requested Hypercar for FM hopefully Ferrari is nice to us and gives T10 the ok to add it here too.

Last edited:
Today i tryed the new patch. Feels like the same crap game then before. Still a deadbirth like on release. Super toxic MP, ramming, divebomb, reckless, feels like everyone just unload their frustration to the game. There are no good players left, only gamepass kids with joypad. Empty rooms at primetime... this game is dead.
Ai at 8 and they still drive badly. No clean overtake, no racecraft, no proper driving, still braking mid corner, they just bang you out of the way. No wonder people in MP also drive like that, the game learn them to drive like that.
I cant imagine what kind of person still play this garbage serious.
Imagine thinking anyone here cares whether you play, don't play or go sit in the corner by yourself.

Someone on Reddit spotted the new Sebring logo in the files, so it's starting to look like that's our next track.
Fingers crossed! To me it's a really important and historically significant track that absolutely needs to find its way back into Forza Motorsport and I would like to see a greater focus on IMSA as I think it's a natural partner for Turn10. It also has a strong commercial relationship with Mobil 1 (they've been the title sponsor for the 12 Hours of Sebring for more than 20 years) which could be partially behind it given the latest Maple Valley Mobil1 tie-in.

It would be great to see this in Forza :)
GTP-Start-IMSA-2023-Sebring.jpg

So Sebring and Road Atlanta are in the folders. Which makes sense, since both are well loved long term Forza tracks and we definitely need both of them back. Good to see.
Whats interesting is seeing Sunset Peninsula listed too. It's based off of Daytona which if I remember correctly Daytona is the better of the two but I really wonder if they plan to revive that old track in this game. Not that I wouldn't welcome it but there's many other classic Forza tracks that could be redone and added that would have been a better choice.

Back