Forza Motorsport Update 4 Adds Daytona Oval & Road Course, Arrives January 16

• Thread starter Famine
  • 48 comments

Genuinely pretty stoked about Daytona being added. I've made both a Modern and 2010's IMSA setup for freeplay, so I'm eagerly awaiting trying those on the road course. Now all I'd like is for more of the modern IMSA GTP and LM Hypercars to be added to the game, so that the top category isn't only the Caddy.

Still pining for Turn 10 (or anyone, really) to add the St. Pete road course to a console game, even if the chances are horrifically low. And also multi-class racing in multiplayer.

Last edited:
Yeah no thanks, the percentage of American tracks is already too high. One of the worst picks to have as a returning track.
What you're saying is that the company from Washington State, USA, that are making the game, shouldn't add American tracks that interest them because there's already too many? Is that kind of like Rennsport having almost all German content? 🤔
"Worst pick". Alrighty 😄

Last edited:
What you're saying is that the company from Washington State, USA, that are making the game, shouldn't add American tracks that interest them because there's already too many? Is that kind of like Rennsport having just about all German content? which is too much, right? 🤔
"Worst pick". Alrighty 😄
Couldn't agree more. I am so hyped that Daytona is being added back in, especially with the Rolex 24 a couple of weeks away. I actually re-installed FM7 just to be able to run on the infield course, but there are hardly any updated cars to run with. Now there are a ton of the GT cars to use. Today is a good day!

Not so happy with the track, but better something then nothing...
I would like if they ensure better gamepad behavior.

What you're saying is that the company from Washington State, USA, that are making the game, shouldn't add American tracks that interest them because there's already too many? Is that kind of like Rennsport having almost all German content? 🤔
"Worst pick". Alrighty 😄
I don't think another American track is the issue, but not sure the game needed another oval based track at this stage, no matter how iconic Daytona is. I like the track and the timing makes sense in terms of motorsports, but something different like Willow Springs or Long Beach would be better for gameplay/variety at this time imho. But the same way, while I wish the Stratos was back, I'm just happy to see Lancia return and a new track.

That video is a much better and more concise way of showcasing updates than sitting through an hour long stream!
And a whole lot less awkward
laugh lol GIF by The IT Crowd

I don't think another American track is the issue, but not sure the game needed another oval based track at this stage, no matter how iconic Daytona is. I like the track and the timing makes sense in terms of motorsports, but something different like Willow Springs or Long Beach would be better for gameplay/variety at this time imho. But the same way, while I wish the Stratos was back, I'm just happy to see Lancia return and a new track.
We're starting to argue about content that most people say "should be there from day one", and in which order it's starting to come back from FM7. Chances are, if it was in FM7, it's going to be in FM. Saying it's one of the worst picks while the Rolex 24 is going to be upon us is a bit extreme, especially when the company is USA based and we very much enjoy this race over here.
This is exactly what happens when these games take away content and drip feed it back to try and create some sense of excitement to receive crumbs we've already tasted. I'm not a fan of these tactics and look at the divide it creates, even as minor as it may relatively be.

Last edited:
Why? The game is a mess since oktober now.... FIRST FIX then content not the other way around.
Fixes are arguably more important, depending on the scope and impact they will have on the gameplay, but announcing new content will generate far more interest and interaction. So you announce the new contaent to maximise the impact you can get from that first.

If they announce the content fist, any annoucnement that follows about fixes will likey get less interaction than it would have if it were announced first, but the reverse of that is also true and given content is highly likely to generate the most interation, that's the one a studio will want to lead with.

Whichever you do first will generate the "whatabout the other thing" comments from plenty of people.

The only interesting content they announced was the Car Pass cars.

Another selection of "FOMO" Live Service cars that aren't exciting at all, giving me no reason to trudge through the Single Player, and an old Track I have raced on endlessly in prior games.

Keep it up Turn10 :cheers:

The only interesting content they announced was the Car Pass cars.

Another selection of "FOMO" Live Service cars that aren't exciting at all, giving me no reason to trudge through the Single Player, and an old Track I have raced on endlessly in prior games.

Keep it up Turn10 :cheers:
Imagine next month they just surprise drop Imola on us

boom smile GIF

I find it hilarious these responses to a US track.

Just think about how many Japanese tracks are in Gran Turismo.
Or how many European tracks are in ACC.
Or how many British tracks are in pCARS 1/2.

It is actually a unique selling point in Forza to get a large selection of US tracks. Many of which are simply not in other modern racing games as proper high quality laser scans.

I find it hilarious these responses to a US track.

Just think about how many Japanese tracks are in Gran Turismo.
Or how many European tracks are in ACC.
Or how many British tracks are in pCARS 1/2.

It is actually a unique selling point in Forza to get a large selection of US tracks. Many of which are simply not in other modern racing games as proper high quality laser scans.
Gran Turismo 7 actually has more real life American tracks than Japanese. I'd love to see them add Sportsland Sugo thinking about it.

And regards to Daytona. It's okay but if they're dead set on adding another American circuit you'd think they'd want to differentiate themselves from Gran Turismo and add something like Sebring instead.

Back