Forza3 can't be compared with GT5....

• Thread starter crea
  • 424 comments
evilgloomy
just played it for a bit.... Turn 10 did tried really hard to compete with PD.... but they failed at some really minor details from what I noticed... yes, they have reverse lights....BUT... they can't even get the California's brake light to light up correctly... if I'm ferrari, I wouldn't be too happy about it. it looks like they just rushed it and forgot to look at the details.

what I think of Forza so far is that its a fun game, but the developer definitely didn't put the heart into the game, but rather made it to please the community.

They did what you people ask for... especially in terms of car selection, one or two cars from the entire model to represent the line up. ie One single R33 GTR to represent the entire R33 Skyline line up... etc I could list a lot more examples. I want choice, not being forced into what they think its best.

I can't say i'm disappointed in the car selection in F3, what I don't like is that they base the cars from a certain region only. I mean, they have the Euro Civic Type R, but not the JDM FD2 Civic Type R. or not to mention there are no R35 GTR in the car list (could be because the car is co-developed with PD) From what I noticed, PD seems to respect auto manufacturer a lot more compare with any other racing games out there. especially in terms of authenticity. Every car in GT5 have the original model designation logo as the license plate. like the one manufacturer put on during car shows.

Car tuning in this game again its still a step up over GT series especially with the exterior customization. This alone would allow me to spend the most time into it. Especially when I can show off my customized ride online its something I really like about Forza. I loved it when in Forza 2, i used a stock 300HP STI with real world tuning philosophy and kicked everyone's ass in the Class B range and people kept wondering why their 450HP turbo upgraded EVO wasn't able to keep up.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game in the next couple of days, its still a fun game and it will be a good choice to ease the pain of waiting for GT5 until next march. But as a GT5 competitor, its far from it.

They did what you people ask for... especially in terms of car selection, one or two cars from the entire model to represent the line up. ie One single R33 GTR to represent the entire R33 Skyline line up... etc I could list a lot more examples. I want choice, not being forced into what they think its best.

I can't say i'm disappointed in the car selection in F3, what I don't like is that they base the cars from a certain region only. I mean, they have the Euro Civic Type R, but not the JDM FD2 Civic Type R. or not to mention there are no R35 GTR in the car list (could be because the car is co-developed with PD) F

Nice read 👍
Also nice to read your opinion.
The lack of 40 Skylines or 12 Civics would be a big plus to me ;-)
But it beeing on the Xbox means I will never buy it.

I liked the demo and I cant wait for the game. I still wish the cars had more variety within model generations. Like I wish my car was in the game. They have the new STi but why not the 2009 WRX sedan :( Oh well. Just a few more weeks and Ill be getting my console and game.

...BUT... they can't even get the California's brake light to light up correctly... if I'm ferrari, I wouldn't be too happy about it. it looks like they just rushed it and forgot to look at the details.

I brought this up before but apparent that's how it is for the California.

just played it for a bit.... Turn 10 did tried really hard to compete with PD.... but they failed at some really minor details from what I noticed... yes, they have reverse lights....BUT... they can't even get the California's brake light to light up correctly... if I'm ferrari, I wouldn't be too happy about it. it looks like they just rushed it and forgot to look at the details.

I'm a GT man. Always have been. But, i've read most of the reviews for FM3 and it would appear it is being deemed a superb game - which I'm sure it is.

I did laugh out loud when I read your post however. To open your argument by stating Gran Turismo isn't in competition with Forza is becaused one car's brakelights don't work properly just made you look like an absolute idiot. Also, the fact that you're having that debate shows you do see Forza as competition.

The reason GT and Forza aren't competition for one another is because they are exclusive to totally different consoles. That's why.

Little Big Planet is more competition than Forza. If you've go £40 in your pocket, all PS3 games are competition for GT5. You're hardly gonna walk into a shop and instead of buying GT5 you suddenly decide - actually, give me an xbox, a copy of Forza 3, twelve months subscription to xbox live, a second controller, a HDMI cable etc etc. It's just not gonna happen, so can we stop saying Forza is a threat for crying out loud!

Last edited:
they can't even get the California's brake light to light up correctly... if I'm ferrari, I wouldn't be too happy about it. it looks like they just rushed it and forgot to look at the details.

What did they mess up? They look like they light up properly from my experience with the demo.

They did that to offer more manufacturers. With FM3 (and FM2), the thousands of parts that you can choose from to build your own Skylines, and your unlimited liveries, allows you to create an infinite number of Skylines.

But both games are headed in different directions. I think both games will be 10 out of 10 in my book, with neither game better than the other.

I used to think GT 5 was gonna mop the floor with Forza 3, but it's hard not to noticed that Forza 3 is the highest scoring racing game this gen and .... now I'm not feelin quite so confident about that any more.

GT5 isn't out yet? :confused:
Yeah I know it's not out yet. But Forza 3 placing itself as the highest scoring racing game this gen certainly doesn't fill me with the confidence I once had.

Have you read the Forza 3 reviews?

It's not impossible, but GT 5 is gonna have one hell of a time topping it.

