Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,684 comments
If the top version incl. DLCs, Carpass, VIP will be available for ~65 bucks digital in Iceland or Hungary I'll preorder like the last 4-5 FM/FHs. If not I'll use gamepass first and buy it cheaper later. I won't pay the standard 100+ bucks for a gamepass title but would pay it without it beeing in gamepass from launch.

Last edited:
If the top version incl. DLCs, Carpass, VIP will be available for ~65 bucks digital in Iceland or Hungary I'll preorder like the last 4-5 FM/FHs. If not I'll use gamepass first and buy it cheaper later. I won't pay the standard 100+ bucks for a gamepass title but would pay it without it beeing in gamepass from launch.

I'm hoping they'll do what they did for FH5 and have an ultimate edition for GamePass, that worked out to be a sweet deal.

well tbh we don't have much to go off atm, we've actually SEEN the car models, we have heard **** all about the super important stuff as of now
I'm just wondering why T10 can't talk about the other stuff besides "from the ground up", graphics and so forth. You'd think we got past that last year when Chris said he have a lot more to talk about in 2023. It has become super irritating because we're waited long enough now. Ugh...
Have people not been begging for Fujimi Kaido to return for years now?
Absolutely. The issue though, imo anyway, is that the only folks who want that track back are mainly the JDM/drift bros. And although that is one of the tracks I would love to have back, I would much prefer fantasy circuits that are best suited for racing. Don't get me wrong, Fujimi Kaido can sometimes be good for racing too. But I for me, not so much, especially online. That's just me, lol.

I'm just wondering why T10 can't talk about the other stuff besides "from the ground up", graphics and so forth. You'd think we got past that last year when Chris said he have a lot more to talk about in 2023. It has become super irritating because we're waited long enough now. Ugh...

Absolutely. The issue though, imo anyway, is that the only folks who want that track back are mainly the JDM/drift bros. And although that is one of the tracks I would love to have back, I would much prefer fantasy circuits that are best suited for racing. Don't get me wrong, Fujimi Kaido can sometimes be good for racing too. But I for me, not so much, especially online. That's just me, lol.
I raced my friend on that track all the time with slow D/C class cars. It was soo much fun with all the elevations and small corners. Its really a great track for some technical racing with slow cars against small grid. And ofcourse its the ultimate drifters paradise.

I raced my friend on that track all the time with slow D/C class cars. It was soo much fun with all the elevations and small corners. Its really a great track for some technical racing with slow cars against small grid. And ofcourse its the ultimate drifters paradise.
Man! I can only imagine what it would be like to race on Fujimi again. I want to drive those D/C class cars on it too now. :D

And now a serious question to you guys: Who intends to get FM(8) simply via Gamepass versus buying it outright?

I will buy the biggest edition. Because thats what i do with every Forza game since 2008. I love the games because for me they always deliver and never disappoint and so i support them as much as i can.😎

Last edited:
All this hype about Fujimi Kaido... while I just want the Nürburgring (especially the Nordschleife and Nürburgring 24h layouts) and Le Mans to carry over, alongside city tracks to return like New York and Tokyo.

Out of all city tracks, I think New York and Tokyo have a good chance, especially given Microsoft has a flagship store or experience center in Fifth Avenue (and I'm not just saying this because it's my other home, as well), and that in recent years, the Xbox brand has been picking up more popularity than before in the Japanese market, according to small talk.

Last edited:
All this hype about Fujimi Kaido
Would be nice to have but personally i mostly miss from the fictional tracks: Iberian International Circuit, Ladera Test Track, Camino Viejo de Montserrat with the Extreme layout combining all 3 of them and of course Sedona Raceway which was also a really nice environment with lots of cool layouts. And yea New York but the early games versions in full lenght not that boring tiny short one :D

Last edited:
All this hype about Fujimi Kaido... while I just want the Nürburgring (especially the Nordschleife and Nürburgring 24h layouts) and Le Mans to carry over, alongside city tracks to return like New York and Tokyo.

Out of all city tracks, I think New York and Tokyo have a good chance, especially given Microsoft has a store or experience center in Fifth Avenue (and I'm not just saying this because it's my other home, as well), and that in recent years, the Xbox brand has been picking up more popularity than before in the Japanese market, according to small talk.
Nürburgring is in the footage, and frankly i don't see them dropping it after the whole FM5 incident. Le Mans would be a weird one to drop especially after all the focus on Endurance racing (and the potential both of these have as historic circuits, like they did for Laguna Seca). Monza Oval would also be nice as a historic circuit.

