Four Hours: The Nürburgring 4Hr Companion & Competition

• Thread starter Famine
  • 989 comments
Suzuki GSXR-4 RM tires 554PP 230hp
Laps 28
Race Time 4:06:50
My best lap 8:28
R8 LMS best lap ~8:24
All the other cars were rolling roadblocks.

I've started this race (finally) and on a lark decided to use the Suzuki GSXR-4, somewhat tuned with RM tires. 554PP 230hp I'm not experienced on Nurburgring and I wanted something quick but not ridiculous. I've tested this race for a few laps in other cars but never this one...

I was a bit reluctant to start when I saw the R8 LMS in the pack. From previous practice runs I know he sets a blistering pace. But I decided to go all in.

I'm 9 laps in and it's apparrent I'm overpowered. Not by outright speed (the R8 LMS owns me on the straight) or by lap time (the R8 actually laps a couple of seconds faster on fresh tires) but by tire wear and fuel consumption. My only complaint about the car is I have the suspension too stiff for the ring. I'm bouncing in some areas making it somewhat skittish.

The R8 LMS ran 4 fast laps, with me holding a 10-14 second lead all along. But his 5th lap was miserable. I was pulling away 5 seconds per sector. He pitted on lap 5/6.

I ran 7 laps on my first stint and still had half my fuel and 40% of my tires left. My lap 7 was only 10 seconds off my lap 2, so I could have gone another but didn't want to push it. Certainly no need to. 7 laps between stops means 3 stops for 28 laps. No problem doing the race on only 3 stops.

I opted for 15 liters since that would take barely longer than the tire change. I went in the pits with a 1:30 gap and came out with a :45 gap.

The out lap and lap 9 I have held my gap but I know he will slow on lap 10 and pit 10/11. I'll run to lap 14 before I pit again so it's very much in the bag unless I SERIOUSLY mess up.

Lap 10. He did slow as expected but I spun TWICE and so didn't gain any time. After he pitted I was 2:30 ahead.

Laps 11 and 12 uneventful other than another off-track. Lapped 4 cars. I'm starting to feel tired and slowing a little. I spent 4 hours running time trials and seasonals this morning. Guess I should have started this race this morning when I was fresh. :lol: Gap is now 2:05.

Lap 14. The Amuse GT-1 and the Yellowbird got together 50 yards in front of me, sending the Yellowbird spinning. Smoke obscured the track and all I could do was hold the wheel straight and hope. I came out the other side with no contact. The rear view showed the Yellowbird still spinning in the grass. Into the pits a few seconds past the 2 hour mark. Taking 30 liters this time. Before pitting the gap was 1:58. After pitting 1:15.

Lap 15. My fiancee decides to have a conversation with me about bubble wrap. I'm not a good multi-tasker. Another off. Still manage to increase the gap to 1:46 because the R8 LM has lost his tires again. After the R8 pitted the gap is 3:06

Lap 16. The R8 has a strong lap and I'm held up by lap traffic. The gap is 2.59

Lap 17. I ran my best lap so far. 8:28. The R8 was even faster. The gap is 2:55. (That means the R8 LM ran a lap around 8:24)

Lap 18. Definately NOT my best lap so far. I came around the last corner coming onto the back straight and the Yellowbird was sitting sideways in the road. I went off-track and bounced off the guardrail to avoid hitting him, killing my speed and my lap. The R8 also didn't have a good lap. The gap is 2:58

Taking a break for dinner.

Lap 19. Uneventful. Gap 2:52

Lap 20. Passed 1 lap car. Gap 3:24 before the R8 pitted. 4:37 after he pitted. Not sure what took so long. He may have had an off.

Lap 21. Last pit stop for me. Fresh tires and 40 liters. With some quick math in my head (which turned out to be wrong...) I decided that if I slow down and let the R8 get close that I can save myself from doing a 28th lap.

Lap 22-27. Half-throttle and short shifted until the R8 was 30 seconds behind me (including his pit stop). I was running 10 minute laps. And then at the beginning of lap 27 I realized it was all for nothing. The R8 was going to cross the line beginning the 28th lap after before the clock ran out. That meant not only was I going to have to do a 28th lap, but all the time I wasted was just going to be tacked on to the end.