So saying Forza 3 isn't competition for GT 5.... seems kinda weak. At this point it's more fair to ask if GT 5 will be competition for Forza 3.

they can't even get the California's brake light to light up correctly... if I'm ferrari, I wouldn't be too happy about it. it looks like they just rushed it and forgot to look at the details.

actually its PD that does not get it right :odd:

I think Forza will be great and GT will need to step it up to compete with it.

IMO, you didn't say anything that would knock Forza out of GT's legaue. I like the car selection (though the GT-R is a big loss), don't mind the look (and consider GT's graphics addiction a downfall), and as far as I can tell, Forza can do physics well (going by Forza 2, unfortunately haven't played 3).

Also, no one has played GT5, so this can't be definite.

I see them as very even competitors, revision pending once I play both games.

Yeah I know it's not out yet. But Forza 3 placing itself as the highest scoring racing game this gen certainly doesn't fill me with the confidence I once had.

It's not impossible, but GT 5 is gonna have one hell of a time topping it.

So saying Forza 3 isn't competition for GT 5.... seems kinda weak. At this point it's more fair to ask if GT 5 will be competition for Forza 3.
But at the same time, most of the reviews are saying that, a Race Sim that the casusals will enjoy. That to me either sounds like, a race sim for dummies, or race sim for the arcade racer.

Not dogging FM3 , just saying.

But at the same time, most of the reviews are saying that, a Race Sim that the casusals will enjoy. That to me either sounds like, a race sim for dummies, or race sim for the arcade racer.

What reviews are you reading?

Have you seen Inside SIM Racing's review?

They flat out say that Forza 3 physics are just as good as any top tier PC racing SIM. They say that the clutch and transmission modeling is better than any SIM ...ever.

They are HARDCORE SIM Racing fans, the kind that laugh at consoles, and they absolutely gushed all over Forza 3. They even consider the Damage modeling and AI to be benchmarks for the industry.

Higher praise I can't imagine.

Forza 3 is as hardcore as they come it seems.

that review sounds like someone was paid off in my oipion. after playing the demo there is no way its that good on the physics side. the California with all assists off is almost imposable to kick the rear end out. there is also no evidince of snap back once you do get a car to step the back end out. to drift i had to hit the e-brake to get any of them to drift. it just doesn't seem right to me so i hope the full version that the Sim guys hopefully reviewed is far better than the demo. only 2 weeks will tell.

They flat out say that Forza 3 physics are just as good as any top tier PC racing SIM. They say that the clutch and transmission modeling is better than any SIM ...ever.

They are HARDCORE SIM Racing fans, the kind that laugh at consoles, and they absolutely gushed all over Forza 3. They even consider the Damage modeling and AI to be benchmarks for the industry.

you mean what review was i watching? its the car sim review site that has that annoying bald headed guy, and his tall friend, and that cute girl. i would link the site, but I am work, and it blocks it.
And i cant remember the site name atm.

They also Voted Forza 2 over GT5P for better game, they also have a clueless cohost. These "hardcore" sim racers seem to prefer the "mass appeal" instead of the refined tastes.

I used to think GT 5 was gonna mop the floor with Forza 3, but it's hard not to noticed that Forza 3 is the highest scoring racing game this gen and .... now I'm not feelin quite so confident about that any more.

I am fairly confident that Forza 3 will get higher critic scores than GT5.

I am very confident that the main reasons for the higher scores will be for features that I really don't care about (livery editors, selling cars online etc.)

I am very confident that I will be happier with what PD chooses to emphasize than with what Turn 10 choose to emphasize.

In the end it won't make a difference for me because:
I am very confident that I won't be getting a 360.
and
I am extremely confident that I will be happy with GT5 whether or not it is better than Forza3.

what I think of Forza so far is that its a fun game, but the developer definitely didn't put the heart into the game, but rather made it to please the community.

you mean what review was i watching? its the car sim review site that has that annoying bald headed guy, and his tall friend, and that cute girl. i would link the site, but I am work, and it blocks it.

that review sounds like someone was paid off in my oipion. after playing the demo there is no way its that good on the physics side. the California with all assists off is almost imposable to kick the rear end out. there is also no evidince of snap back once you do get a car to step the back end out. to drift i had to hit the e-brake to get any of them to drift. it just doesn't seem right to me so i hope the full version that the Sim guys hopefully reviewed is far better than the demo. only 2 weeks will tell.

Guys, the AUP does ask that you use decent grammar, and that does include capital letters at the start of sentences, for the letter "I" and for nouns.

Please take more care when posting in the future.

Thanks

Scaff

Last edited:
They also Voted Forza 2 over GT5P for better game, they also have a clueless cohost. These "hardcore" sim racers seem to prefer the "mass appeal" instead of the refined tastes.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Inside SIM Racing is as elitist as they come. When they review a game they are reviewing it for the Hardcore, not the casuals.

Can you blame them for Forza 2 ( a Full game ) beating out a beefy demo.

You can't be serious.👎

Last edited by a moderator:
Opininon noted. I will verify this when i get the game but for now forza seems still like a hamburger and i hope GT5 will still be something from the menu of a real restaurant.