Last edited:
Well ever since FH3's ultimate edition, all of the most expensive Forza editions I've bought via the Windows Store (for cross play) have been €100, for which you get VIP, welcome pack, car pass and future DLC.

So far €100 has bought pretty much all post-release DLC, although for example in FH4 you did have to pay extra for the Hot Wheels pack which was released later.

Still, so far every Forza ultimate/premium edition I've paid for has been excellent value for money. I will continue to support T10/PG based on their track record.

Last edited:
Well ever since FH3's ultimate edition, all of the most expensive Forza editions I've bought via the Windows Store (for cross play) have been €100, for which you get VIP, welcome pack, car pass and future DLC.

So far €100 has bought pretty much all post-release DLC, although for example in FH4 you did have to pay extra for the Hot Wheels pack which was released later.

Still, so far every Forza ultimate/premium edition I've paid for has been excellent value for money. I will continue to support T10/PG based on their track record.

Agreed, I've never felt Short changed getting the ultimate edition. Especially with FH5, with it being added to GamePass and buying the premium add on bundle, cost like £40 I think, even included the early access. The return for that outlay was amazing.

The biggest thing for me is I hope the AI difficulty is consistent across all tracks, that has been a major flaw with so many racing games including the last FM. As for using old car models, I wouldn't mind in terms of graphics but I noticed with the last game the chase cam view is different with those and they can look odd. So hope that isn't the case again.

And now a serious question to you guys: Who intends to get FM(8) simply via Gamepass versus buying it outright?
Forza is one of my faves that I buy Day One, much like Resident Evil. Whatever the "Ultimate" version is, I'll get. I participate in MS Rewards doing the daily "tasks" on PC and Xbox building up points. I have about 180,000+ pts currently, you need 91,000 (level 2) for $100. That'll pay for it. 👍

Last edited:
You guys do realise that we live in the Gamepass era now, right?
I fully expect all their PR pre-launch to focus on the shiny and exciting aspects, because they want those (tens of) millions of gamepass downloads to achieve their sales targets.

I'm totally getting the ultimate/premuim edition. The amount content T10 & PG put into these editions, to me, always felt like it was worth it. And also because I love supporting them. :)

You guys do realise that we live in the Gamepass era now, right?
I fully expect all their PR pre-launch to focus on the shiny and exciting aspects, because they want those (tens of) millions of gamepass downloads to achieve their sales targets.

Depends on if they offer an Ultimate game adding bundle like with FH5. I mentioned in the other thread how good that was. So I'll get it on gamepass if that is offered again. If not, I'll buy the ultimate edition.

I bought the Premium Addons Pack for FH5 for the same reason
I’m not passing up all DLC and the full car pass, plus early access and VIP for just £40
I agree with this pretty much - my only gripe is that the FH5 DLC add-ons have been streeeeetched out so far from release that it feels like they owe us all interest. £40 was worth a lot more when FH5 was released than it is now lol...! If they do the same for FMnot8, we'll be waiting till early 2025 for half the DLC, assuming a release in Q3/Q4 2023.

I agree with this pretty much - my only gripe is that the FH5 DLC add-ons have been streeeeetched out so far from release that it feels like they owe us all interest. £40 was worth a lot more when FH5 was released than it is now lol...! If they do the same for FMnot8, we'll be waiting till early 2025 for half the DLC, assuming a release in Q3/Q4 2023.
Wouldn't that make it you owe them interest? lol Put another way, if they had adjusted for inflation, somehow, when the game was originally released, that same premium would have been more like £55. You locked in a good rate.

Nürburgring is in the footage, and frankly i don't see them dropping it after the whole FM5 incident. Le Mans would be a weird one to drop especially after all the focus on Endurance racing (and the potential both of these have as historic circuits, like they did for Laguna Seca). Monza Oval would also be nice as a historic circuit.
There is the whole "exclusive" nonsense going on with MSG though... isn't a WEC game still one of those? Would certainly hope that wouldn't mean the track isn't renewed for other games, but since we haven't had a new release for for Le Mans anywhere since the MSG thing, I can't say it would surprise me if it was gone.

A vintage version would be great though, the vintage one they added to PC2 was excellent and so much more exciting than the modern one. Leaving pitlane and getting up to speed down in between the two embankments somehow feels 100x more epic than the current turn 1 and chicane combo.

Although if vintage cars still require Forza's wank clutch mechanic to be remotely fast, that will kill a lot of my enthusiasm for the vintage tracks.