Lap 28. I crossed the line with 2:05 on the clock. The R8 was 1:54 behind me. No danger of being caught but the R8 has newer tires and is just plain faster so I keep the hammer down. The clock expired with the R8 1:50 behind me. Just a cruise to the end.

But you remember that Yellowbird? I came around a corner and there he was sideways in the track. Again. And again I went off to avoid hitting him and smacked the guardrail. I lapped the Yellowbird 5 times in this race and 4 of those times I had to dodge him as he was crashing. What are the odds of that happening 4 times in 1 race? Not bad evidently. So back on track, now 1:42 ahead.

And then I got killed. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I think I ran wide and got 2 tires in the grass, but whatever the case I ended up in a spectacular firey crash that SURELY I could not have survived. I feel confident the replay will be on Faces of Death Episode 11.

But of course I wasn't dead. Nothing hurt but my pride, so I backed away from the wall and slowly ground my way back to the pavement a mere 1:25 ahead. This time I managed to keep it on course and complete the race.

Assuming the same number of crashes (I see no reason to assume less), if I didn't slow down I would have finished 5:50ish ahead. Not horrible for a 4 hour race, but more of a gap than I would like. And clearly that gap was due to the LMS making 5 stops to my 3. If I should do it again I'd lower the PP to 530 (assuming the LMS is in the field). Without the LMS I'd have to do a test run to see what PP to run.

Last edited:

So if during testing/practice, your car runs less than 9 minute laps on the 'Ring, your car will be too strong to have a close race!

Unless the R8 LMS or GT1 Turbo is in the field. If you're running 9 minute laps against them you'll probably get lapped.

Last edited:
First post updated with some more recent attempts and some purdy pictures.

Hi all,

I would like this post to be a race report however for that I need some advice.

The car of my choice is Ferrari F430.

I've just finished this race minutes age and used the 430 Scuderia. It was almost stock ('box and racing air filter) on RS tyres and it was well to powerful and fast around the 'Ring. No competition.

I Will post a full report after I've watched the replay for data but for now my head hurts for all that Green Hell!

First post updated with some more recent attempts and some purdy pictures.
Nice leaderboard/pictures. Though I noticed you ranked SS Tyres as the Softest compound but not RS Tyres. I thought RS were better than SS?

Nice leaderboard/pictures. Though I noticed you ranked SS Tyres as the Softest compound but not RS Tyres. I thought RS were better than SS?

It means that SS tires were the softest tires used in that particular race.

How do you know what Tyres the AI are using?

The AI always use RM tires in this event. The list in the first post is what tires the player is using.

And if you ever need to know what tires the AI are using, just watch the replay and switch to one of the AI cars. You'll see their tires.

Bri-Y started that race on Sport Mediums and switched to Sport Softs during a pit stop. In the absence of a way to show multiple tyre grades, I put his race on the list according to the softest grade he used in that race.

I did some further test runs with ~ 450 pp cars, sadly many of them were standards, with RM or RS tyres. While it's fun and also challenging, I felt there was something missing. Those tyres at the limit simply isn't my limit.

Now bear with me, but the SLS (stealth) I tried today on SM tyres is a different story alltogether. I know it overpowers the competition on the straight, but in the corners it's so utterly joyful to fight for grip. Adds a lot of texture to the Nordschleife. And the really good bit is: it eats through the tyres like a mad animal if one fools around or has a heavy foot/finger. That's one of the things I missed since GT4: really looking after the tyres. Yet it is composed enough for a 4 hour race.

I did ~ 8:54 laps, so downgrading power or tyres to SH should be a thing to consider depending on the grid.

But I had a pretty good fight for 2nd place for the 2 laps I ran (stupid me forgot to note the AI, it was a 350z probably the GT version I was chasing/been chased by)

Here's my steed for my latest attempt :D

n4lp400b.jpg

That's bought from the UCD, stupid wing and Matte Purple applied, Sports Softs fitted and taken straight to the 'Ring without stopping to fiddle with anything. 505PP, 340ish horsepower and no other mods... :D

Wish me luck :lol:

Good luck! I love the Lamborghini Countach so I hope you win. Based "on paper" you should win. Enough PP, and a decent amount of power. However, that's "on paper". In reality, that car is 37 years old, and so the Suspension and tyre Grip are likely to suffer, as well as braking, acceleration and handling. Good luck.

