Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,234 comments
Anybody know why, I assume all of us, were gifted a 2018 Mclaren Senna? I know the 2019 was a car pass car but not sure about this one.It just appeared in the gift tag on ingame messages.

Whats interesting is seeing Sunset Peninsula listed too. It's based off of Daytona which if I remember correctly Daytona is the better of the two but I really wonder if they plan to revive that old track in this game. Not that I wouldn't welcome it but there's many other classic Forza tracks that could be redone and added that would have been a better choice.
I've probably said this before but I'd be willing to overlook a LOT of the game's flaws if they bring back Camino, it'd even get me to start playing again. That track was just such a fun drive and I'd really love to see how it translates to the new physics.

I've probably said this before but I'd be willing to overlook a LOT of the game's flaws if they bring back Camino, it'd even get me to start playing again. That track was just such a fun drive and I'd really love to see how it translates to the new physics.
Wow, I loved tracks like Camino, and enjoyed taking pictures there almost as much as I liked driving it.
Austin Mountains.jpg

Last edited:
With the recently dropped Ligier in the car pass I was hoping that opened the door for more prototypes to come but it wasn't. Im still confident we will get more GTPs but now it's like whats the hold up T10...even getting one at a time would be nice. Side note, with Real Racing 3 getting the 499p and that car being the most requested Hypercar for FM hopefully Ferrari is nice to us and gives T10 the ok to add it here too.
T10 have never been good at adding current race cars though, and with the way they obviously held back a bunch of the 2018-ish cars for the Car Pass after they showed them off in early trailers or put them on original car lists, I find it hard to be too optimistic about anything major happening in regards to current race cars showing up with any regularity.

I'm sure we will get a few once they start doing the paid car packs, but I'd expect those to be the regular jumbled up selection to maximize appeal rather than focused things like "WEC pack" that have a couple of prototypes and GT3 cars, or whatever.

Real Racing 3 gets a ton of stuff that would be awesome in other games that just never really turns up though, so sadly something appearing there doesn't really mean anything for other games getting it. The selection of race cars they have in RR3 that we don't have in Forza is pretty depressing. I've never played it, but kinda assume they get that stuff because they aren't worried about detail or accuracy as much given it's a phone game.
Whats interesting is seeing Sunset Peninsula listed too. It's based off of Daytona which if I remember correctly Daytona is the better of the two but I really wonder if they plan to revive that old track in this game. Not that I wouldn't welcome it but there's many other classic Forza tracks that could be redone and added that would have been a better choice.
Sunset Peninsula is kind of a weird choice, but I'd welcome its roval variant as it would be by far the best roval in FM8. It also has a drag strip, and if they are actually planning on bringing back drag racing that would mean it kinda ticks 3 boxes with 1 track.

T10 have never been good at adding current race cars though, and with the way they obviously held back a bunch of the 2018-ish cars for the Car Pass after they showed them off in early trailers or put them on original car lists, I find it hard to be too optimistic about anything major happening in regards to current race cars showing up with any regularity.

I'm sure we will get a few once they start doing the paid car packs, but I'd expect those to be the regular jumbled up selection to maximize appeal rather than focused things like "WEC pack" that have a couple of prototypes and GT3 cars, or whatever.

Real Racing 3 gets a ton of stuff that would be awesome in other games that just never really turns up though, so sadly something appearing there doesn't really mean anything for other games getting it. The selection of race cars they have in RR3 that we don't have in Forza is pretty depressing. I've never played it, but kinda assume they get that stuff because they aren't worried about detail or accuracy as much given it's a phone game.

Sunset Peninsula is kind of a weird choice, but I'd welcome its roval variant as it would be by far the best roval in FM8. It also has a drag strip, and if they are actually planning on bringing back drag racing that would mean it kinda ticks 3 boxes with 1 track.
I forgot Sunset had a drag strip and I would have to watch some gameplay on YT again of its roval race in earlier forza games, my mind automatically goes to Daytona and its banking lol.

This could be the only division (so far) that I have to drop down 2 difficulty levels to get competitive. Just got the living **** beat out of me. I might run it again later but make the AI level the exact same to mine because apparently giving them a little cushion didn't work.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 005903.png

It's unlikely. They clearly are going for fantasy tracks which allow good racing (apart from Maple Valley, let's give them that one) rather than pretty looks.