I was thinking about the FM(8) tracks, and realised that the track list could almost completely encompass the entire Intercontinental GT list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_GT_Challenge

• Bathurst
  • Spa
  • Sepang (this is unlikely)
  • Suzuka
  • Laguna Seca
  • Kyalami
  • Indianapolis
  • Yas Marina

I could see them potentially tying in by licensing all the appropriate current (and slightly older) GT3 models and making sure that endurance works (pit stops, weather, time of day, track rubbering in).

I was thinking about the FM(8) tracks, and realised that the track list could almost completely encompass the entire Intercontinental GT list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_GT_Challenge

• Bathurst
  • Spa
  • Sepang (this is unlikely)
  • Suzuka
  • Laguna Seca
  • Kyalami
  • Indianapolis
  • Yas Marina

I could see them potentially tying in by licensing all the appropriate current (and slightly older) GT3 models and making sure that endurance works (pit stops, weather, time of day, track rubbering in).
I would say Assetto Corsa Competizione has that license locked up. Besides Sepang and Yas Marina, all of the other tracks are in ACC and they have an "Intercontinental GT Pack". ACC is the official game of the GT World Challenge if I'm not mistaken.

Aside from the ACC thing, T10 have been pretty bad at getting current/relevant race cars, although late FM7 did show they are maybe trying a bit with the Audi TCR and BMW M8 GTE and stuff. At the rate they go though, we would probably get most of the field of 2022 GT3 cars around the time Forza Motorsport 9 is launching in 2028.

Most of the new race cars we have seen coming to the game are already pretty outdated or even fully retired. To be fair to T10 it can't be easy to stay on top of the evo models and, assuming they are going to continue the goofy mash-up of GT3/GT4/GTE/GT2/GT1/ST in their "Forza GT" division, then they probably don't even care or think it's worth it as you will just have to Forza-fy them by upgrading or restricting them anyways so whether or not they are the same year/specification doesn't really matter if that's the case.

Aside from the ACC thing, T10 have been pretty bad at getting current/relevant race cars, although late FM7 did show they are maybe trying a bit with the Audi TCR and BMW M8 GTE and stuff. At the rate they go though, we would probably get most of the field of 2022 GT3 cars around the time Forza Motorsport 9 is launching in 2028.

Most of the new race cars we have seen coming to the game are already pretty outdated or even fully retired. To be fair to T10 it can't be easy to stay on top of the evo models and, assuming they are going to continue the goofy mash-up of GT3/GT4/GTE/GT2/GT1/ST in their "Forza GT" division, then they probably don't even care or think it's worth it as you will just have to Forza-fy them by upgrading or restricting them anyways so whether or not they are the same year/specification doesn't really matter if that's the case.
I get the feeling when it comes to race cars Turn 10 are kind of left picking up the scraps after the officially licensed games take theirs. Also I think they prefer to spend the bulk of their licensing budget on road cars, since that's what their physics engine handles best anyways.

They really, realy need to upgrade their engine to add modern features of cars though. They are still cruising on basically Forza Motorsport 4's physics engine, which was fine for up to 2011 cars. But a lot has changed since then.

(yes, I'm aware of ACC's licenses since I own ACC and almost all of it's DLC)

I was just thinking that adding Kyalami gets them closer than ever to having all the big endurance race circuits, especially if you include Sebring, Daytona, Nurburgring and Le Mans. It would be a real shame for them to be so close and not give us the tools for endurance racing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Le Mans and Indianapolis don't make it to Forza Motorsport, given the existence of Motorsport Games.

Let's not forget that 17 locations from Forza Motorsport 7 will not make the jump over to Forza Motorsport. Those "cuts"* have to come from somewhere.

*Technically they wouldn't have been "cut" as a new game isn't simply a case of taking an old one and adding/deleting content.
Just because something appears in one game doesn't mean that it's a guarantee it'll appear in every subsequent game.

Last edited:

Turn 10 Studios did manage to get one DTM car (2013 BMW M3 E92 DTM) for Forza Motorsport 5, but I guess they weren't able to do that for any later Forza game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Le Mans and Indianapolis don't make it to Forza Motorsport, given the existence of Motorsport Games.

Let's not forget that 17 locations from Forza Motorsport 7 will not make the jump over to Forza Motorsport. Those "cuts"* have to come from somewhere.

*Technically they wouldn't have been "cut" as a new game isn't simply a case of taking an old one and adding/deleting content.
Just because something appears in one game doesn't mean that it's a guarantee it'll appear in every subsequent game.
You are probably right, it's just that in a world where Horizon gives us small roads, short circuits and short duration events I have this irrational desire for Motorsport to focus on the big endurance tracks and the ability to properly race for longer durations. It maximises it's value compared to the bigger and showier cousin.

Back