Though why the stupid wing and why apply Matte Purple paint? I like my Countach in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Orange/White/Black, so Matte Purple is not my first choice. ;) The wing I assume is for added rear downforce and therefore grip.

Though why the stupid wing and why apply Matte Purple paint?

This is Famine. Famine is always in the purple. :D

Stupid wing is because it's a race for tuner cars and tuner cars have stupid wings. Purple because of purple :D Check out the Eagle Talon in the thread logo :lol:

Could a RUF Yellowbird win this race? I don't have one, (I have a BTR '86 but not a CTR2) but I love the Yellowbird. :)

I was looking at the BTR before I went for the Countach - I don't have a BTR, but I have a Countach :D

The Yellowbird should be a clear win and a lot of fun. The Countach is brilliant for four laps and psychotic for a fifth and it uses two Imperial gallons of gas per lap - 7.6mpg (Imp) or 6.3mpg (US). I love it :D

The BTR is a bit of a handful, but I like it. It's not that fast though. :(

As for the MPG, that is fine. I worked out my lovely 512BB did 6MPG on GV300km and an MX-5 did only 9MPG on 4H Tsubuka. ;)

Stupid wing is because it's a race for tuner cars and tuner cars have stupid wings.
Wait, so in the race criteria it says your car must be tuned? Or is that just to be competitive?

s2k2k3
I just spit coffee through my nose... :lol:

OK I know, off topic...

The first time I saw it I couldn't remember that it was a club, so I assumed he ment to say "I <3 seals" then when I remembered it was a club it was funny

Wait, so in the race criteria it says your car must be tuned? Or is that just to be competitive?

Neither. Just all the opponents are tuner cars, so mine may as well look like one.

I'm odd, I know :D

Famine
Neither. Just all the opponents are tuner cars, so mine may as well look like one.

I'm odd, I know :D

Nah, I mean nothing fits a classic Lamborghini like an ironing board. That adds some real class and panache to it. ;)

Good luck, though I see you are now attacking the sports tyres leaderboard as well :/

It's no worse than what they did to it.

Incidentally, this particular race is fantastic. The Lamborghini is just the right level of lunacy for four laps and then stone-cold psychotic for a fifth. I haven't crashed yet, but it's not because the Lamborghini's not trying to kill me.

It is, sadly, just a bit too much car for the event - I'm 8s up at just-over-halfway despite having done one more pit stop (37s up at the end of lap 13, 37s up at 2hr just a minute later, stopped on 14 and came out in the lead), which should translate to about a minute's win at the end of lap 26 - though I might sandbag the last two laps to hit 26 at the 4hr mark.

Famine
It's no worse than what they did to it.

Or, in fact what I did to a plastic diy modell car when I was abount 12: paint it metallic gold. Have to say perfect colour for the car :)

Looking very much forward to the full report and maybe a few spectacular pictures!

Famine
Bri-Y started that race on Sport Mediums and switched to Sport Softs during a pit stop. In the absence of a way to show multiple tyre grades, I put his race on the list according to the softest grade he used in that race.

Hey Famine, I was totally using Racing soft tires trying to make up that huge gap! I ended up using sports hard, sports soft and racing soft, though the switch to those was too late. Now my 2nd attempt was done with Sports Hard tires the whole race.

21st July 2011
Car used: Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
Tuning: None of which to speak. Sport soft tyres and a wing for no real reason.
PP: 505PP
Power, Weight, PWR: 349hp, 1065kg, 327.7hp/tonne

Grid:
1. M. Holcomb; Mine's Lancer Evolution '00
2. T. Negri; Opera Performance 350Z '04
3. W. Hooper; Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune R34 '99
4. R. Montero; Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
5. R. Azuma; Ruf CTR2 '96
6. L. Woodard; Art Morrison Corvette '60
7. GTP_Famine; Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
8. O. Jenkins; Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera
9. L. Maldonado; HPA Stage II R32
10. N. Friedmann; Nissan Option Stream Z '04
11. V. Meadows; RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
12. S. Raynaud; Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune Z33 '03

Lap 1 - 9'13.310
Intersting line-up...