I expect all future tracks to be real world ones, at least until they've given us redone versions of every real world track which was in FM7.

This could be the only division (so far) that I have to drop down 2 difficulty levels to get competitive. Just got the living **** beat out of me. I might run it again later but make the AI level the exact same to mine because apparently giving them a little cushion didn't work.

View attachment 1358227
I have been running at level 5 lately with an average between P5 and P7 but I have also been starting from the rear of the field (to build my passing & traffic management skills). I figure there will be a time when I will have to move the difficulty level down but right now I am resisting.

My problem area is the online races, I just can not seem to get matched with compatible racers.

My problem area is the online races, I just can not seem to get matched with compatible racers.
Compatible in terms of pace or in terms of etiquette/safety? Either way, I don't think anyone gets matched properly consistently. Their skill rating system is wonky and generally seems to massively over-rate people who race with any regularity and aren't absolutely terrible, and the safety rating is too loose as well, S rank drivers shouldn't be running with C rank, plus the game is so inconsistent with collision penalties that a lot of dirty guys don't get nailed with a penalty often enough to drop too far back.

If you want more consistent opposition you basically have to run organized leagues where you will race with the same guys every week. Depending on where you go, you probably won't be competing for wins, but you will run against the same guys so when you find a pack of people running that you are competitive with then you can enjoy a battle with them every week. Assuming you join one that is relatively established, there will usually be some faster guys running at the top end, so it ends up working a bit like a ladder where you start at the back, hone your skills and aim for finishing in the top half of the field, then start going for top 10s, then top 5s and so on, so they really are the best places to hone your skills.

I have been running at level 5 lately with an average between P5 and P7 but I have also been starting from the rear of the field (to build my passing & traffic management skills). I figure there will be a time when I will have to move the difficulty level down but right now I am resisting.

Is that in career or free play? I run career at 5 because the races are so short and there is still a bit of bashing around and brake checking from the AI. I usually start around P10.

But in free play I'm using level 6 since I can control the race lengths. Unfortunately we can't control starting position and as you can see in that race result I ended up losing 2 spots. But getting beat by 30 seconds shocked me. I'm going to have to figure out something with that division though. Reduce AI level to my exact number, reduce difficulty, etc.

Is that in career or free play? I run career at 5 because the races are so short and there is still a bit of bashing around and brake checking from the AI. I usually start around P10.

But in free play I'm using level 6 since I can control the race lengths. Unfortunately we can't control starting position and as you can see in that race result I ended up losing 2 spots. But getting beat by 30 seconds shocked me. I'm going to have to figure out something with that division though. Reduce AI level to my exact number, reduce difficulty, etc.
Career mode, have not tried much of freeplay other than single practices for the races or TT challenges.

As I was finding sources for missing sponsorship stickers for the Lego Icons McLaren MP4/4, I decided to dig thru Forza's MP4/4 as a reference, other than ASR Formula's Senna McLaren MP4/4 skin and found some unused sponsor logos for it. I wonder if they could be restored.
mcl_12_mp44.png

Last edited:

View attachment 1358227
This is actually one of my favourite divisions also because of the challenge it brings, currently on the way to make my third Cadillac V Series.R level 50. What is the difficulty you are using? For me level 6 often works well and sometimes 7, but I do go for longer races. I actually did Road America yesterday as well, but with 20 laps and it does take me like 15 laps to get to P1.

Fingers crossed for some additions to this division 🤞 Beyond LMDHs, I would also very much welcome some of the older DPIs like the Mazda and Nissan

This is actually one of my favourite divisions also because of the challenge it brings, currently on the way to make my third Cadillac V Series.R level 50. What is the difficulty you are using? For me level 6 often works well and sometimes 7, but I do go for longer races. I actually did Road America yesterday as well, but with 20 laps and it does take me like 15 laps to get to P1.

Fingers crossed for some additions to this division 🤞 Beyond LMDHs, I would also very much welcome some of the older DPIs like the Mazda and Nissan
I have been thinking of the Onroak Nissan Dpi to be added especially since it won the 12hrs of Sebring on its debut in 2017 I believe. The Mazda Dpi has been spotted in the files so lets see what happens with that, maybe sooner or later. The Oreca we have in game is pretty competitive to the Dpi's we have though so usually I run a prototype race with that included.

