Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,695 comments
October is only 4 months away. They'll have to start latest by July. Besides starfield is supposed to get pre order and pricing information on the showcase (which got leaked ofc).

I hope to God, they drop info like Playground Games did for fh5, with bi weekly streams instead of once a month articles.

From here on, we should have a racing game every month or so right?

F1 in June
Wrc in july
F1 manager in August
FM in Oct
TDU SC and The crew might be Q4 (Oct to dec)
Rennsport
Le Man Ultimate
After this whole "coming months" disaster, I really REALLY hope they do like PGG and give us atleast monthly updates on what we can expect. Right now I don't really have any reason to buy it and I'll probably just be playing on gamepass unless they can sell me on it.

I was thinking how forza could release on a tuesday but, 10 oct (Tuesday) could be the actual release and 6 Oct (Friday) could be ultimate edition release.

then it matches fh5 (5 nov (friday) was premium edition and 9th nov (tuesday) was normal release)

Think they'll talk about preorders during the showcase
Likely that pre-sales start soon after showcase
FH4 and FH5 pre-sales had started as soon showcase ended

I really REALLY hope they do like PGG and give us atleast monthly updates on what we can expect
I hope to God, they drop info like Playground Games did for fh5, with bi weekly streams instead of once a month articles.

Likely they will start talking on Forza Monthlies, actually they will start doing it from this week, talking about the single player career mode

Last edited:
The single player is what i want to hear about the most. I really hope they bring back class racing in career mode where you could race any car you wanted in that class as long as your pi is right, have not been in forza since fm5, i think its shame if we only can use one car per race series like fm7, i know forza strong side has not been the career mode, but we know it has been better in previous titles, right now there is nothing for me that excites me to buy it day one at full price, if i see a return of that older forza career mode i think its going to be day one buy

The single player is what i want to hear about the most. I really hope they bring back class racing in career mode where you could race any car you wanted in that class as long as your pi is right, have not been in forza since fm5, i think its shame if we only can use one car per race series like fm7, i know forza strong side has not been the career mode, but we know it has been better in previous titles, right now there is nothing for me that excites me to buy it day one at full price, if i see a return of that older forza career mode i think its going to be day one buy
To be fair to T10 you could at least change cars between races in a series, I thought that was a neat touch. And while I get where you and other fans are coming from, they'll never please everybody. Personally, I would love something like Project cars. But while PC2's career makes sense, having track day/road car races for each 'class' before the 'professional' ones would be amazing, and also the option to do historic stuff first and not having to unlock them.

I think I'm gonna miss PC's multiple liveries for cars, and while T10 did show a single-make race in the first trailer with different liveries I'm not sure they'll carry that across the game and some of the fan made 'goofy' liveries kill Forza for me at times. Putting a USAF livery on a Shelby Daytona should be a bannable offense lol

Last edited:
To be fair to T10 you could at least change cars between races in a series, I thought that was a neat touch. And while I get where you and other fans are coming from, they'll never please everybody. Personally, I would love something like Project cars. But while PC2's career makes sense, having track day/road car races for each 'class' before the 'professional' ones would be amazing, and also the option to do historic stuff first and not having to unlock them.

I think I'm gonna miss PC's multiple liveries for cars, and while T10 did show a single-make race in the first trailer with different liveries I'm not sure they'll carry that across the game and some of the fan made 'goofy' liveries kill Forza for me at times. Putting a USAF livery on a Shelby Daytona should be a bannable offense lol
I want it to actully so you work towards the better cars, as you progress, project cars games never did it for me as their was no progression involving the cars, and no option to customize or upgrade cars as you get more money, project cars 3 did it but it went to arcade instead and it didin’t do it as well with that system as gran turismo and forza games do

I want it to actully so you work towards the better cars, as you progress, project cars games never did it for me as their was no progression involving the cars, and no option to customize or upgrade cars as you get more money, project cars 3 did it but it went to arcade instead and it didin’t do it as well with that system as gran turismo and forza games do
Yeah PC3 was a missed opportunity. But I still think you could combine PC with GT/Forza ideas with the option to buy and upgrade cars. But I'll guess we'll see what they've come up with.

