Forza Motorsport Update 3 Out Now: Hockenheimring, Contemporary Tour, New Cars and More

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
Still a bug. The voice that presentates the Yas Marina racing circuit is still stuck in Spanish language since it’s release (all other circuits are translated, in French in my case).

Oh good the Huayra R has surfaced, and both Huracan Supertrofeo are set to appear as well. Now it’s waiting for both 935’s and the CLK-GTR and Lotus Elise GT1. Hopefully the Zonda R appears with the Nordschleife (spelling?) update as well…

I am excited and also feel a sense of anticipation. But I still don't think I'll be happy with the game in the end.
I just don't develop a feeling for the driving behavior of most of the cars (I play with a steering wheel) and the opponents are too aggressive or too stupid, they make so many braking mistakes...
Most of the time it feels less like fun and more like work until you finally reach a level where you have unlocked enough settings to make the car drivable. Only to have to choose a new car 1 race later. 😅🫣

Wishlist:
I hope for fixes to the Ai (will probably take some time) and would like a general overhaul of the physics and an improved speed feeling. 100km/h feels more like 40km/h.

Nice track. Too bad they didn`t include the old track. Old Hockenheim+Le Mans Mulsanne+Northscleife.. :cool:
I think their attempt at "vintage" Laguna Seca has shown they aren't actually going to put in any effort to bringing us old layouts.

The dream for vintage long Spa and Monza with the oval died before I made it to turn 2 on my first lap at Laguna Seca "short."

I think their attempt at "vintage" Laguna Seca has shown they aren't actually going to put in any effort to bringing us old layouts.

The dream for vintage long Spa and Monza with the oval died before I made it to turn 2 on my first lap at Laguna Seca "short."
Did they every come out and say they were going to make and give us a vintage Laguna Seca in the first place? I don't remember that.
They'd have to build a whole new track in order for that to happen. It's really not the same track in a lot of areas and the tracks assets would need to be completely different.

Did they every come out and say they were going to make and give us a vintage Laguna Seca in the first place? I don't remember that.
They'd have to build a whole new track in order for that to happen. It's really not the same track in a lot of areas and the tracks assets would need to be completely different.
If i remember right it was mentioned very briefly and indirectly during one of the Forza Monthly things, I believe the wording was "a sort of classic layout for a fan favorite track" or something like that. Was also mentioned by some of the people who played the preview, again pretty vaguely.

It was definitely being a bit optimistic to hope for a real vintage layout, but games like PC2 and AC have vintage layouts for multiple tracks so it didn't seem too unreasonable to hope we might get one/some too.

So far the performance for me is more stable on Series X. The framerate used to dive really bad when you'd go to View Car with cars that had the ability to open hood/trunks etc. Now it's 99.9% smooth. I'll have to check it out again as I was still waking up this morning before work when I booted up the game

I'm glad the fixed the bug for selling reward cars, but I still am not able to get the Lambo Sesto needed for the Reward Showcase. Is there not a way to get the car back? I have even restarted the previous series of races and completed it again, but the car is still not being presented again...

Nice track. Too bad they didn`t include the old track. Old Hockenheim+Le Mans Mulsanne+Northscleife.. :cool:
Sadly it seems that they will recreate "old" (more like, "nostalgic") track layouts only when the old sections of the tracks still exist and can be integrated with the present-day circuit layout. In the case of Laguna Seca the old surface connecting turn 2 and 5 was kept as as service road, so bringing back the late-80s layout was relatively easy. But the Ostkurve at Hockenheim is only suitable for lawnmower racing nowadays, and IIRC they would have to remove some stands to even access the old straight leading to the Clark from the Nordkurve...

Honestly, it's a reasonable approach - I'd love to drive some of the cars we have in game around some vintage tracks, but bringing those back to life to a reasonable degree of accuracy is a massive undertaking, and I'd wager the people who would enjoy them are a small minority of the Forza Motorsport player base.

P.S. here's a nice onboard from 1987, with Geoff Brabham wheeling a Champ Car around the layout we now know as "Laguna Seca Short". Unlike us, he didn't have to content with any murderous sausage kerbs...

Last edited:
Really hoping we get more events for the Racecars on the single-player events. Feels like I've got a ton of them in my garage but I don't get to use them because they're only for Multiplayer or Free Play while all the Single-player stuff is Road Car focused.

Last edited:
I wonder if the PC performance is still ass. It's a discrace but not unexpected in 2023 🤡
Its better but still from 120fps to 55fps on my systeem. It feels smoother but far from how It should be….. one day i hope a stable fps no matter what the number is at this point haha but iT needs to be stable!

7900XTX and 7800X3D

Went from 30mill credits to 300,000 credits. Done 1 race after I realised then uninstalled the game wont be playing this game again. It still has a lot of bugs on pc that should have been fixed before removing all my credits.
I went from 48 mill to 2.7 and I was thinking "wow, I supported them during the run up to release and I defended them when people were criticizing them".

If it's a bug that's existed for multiple iterations of the game, they should be embarrassed that they were caught in a lie but instead they decide to double down on bad will🙄

Not sure what they gain by this. I'm no longer a supporter. They already have my money so I don't think they care that I'm not playing anymore but it's really a bad look for them.

Went from 30mill credits to 300,000 credits. Done 1 race after I realised then uninstalled the game wont be playing this game again. It still has a lot of bugs on pc that should have been fixed before removing all my credits.

I went from 48 mill to 2.7 and I was thinking "wow, I supported them during the run up to release and I defended them when people were criticizing them".

If it's a bug that's existed for multiple iterations of the game, they should be embarrassed that they were caught in a lie but instead they decide to double down on bad will🙄

Not sure what they gain by this. I'm no longer a supporter. They already have my money so I don't think they care that I'm not playing anymore but it's really a bad look for them.
Isn't that just due to the consequences of peoples actions?

