Forza Motorsport Update 4 Adds Daytona Oval & Road Course, Arrives January 16

• Thread starter Famine
  • 48 comments
Gran Turismo 7 actually has more real life American tracks than Japanese. I'd love to see them add Sportsland Sugo thinking about it.

And regards to Daytona. It's okay but if they're dead set on adding another American circuit you'd think they'd want to differentiate themselves from Gran Turismo and add something like Sebring instead.
It might be delivered in time for the Sebring 12 hours.

And regards to Daytona. It's okay but if they're dead set on adding another American circuit you'd think they'd want to differentiate themselves from Gran Turismo and add something like Sebring instead.
I assume they will be bringing back most of the US circuits from FM7. Which happens to be every track on previous IMSA calendars. This year is also well represented:

1705348599040.png

Daytona probably arrived when it did due to tie-in with IMSA, as expected by everyone.

They might aim Sebring for March. Then they can relax until July (if they want to scan and deliver the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) and October for Road Atlanta.

This still leaves COTA, Sonoma and Long Beach which are all still in their catalog and could be added if they wanted.

Last edited:
Ooops, wrong picture indeed.

Ok, so Detroit and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park are both challenging since they are brand new to Forza.
On the other hand, I do expect Sebring and Road Atlanta to be added. Not sure about Long Beach although it would be nice to have back with FM23's much improved physics over FM7. The curb behaviour and track limits changes alone make a huge difference, after all.

I assume they will be bringing back most of the US circuits from FM7. Which happens to be every track on previous IMSA calendars. This year is also well represented:

View attachment 1319580

Daytona probably arrived when it did due to tie-in with IMSA, as expected by everyone.

They might aim Sebring for March. Then they can relax until July (if they want to scan and deliver the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) and October for Road Atlanta.

This still leaves COTA, Sonoma and Long Beach which are all still in their catalog and could be added if they wanted.
If that's the case let's hope they start adding a lot more of the current IMSA grid and some proper endurance races back into the game. Seems a waste not to do this if they are modelling so many of the IMSA circuits.

You pretty much have to keep this in mind just as much seeing what they're already putting in game.
1705357910998.png

They could add Spring Mountain and we could have 18 different layouts in one course including one that's over 6 miles long. :lol:

Last edited:
It really does. On top of being an insanely fast and difficult track, it's also extremely pretty and needs to be represented in more games. I think only IRacing, Ride 4 and one of the NASCAR games have it (not counting mods like in AC or Rfactor and whatnot)
"Truck Racing Championship" from a few years ago also has it, along with some other fairly "rare" tracks like Winton, Jarama, Slovakia Ring, and so on. Also a cool fantasy track called "Hungary Speedway" that is surprisingly good.

Yeah no thanks, the percentage of American tracks is already too high. One of the worst picks to have as a returning track.
I’m not a fan of ovals myself but if a game must have ONE oval track, then my favorite is by far Daytona. That is mainly for the tri-oval part. My favourite in-field circuit within an oval track is actually a fictional circuit, Crescent Valley from the GRID series has some sweet in-field corners.

One of my favourite non-oval tracks I got to know via video games is Brno (located in the Czech Republic) which is included in Project CARS 1,2 & 3.

Guess most are too young but back when EA published good games 1999 Sportscar GT had Mosport and many other US tracks (Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Vegas Roval, etc.) + lots of the 98/99 GT machinery from Porsche GT1, Merc CLK GT-R, McL F1 and Panoz to 911 993 GT2 and BMW E36 M3 to Saleen Mustangs and even Listers and a Vector, nightracing, pitstops, damage, fuel, tyrewear and 16 cars on track.

Mosport was a blast.

Last edited:
They could add Spring Mountain and we could have 18 different layouts in one course including one that's over 6 miles long. :lol:
There being a creator event at SM leading up to release got my hopes up

There being a creator event at SM leading up to release got my hopes up

If this track isnt added to the game I think thats a missed opportunity honestly. They were literally right there

Edit: and after googling this track seeing over a dozen different layouts and seeing that its part of the Trans-Ams series track roster it makes sense to add it in. Looks like a great track with tons of configurations for just about every division to race on.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back