And until T10 decides to add proper hypercar/ modern GTP cars I have been doing a few races using the Cadillac V.R series LMDH in the same class as P1 cars. What I do is tweak their handicaps of power and front grip to get to the levels of the caddy and where they are competitive and it works great. The Nissan nismo is great on the straights as well as the Ginetta and the Porsche 919 is good in the corners and after some tweaking the Cadillac matches up well with them. Makeshift LMDH racing lol

I have been thinking of the Onroak Nissan Dpi to be added especially since it won the 12hrs of Sebring on its debut in 2017 I believe. The Mazda Dpi has been spotted in the files so lets see what happens with that, maybe sooner or later. The Oreca we have in game is pretty competitive to the Dpi's we have though so usually I run a prototype race with that included.

And until T10 decides to add proper hypercar/ modern GTP cars I have been doing a few races using the Cadillac V.R series LMDH in the same class as P1 cars. What I do is tweak their handicaps of power and front grip to get to the levels of the caddy and where they are competitive and it works great. The Nissan nismo is great on the straights as well as the Ginetta and the Porsche 919 is good in the corners and after some tweaking the Cadillac matches up well with them. Makeshift LMDH racing lol
Nice! You're basically doing what the FIA did in 2021 and 2022 with the Alpine A480 which was a grandfathered-in Rebellion R13 which added weight and reduced power, cool car though from pretty much the FIA WEC's low point with only a 3-4 cars in the two top classes

I use level 6 for free play.

Anyone else hoping for a rather spectacular update next month in connection with the Xbox showcase? Or am I just on hopium?😂

At least we do know that there will be a new track added.

Happy Mood GIF by Pudgy Penguins
After the lack of real content in this last update I do hope they drop some good stuff for Update 9. And it would probably be the same week as the Xbox showcase but I don't see any real tie in with that. As far as a track rumors are saying it could be Sebring which I hope because it's an important part of motorsport especially here in America and it's a little overdue but it could even be Road Atlanta or some other track. As for cars who knows what T10 will do there besides most likely 4 more recycles and maybe 1 or 2 new ones, another Ginetta which wouldnt be too bad either. Would be nice if they flex the IMSA partnership more though whether its classic or modern...we'll see. More touches to the AI and the graphics is always welcomed and I expect that too. One of these updates though I hope they do a sound overhaul, it's getting ridiculous with many of these cars sounding flat, quiet or plain wrong.

Several games (Sims) have been announcing various lmdh like the bmw, porsche and cadillac etc and the mustang gt3 as well.

I would hope we see them in FM too, especially since it's le man season (and xbox is an official le man partner this year, just like the last 10 or so)
Screenshot_20240528_202555_Chrome.jpg

FM and XBox were also sponsors at Bathurst, and we are yet to see that track in game
Screenshot_20240528_202805_WhatsApp.jpg

the mustang gt3 as well.

FM and XBox were also sponsors at Bathurst, and we are yet to see that track in game
View attachment 1359405

I'll be a happy Larry if these 2 are added, I think the only thing against Bathurst is that it's against the grain in terms of track types they have been trying to include, I worry that they won't include it in the multiplayer rotation as it could turn to carnage up and over the hill. Hopefully with any new updates to the penalty system and the promised radar it will be able to be included.

Our league is getting ready to do an Alpine A110 Cup and Ligier LMP3 multiclass season (unfortunately with only 1 French track to fit the theme) so I was getting some liveries ready when I noticed something positive whilst transferring an old Alfa Romeo livery I made in FM7 over to it. (Okay, it's not an Alfa or Italian, but ALPIne, ALPIlatte...)

IxMorbidxI_ForzaMotorsport_20240522_06-11-57.png

We can make white wheels again without having to import them from FM7! Not that I use white wheels often, but there are certain liveries that just seem like they were meant to have them.

Meant I could also fix my Audi GTO that had been stuck with silver wheels up until this point.
Ded Bull GTO.jpg

Dunno when they fixed it as I don't remember seeing it in the patch notes.

Last edited:
Back