forza "no one comepets with us"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has already been discussed in another thread, don't you think this will just turn into a flamefest. Should be closed quickly.

"I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school." He conclued, "The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes [with] us right now."

Well adding that to the Forza 3 unveiling, i get the feeling that Dan is just a bit of a loud-mouth.

It's a shame really taking pot shots at the competition, its very unprofessional.

Who Dan or toe OP? :P

It's pretty poor form from Dan IMO.

The Joystiq article and the OP is flamebait :P The Joystiq article hasn't really been put in context. If it were during an interview that they were doing, why didn't they post the whole interview? If it was someone else doing the interview, why didn't they link to the interview? If it was Dan talking to a random fan, how do we know the context of the conversation?

I'm not saying Dan didn't say that, I'm sure he did, but its poor form for Joystiq to just post that one part of a conversation without linking to everything Dan was talking about and who he was talking about when he said it. They just posted it to create waves on forums like this.

The guy does sound a bit of a dick, the comments in the article amuse me also.

I prefer it Kaz's way personally. Say nothing and smile and wait.

Sounds like grandstanding to me. It's obvious he wants to draw attention to the FORZA franchise and keep it fresh in peoples' minds after the sensory overload that was E3. Unfortunately, he's not very good a trash-talking, and it's my expeirence that anyone who needs to resort to shouting down the competition before the game - or in this case, the game's release - has got confidence issues.

MGR
Unless somebody agrees with Dan Greenwalt.....?

I do to a degree as I posted in the other thread...

To an extent I agree with what they are saying, I don't think the GT series hasn't been innovative in a long while. It's basically been more cars and more tracks with better graphics. PD haven't really added any new and exciting features, and in fact took out some awesome ones like the racing mods. However it looks like GT5 is going to change this based on the scant information we have. This should provide some stiff competition to the racing genre of gaming world, and the consumer will benefit.

Forza threads go in the Forza forum.

GT5 threads go in the GT5 forum.

Is that so tricky to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back