One thing I would like to see.
In custom race they should give the option to choose one by one the cars that we want to be eligible.

In FH I can recreate for example a Group A grid with M3 E30, GT-R 32, Sierra and 190E but in FM not.

Also don't like to see GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1 and GTE/GTLM together. Giving us that option we could fix it somehow.

That will all depend on whether they stick to homologation per vehicle category, or back to PI classes.

One thing I would like to see.
In custom race they should give the option to choose one by one the cars that we want to be eligible.

In FH I can recreate for example a Group A grid with M3 E30, GT-R 32, Sierra and 190E but in FM not.

Also don't like to see GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1 and GTE/GTLM together. Giving us that option we could fix it somehow.
God yes. This is something I'd love to see in just about every racing game ever released, but so rarely is it included. Project CARS 2 and Assetto Corsa do it, kind of.

Make 'custom races' actually properly custom, please!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm more concerned with single player mode. But I don't do career. I'm interested in having more options for my single races. Where I start in the grid, a sliding AI strength/aggression scale, better AI behavior, etc. Also getting the classes better organized.

I know people here have various ideas
I really recommend people go voice their ideas and concepts on the Suggestions Hub on Forza Forums, they directly hear the feedback and try update the game with base on it

FH5 updates latery are based mostly on the votes of people there, i think FM will be like that too

I know people here have various ideas
I really recommend people go voice their ideas and concepts on the Suggestions Hub on Forza Forums, they directly hear the feedback and try update the game with base on it

FH5 updates latery are based mostly on the votes of people there, i think FM will be like that too
Can't recommend the suggestions hub enough, they seem to actually be listening to things that are posted there, and voted on.

Also, showcase is tomorrow but try not to get your hopes up.

People bringing up the Forza Forums brought up some memories.

I'm really happy that we have GTPlanet, how great the community and staff is here, but man... I do miss ForzaCentral.

You don't have to buy it day one at full price.

Get one month of Game Pass in October for a few bucks...

Last edited:
Also, showcase is tomorrow but try not to get your hopes up.
It will be great 3 days for us

Showcase - Sunday
Forza Monthly + Showcase Extended - Thuesday

Even i have GamePass, i still try get ultimate edition beacuse i like to support the PGG and T10 devs, even when the game is "weak" they still manage get games like nobody else, also the free updates are a thing that i cant see nobody else, specially in a era where everyhing is a stupid battle pass

People bringing up the Forza Forums brought up some memories.

I'm really happy that we have GTPlanet, how great the community and staff is here, but man... I do miss ForzaCentral.

As soon as you dont have gamepass anymore you cant access the game, i feel better buying the games i want, so i can decide how long i will play them
It will be great 3 days for us

Showcase - Sunday
Forza Monthly + Showcase Extended - Thuesday

Even i have GamePass, i still try get ultimate edition beacuse i like to support the PGG and T10 devs, even when the game is "weak" they still manage get games like nobody else, also the free updates are a thing that i cant see nobody else, specially in a era where everyhing is a stupid battle pass
Gran turismo also have free updates but not many in the buisness offer free cars or Tracks,

As soon as you dont have gamepass anymore you cant access the game, i feel better buying the games i want, so i can decide how long i will play them

Gran turismo also have free updates but not many in the buisness offer free cars or Tracks,
EDIT- My tone may have been a bit harsh originally.

I don't really understand complaining about paying full price when an option exists to play the full game for a small fee. You can then purchase the game if you decide it is worth the money to you.

Gamepass also gives you access to many other games that you would have likely never given a chance in the first place.

Last edited:
Plan to purchase FM8 this Oct. Which version should be the right one ? No Xbox only PC now.
FM8 doesn't have a release date (yet), but if you want the complete package, you'll have to pay a much more handsome price (presumably $119.99 plus tax) for the best possible edition, provided they still go with that formula.

Better hope they don't waste all the presentation with graphics blurb. Hopefully a solid release date too.
EDIT: Yep, October 10th.

Last edited:
f319219b2d549b9340eacae07f6055e1c51844af.gif

Back