Is it? Or is it a consequence of using a feature that existed throughout the whole life of FM7 and was brought to this built from the ground up game for us to use? How long was FM7 out for?
It's a good debate for sure.
I mean, I doubt it's that, but sure, anything can be up for debate. We're both just guessing, as we have no idea what players have done to get their credits rolled back unless they specifically state exactly what they did.

I mean, I doubt it's that, but sure, anything can be up for debate. We're both just guessing, as we have no idea what players have done to get their credits rolled back unless they specifically state exactly what they did.
I can tell you exactly what I did. I took an Audi GTO, went to Le Mans no chicane or Indy Oval, lowered the gears, went down the straight, paused, reset the gears the opposite way, rewound multiple times until I couldn't anymore, unpaused and watched the car go absolutely bonkers with the wheels spinning like mad.

That's what it is. Got millions of credits, bought all the cars. Driver level 3400 or something like that. Somehow all of the sudden this is an issue though and it never was in FM7. That's the problem. They didn't care in FM7, they didn't care when they brought it over from FM7 in the first place. But out of nowhere, they can fix this when the game has so many other issues that ae more important. I know people who can't even play the game they paid for because it won't even start. It won't get passed the splash scream. They paid for this. Don't see any updates for that coming anytime soon.

By the way, what's hilarious is that they reverted my driver level to 1, negating all my driver XP, and then later I turn on FM and my driver rating is back at ~400 3 star. What are they even doing? lol
I can accept taking my 13 mil and reducing it to 300k, whatever, I can accept resetting my driver level. Really, who cares, it has no real consequence. But then they cave on peoples driver levels after they said they were going to reset them? 😆

Edit: Here you go:

Last edited:
I can tell you exactly what I did. I took an Audi GTO, went to Le Mans no chicane or Indy Oval, lowered the gears, went down the straight, paused, reset the gears the opposite way, rewound multiple times until I couldn't anymore, unpaused and watched the car go absolutely bonkers with the wheels spinning like mad.

That's what it is. Got millions of credits, bought all the cars. Driver level 3400 or something like that. Somehow all of the sudden this is an issue though and it never was in FM7. That's the problem. They didn't care in FM7, they didn't care when they brought it over from FM7 in the first place. But out of nowhere, they can fix this when the game has so many other issues that ae more important. I know people who can't even play the game they paid for because it won't even start. It won't get passed the splash scream. They paid for this. Don't see any updates for that coming anytime soon.

By the way, what's hilarious is that they reverted my driver level to 1, negating all my driver XP, and then later I turn on FM and my driver rating is back at ~400 3 star. What are they even doing? lol
I can accept taking my 13 mil and reducing it to 300k, whatever, I can accept resetting my driver level. Really, who cares, it has no real consequence. But then they cave on peoples driver levels after they said they were going to reset them? 😆
Ah so sounds like exactly what was noted, using methods that doesn't follow how they feel like things should happen. Every game has their own view on this, GT bans people for driving like **** heads in sport mode, among other things. While your method doesn't sound outright dishonest like I've seen other exploits, it likely got lumped in with them due to the sheer amount of XP/credits acquired. That's the problem, it was massively over-abused it sounds like and honestly should have been done in moderation so it wouldnt have been caught in with those that are actually screwing things up. Level 3400 in a span of 2 months sounds absolutely ridiculous in the grand scheme of things and should be bit obvious why you got lumped in, no offense.

As for them caring now and not before, the whole structure of XP and credits have changed, so obviously they're going to view it differently now, especially with the ****** car XP method in place. Ideals shift, don't expect them to remain constant, ever.

Ah so sounds like exactly what was noted, using methods that doesn't follow how they feel like things should happen. Every game has their own view on this, GT bans people for driving like **** heads in sport mode, among other things. While your method doesn't sound outright dishonest like I've seen other exploits, it likely got lumped in with them due to the sheer amount of XP/credits acquired. That's the problem, it was massively over-abused it sounds like and honestly should have been done in moderation so it wouldnt have been caught in with those that are actually screwing things up. Level 3400 in a span of 2 months sounds absolutely ridiculous in the grand scheme of things and should be bit obvious why you got lumped in, no offense.

As for them caring now and not before, the whole structure of XP and credits have changed, so obviously they're going to view it differently now, especially with the ****** car XP method in place. Ideals shift, don't expect them to remain constant, ever.
You are correct. I agree. It served it's purpose and I laugh about it. They let us actually get away with it in a sense. I used the Tomahawk glitch in GT7 to get cars, I used this Audi glitch to get cars in FM. That's all I wanted, I don't have hours on end to grind for all the cars and coming from a PC Sim background, I enjoy having the cars outright. I abused the system.
I'll take my handcuffs and light sentencing.

You are correct. I agree. It served it's purpose and I laugh about it. They let us actually get away with it in a sense. I used the Tomahawk glitch in GT7 to get cars, I used this Audi glitch to get cars in FM. That's all I wanted, I don't have hours on end to grind for all the cars and coming from a PC Sim background, I enjoy having the cars outright. I abused the system.
I'll take my handcuffs and light sentencing.
I honestly would have been right there with you using exploits like that, it's just that I haven't been fond of this iteration much at all and have not played it since launch week for a handful of reason. Like you I don't have all the that time available. We just gotta learn where to draw a line on when it's too overdone. I would have taken advantage of the recent GT7 Abarth exploit but I was too hooked on Destiny 2 to bother.

What are the chances that we can get the updated IndyCars back in the game now that their deal with Motorsport Games is dead? They already announced they would be welcomed back in iRacing but nothing about console games.... Shouldn't be too difficult, considering they are already in FM7....

Back