Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,703 comments
Screenshot 2023-06-11 231028.png

Gonna need some pause-button wizards to deduce what all those Group C prototypes and '70s/'80s IMSA cars are that we see for a fraction of a second. Also pretty geeked to hear about the race strategy they're incorporating, and hopefully more cars than just the E-Ray will have that advanced level of new custom body panel detailing. (Note the multiple wing options...)

1686505751098.png

Looks the same as every other forza to me, at least based on what's been shown so far.

Same home screen and options, same pre race cinematic, same PI system, same upgrade options, it's just the same but looks nicer.

I hope to god T10 are holding a lot of stuff back we're yet to see but so far underwhelmed is an understatement.

Gonna need some pause-button wizards to deduce what all those Group C prototypes and '70s/'80s IMSA cars are that we see for a fraction of a second. Also pretty geeked to hear about the race strategy they're incorporating, and hopefully more cars than just the E-Ray will have that advanced level of new custom body panel detailing. (Note the multiple wing options...)

View attachment 1264264
Now I just hope this means multiple of these things for each car (or most of them anyway).

October is a nice month for racing. And I really don't care about expectations anymore. Will buy the early access anyway.
Ok, will wait for more info on Tuesday. But I'm basically sold. 😅
Same. I was very impressed with what I saw. It looks very clean in the menus and, one that Forza fans long since complained about, pit crews! Don't know how one would think this "looks" the same unless they were expecting a revolution, as perusal. Can't wait to hear more! At least it defeats FM7 in polish alone. Ahhh, so refreshing to have a brand new Forza Motorsport finally come out soon. About time GT7 got some competition as it was riding the waves for far too long.

Like what did some of you guys expect like seriously. Ofcourse the game will have similarity to the previous games, its called Forza Motorsport for a reason lol. They added tons of actuall racing stuff and upgrades to tuning and upgrades with all the other enhancements like physics, graphics, sound, dynamic tod and weather on all tracks and menu's. If you expected Forza to turn in to ACC or any other hardcore sim than you guys had unrealistic expectations. I don't want Forza to be another classic hardcore racing sim, Forza is Forza and they should keep it that way. Thats the reason we loved this series for soo many years.

Ofcourse the game will have similarity to the previous games, its called Forza Motorsport for a reason lol
That reason being it's a reboot of the series - and not a sequel, which is why it's not called Forza Motorsport 8 - according to T10/MS.

With that in mind, I don't think you can be too harsh on people who were expecting something a bit more... rebooty and a bit less polished-FM7.

If the game is coming in October preorders should go up soon.

what are the bets on game size? FM7 was 100GB and FH5 with expansions 130GB. I say FM8 will hit 150GB...

That reason being it's a reboot of the series - and not a sequel, which is why it's not called Forza Motorsport 8 - according to T10/MS.

With that in mind, I don't think you can be too harsh on people who were expecting something a bit more... rebooty and a bit less polished-FM7.
But the focus on the actuall racing and all the other racing related stuff is the part of the reboot. Its not just a pretier FM7 with more polish. The main focus of the game changed from car collector to actuall advanced racer. Thats what they meant with rebooting the serie, they always wanted to keep the Forza identity. Even the improved physics will still have that Forza feeling as they described.

Back