Forza Street Officially Announced: Free-To-Play Win10 and Mobile Title

A wise play by Microsoft, Microsoft Studios and Turn 10 Studios to further meet their audience where they are, and on all the devices at their disposal.

This seems more like a “take as little risk as possible” approach, and in that case it is a wise decision.

However, the game they chose has such a dramatically different gameplay to any of the existing Forza games. Brand identity is important, especially in such a volatile market.

Consider answering these questions:
1. What does “Forza Motorsport” mean to you as a video game?
2. How similar is the spinoff game “Forza Horizon” to “Forza Motorsport”?
3. How similar is the spinoff game “Forza Streets” to “Forza Motorsport”?

The approach I would’ve liked them to have taken is to make a more “true” racing game as a sampler for the mainline Forza games; it would be more effective as an advertisement for the series as a whole.

Last edited:
This seems more like a “take as little risk as possible” approach, and in that case it is a wise decision.

However, the game they chose has such a dramatically different gameplay to any of the existing Forza games. Brand identity is important, especially in such a volatile market.

Consider answering these questions:
1. What does “Forza Motorsport” mean to you as a video game?
2. How similar is the spinoff game “Forza Horizon” to “Forza Motorsport”?
3. How similar is the spinoff game “Forza Streets” to “Forza Motorsport”?

The approach I would’ve liked them to have taken is to make a more “true” racing game as a sampler for the mainline Forza games; it would be more effective as an advertisement for the series as a whole.

Trying to create "a more 'true' racing game as a sampler for the mainline Forza games" as you suggest may very well had been the approach Turn 10 (and other developers) would have taken 10 years ago; but, in today's environment, being more Agile, moving quickly and iterating over time is the ticket. The team could have built everything to be just as you described, but then their success in the mobile market would then hinge on such a large and time-intensive investment being successful right out the chute.

Instead, what they've essentially done is rebrand an existing title and peppered in just enough of the familiar Forza flair (vehicle mainstays, CR as currency, and PI as the performance measure) for it to qualify as part of the family. Is it going to be everyone's cup of tea? Probably not ... it sure as heck isn't mine. But, again, what they'll do is analyze the hell out of the data to gauge what interest there is and what opportunities exist.

This was by no means an attempt to drop a gem on the mobile gaming market. Rather, its a simple trolling of the waters.

The trailer is so bad.

Agree, the trailer doesn't make interested even in the slightest bit. That looks like a cheap crappy arcade street racer yadda yadda game like there are several dozens.

CBA to download this for my PC but I'll give it a try once it hits iOS. Just because it's a Forza franchise title. But I don't think this will stick with me after the first couple of minutes to give it a try.

Agree, the trailer doesn't make interested even in the slightest bit. That looks like a cheap crappy arcade street racer yadda yadda game like there are several dozens.

CBA to download this for my PC but I'll give it a try once it hits iOS. Just because it's a Forza franchise title. But I don't think this will stick with me after the first couple of minutes to give it a try.

Like having no purpose to convey. And the music is also bad. But let's hope the gameplay will be good, for a casual racing game.

lol for ****'s sake.
Yeah, definitely sucks that we aren't getting any new Forza games. Wouldn't you guys complain about the series being overstretched if they announced a new actual Forza title?

Not sure if i'm one of these guys, but, no.

Way too casual for my taste. At least give us the option to steer and operate gas and brake independently.

That's the thing, though. If the hardcore sims players don't like, they don't have to play it. They've still got Motorsport. If you're not nearly as hardcore but still like to do your own driving, there's still Horizon. But that's not the way of fandom. Find a thing to complain about and NEVER STOP.

Do you seriously think FM is a hardcore racing title for sim racers?

Last edited:
This seems to be very much the case. Unlike Diablo, which had a lackluster game that came out a long time ago and then announced its mobile rebrand in a high-profile manner, Turn 10 has two active and popular games going now and Forza Street has come along in a very subdued fashion. That tells me that they just wanted to get in while the idea of rebranding games is still feasible* and aren't too concerned if it flops, especially since they're not pinning the entire franchise on its success like Blizzard is apparently doing.

At best they get a decent chunk of micro-transaction cash in the relatively short shelf life most mobile games have, at worst it'll slide by unnoticed and end up as the subject of a "hey, remember this?" GTPlanet article a couple years from now. Either way, the stakes don't feel very high here.