But Forza 3 placing itself as the highest scoring racing game this gen certainly doesn't fill me with the confidence I once had.
That doesn't seem like a particularly lofty feat in and of itself, given it's only going up against games like Shift and Grid.

I have. It currently has a metascore of 92 based on 27 reviews, including five reviews from Xbox-only sites (plus Xbox-loving Eurogamer). Despite this "home field advantage" in the metascore, it's only managed to outscore one iteration of GT.

At this point it's more fair to ask if GT 5 will be competition for Forza 3.
Given the fact that it's getting a damage model that will likely outshine Forza's, and should have reasonably well-exectued online play, I suspect GT5 will do just fine. :)

I think one of the reasons Forza gets such high scores in reviews is it's wide appeal to all kinds of gamers. Turn10 has basicly made the game that anyone can enjoy (not just racers) with emphasis on many different aspects of cars rather than just the racing itself. It's sort of a jack of all trades, What's different with GT is it's focused only on what it wants to be.. On KY's dream of that perfect game, so while forza keeps throwing up more features that makes it more friendly to the casual crowd, GT stays on it's own path. That is why they aren't really comparable in all aspects.

However, seeing as they are both Racing games ofcorse comparisons will be thrown up and I'm sure some will be favouring Forza and others favouring GT. We can be assured though that those who own a PS3 and an Xbox360 (one that's still alive =/) will be well catered for in this genre for the coming year or two.

You can't be serious.👎

As a hearattack.

Don't get me wrong, i think Forza 3 is a huge step forward from 2 but just not where I would like to see it. At first play the FM3 demo felt like GT4's physics. Not what i was expecting. I will still be buying the Limeted Edition, pre-ordering it theis weekend, so i am not bashing Forza just my impresions. As far as GT vs. FM they truley can't be compaired becasue of the exclusiveness of different consoles. I wonder what the ratio of console owners that have both is versus the owners that only have one? The only time there will be competiton is when someone ownes both consoles. Me personally I will be gettig both. Also they will both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

That doesn't seem like a particularly lofty feat in and of itself, given it's only going up against games like Shift and Grid.

Because SHIFT and GRID are the only racing games this gen?

There have been ( no exaggeration ) HUNDREDS of racing games released so far this gen.

I have. It currently has a metascore of 92 based on 27 reviews, including five reviews from Xbox-only sites (plus Xbox-loving Eurogamer). Despite this "home field advantage" in the metascore, it's only managed to outscore one iteration of GT.

Because GT games don't receive reviews from pro sony sites?

When I look at the highest scoring racing games ( not just talking SIM racing games but racing games in general ) this gen ( both at gamerankings AND metacritic ) it looks like this....

1. Forza 3
2. Forza 2
3. GTR 2

Given the fact that it's getting a damage model that will likely outshine Forza's, and should have reasonably well-exectued online play, I suspect GT5 will do just fine. :)

GT 5 will do better than "just fine" come review time. It will do great.

I used to think GT 5 was gonna mop the floor with Forza 3, but honestly I wasn't expecting Forza 3 to score nearly so high. That surprised me. GT 5 beating Forza 3 at this point is far from the foregone conclusion I used to believe.

Not dogging FM3? That is all you do :lol:. Actually, the reviews have stated that it's a racing game that is appealing to the hardcore racers AND the casual racers. Sounds like they nailed it.

Yup...insideSimRacing...one of their BEST sim racing reviewed titles, including PC. They are all about hardcore. Best sim site to watch reviews and gaming about racing sims. Love them.

It's up against every racing title this generation. Sounds like a pretty damn good feat actually.

I have. It currently has a metascore of 92 based on 27 reviews, including five reviews from Xbox-only sites (plus Xbox-loving Eurogamer).

Sweet. That means we can pull all the biased PS3 reviews out of the metacritic scores for GT games. Now we are talking. BTW, it's my experience that Eurogamer foams at the mouth for PS games actually. More home field advantage for GT.

As a hearattack.

Don't get me wrong, i think Forza 3 is a huge step forward from 2 but just not where I would like to see it. At first play the FM3 demo felt like GT4's physics. Not what i was expecting. I will still be buying the Limeted Edition, pre-ordering it theis weekend, so i am not bashing Forza just my impresions. As far as GT vs. FM they truley can't be compaired becasue of the exclusiveness of different consoles. I wonder what the ratio of console owners that have both is versus the owners that only have one? The only time there will be competiton is when someone ownes both consoles. Me personally I will be gettig both. Also they will both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

Sorry but I just can't take you seriously. The first sentence I read of yours was you claiming that Forza 3 scoring so high was some kind of conspiracy with reviewers being paid off.

Drop the fanboy routine.

The "ABC Company paid them off" routine gets old really fast when people see stuff that they don't like. It's like crying wolf.

Lets close this thread, and reopen it when GT5 actually come to the consumer. I have seen this type of thread before and the conclusion is simple each time, you cannot compare GT5: Prologue with a FULL game like Forza 3. GT5P is not a FULL game at least in my eyes it lacks a lot of features, however hence the meaning of the title prologue. A beginning to something!

You are comparing Apples with Oranges, and that my friends is just not realistic.

Chad

Back