*and you just know this is gonna be the next target of Indignant Gamer Rage once other game studios start doing it and everyone is tired of yelling about Epic Store exclusives

After much digging this game is a reskinned "Miami Street", a game published back from over 10 months ago:

Bonus points for the like ratio and the comments.

What is happening is that Microsoft Studios releases "Miami Street" back then but doesn't gather as much attention as they wanted. So now they pulled out that game, put some Forza branding on top of it, and released it again later as "Forza Street".

Literal reskin.

Not even an UI change, car list change, "underground" feel, mission structure, etc. Like, literal reskin.

You'll get a game that not only aesthetically out of place from both Motorsport and Horizon series (more fitting to NFS), but also not offering what basically the core of Forza series: the driving.

Enjoy the game all you want. But I rest my case. If it's not plays like Forza, it is not Forza, its just a cashgrab with popular brand slapped on it.

When have games in the same genre simply existing stopped other games from releasing in the same genre?

Plus, I can guarantee that if there was a full bore effort to bring the Forza experience, or at least, a truncated version of it to mobile phones, then people would have complained about not caring for FH4/FM7.

It is quite hilarious to see some people's reaction to this, and imagine what it would be like if it was on the other side of the fence.

When have games in the same genre simply existing stopped other games from releasing in the same genre?
I don't meant that.

I meant if the publisher wants to use Forza Brand atleast present the core gameplay the same as the main, console games.

For example NFS No Limits. Even if in many ways different, but the core gameplay hasn't changed from the main console counterparts: an actual racing with driving mechanics.

If the game cannot serve that, then just better use different name, like "Miami Street".

I'm mot going to argue further. I'm not Microsoft Studios, I'll let Racing Gamers and Forza Fans decide.

I don't meant that.

I meant if the publisher wants to use Forza Brand atleast present the core gameplay the same as the main, console games.

For example NFS No Limits. Even if in many ways different, but the core gameplay hasn't changed from the main console counterparts: an actual racing with driving mechanics.

If the game cannot serve that, then just better use different name, like "Miami Street".

I'm mot going to argue further. I'm not Microsoft Studios, I'll let Racing Gamers and Forza Fans decide.
That's a whole lot that you didn't say at all.

Thats tempting but i will wait for the Iracing Mario Kart mobile game.

It would be really funny if Sony announced a port of Gran Turismo Sport about now.

Kaz is way too much of a perfectionist to compromise his franchise for mobile drag racing game,if there ever was a GT Mobile it would be more like Gran Turismo for the PSP(which if you think about it is not a bad idea for a mobile game nowadays)

Mobile Forza could have been interesting. I like Asphalt despite horrible MT crap and NFS was good a few years ago. Simpler arcade physics and controls in short races is fine for mobile.

This is just lazily slapping a name on an existing game that wasn't interesting people by itself.

I for one am enjoying Street. Sure, it's just a "rebadged" Miami Street, but just think about this: How could they port even a small portion of Motorsport or Horizon to something that would melt and catch fire from all the data?

Just compare it with games like CSR2 and go on with your lives.

How could they port even a small portion of Motorsport or Horizon to something that would melt and catch fire from all the data?

Hot take: Most phones worth over £500/$600 nowadays (mid-range and above) have gaming performance which is on par with 7th generation consoles... Although this is pretty evident as there is a mobile port of GRID Autosport including all the DLC running fine on mobile platforms.

I appreciate what Forza Street is trying to do and glad some people such as yourself are having fun with it, but it doesn't look involving enough for me. Modern phones would be capable of running a port of Forza Horizon 1 with closed circuit racing only, or Forza Motorsport 4 with car list sized equivalent to FM5, they would be more enticing propositions.

After 2 days of play, I have a fairly good garage so far:

2015 Ford Mustang
2011 BMW Z4
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
1967 Lamborghini Miura

Been playing every day since it came out last week and this is what I got so far with no real money put into the game at all:
ZWySDeR.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm actually having fun with it.

Been playing every day since it came out last week and this is what I got so far with no real money put into the game at all:
ZWySDeR.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm actually having fun with it.
Oh my goodness I'm jealous right now. I want to play collect those cars too! :(

Couldn't give a damn what people say about this being a "rebadged blah blah", I want to play this game because to me, it looks interesting and fun. It also reminds of Initial D a little too, where two cars race and battling each other to the finish (especially if one car is weaker than the other in power haha).

Back