The significantly increased power of the Countach compared to my earlier attempts isn't enough to stop the pack pulling away like usual, though I at least stay 7th into the braking zone for turn 1. Which, for a change, I stuff up on the cold sport tyres. However, everyone is avoided and I nick up one places, making it two by beating the 380RS around the Mercedes Arena.

The R-tune is unexpectedly slow leaving the Arena and the Opera Z is unexpectedly slow entering the Kumho Kurve, which puts me up into third and on the tail of a very wayward, but very fast, Art Morrison Corvette. He puts up a fight right through to Flugplatz where, contrary to all known laws of physics, we find two separate lines and come out having changed places. Cleanly. Lawks.

And this means the chase is on to the leading Ruf CTR2 who has already pulled out seven seconds of lead. The lead doesn't fall, but it doesn't rise much until Dottinger. He adds three seconds between the gantry and the finish line.

Lap 2 - 8'57.085
And this looks like being the theme for the race. 13s deficit at the end of the GP track falls to 8s deficit at the Dottinger gantry and rises to 12s at the finish line.

Lap 3 - 9'02.083
Now I'm vaguely aware I'm being followed. There's a silvery shape behind me that I assume to be the Corvette on warm tyres, but he's not gaining all that much. In fact, while I'm busy cutting the Ruf's GP track lead of 14s down to 10s, I don't see much other than a silvery blur.

And then, halfway down Dottinger, it comes past. It's the last-starting Z-tune! I follow him through Antoniusbusche and Tiergarten and decide not to push the sports tyres on a pass through Hohenrain. I finish the lap 3rd, 15 seconds down on the Ruf.

Lap 4 - 9'05.868
More of the same - 18s at the end of the GP track falls to 12 seconds at the gantry and back up to 15s by the finish line. Ho hum.

Lap 5 - 9'14.091 & pit-in
This time, the Ruf pulls little advantage over the GP track - the gap stays at 15s at Nordkehre. The Z-tune is slowing badly and is picked off as he tiptoes around Breidscheid. The gap falls to 12s to the Ruf by the gantry and, as I dive into the pits, the Ruf makes his stop ahead of me (and the Z-tune too, behind me).

45 litres of gas have been used - 9 per lap - meaning I'll need no fuel this time out, but, in my haste to pause, photograph and resume, I hit the wrong X and 45 litres is requested. D'oh! This adds a solid 30 seconds to my pitstop time. D'oh!

Lap 6 - 9'47.024 & pit-out
I come out of the pits in... the lead? That Ruf must absolute swim in fuel. Cripes. The Ruf leaves 8 seconds later and spend the GP track distance closing the gap to six.

And then spends the Nordschleife making no gains at all. Odd. Dottinger helps him out a little and the gap is 3s at the line.

Lap 7 - 8'58.224
That's the recipe for the next lap too - the lead falls to almost nothing after the GP track, rises to three by the gantry and falls back to 2s at the finish line. The Ruf can't make the inroads, it seems.

The hour passes with me hitting Bergwerk at 6 laps plus 4'40.539.

Lap 8 - 9'00.227
More of the same - 2 seconds becomes nearly nothing over the GP track, back up to five before Dottinger and back down to two at the finish line. Unless this Ruf can find a way to keep his first stint pace, the race will be decided in this session...

Lap 9 - 9'07.364
Despite a poor lap, the Ruf holds station. Again, he closes up to almost no gap at all entering the Nordschleife and again I stretch it out to five seconds by the gantry. Again, the gap is two seconds at the finish line...

Lap 10 - 9'13.724 & pit-in
The pattern repeats and as I dive into the pits, the Ruf follows me with a five second deficit.

The pitboard tells me I've used 46 litres - 9.2 per lap - so with 54 litres left I take my "free" fuel of 17 litres (in fact this causes just about 1.5s of extra static time, so it looks like the free load is 15 litres) to give me 71 litres in the tank and I pull out with a forty-two second lead...

Lap 11 - 9'30.053 & pit-out
This is vaguely disappointing now. The Ruf seemed so fast in the early stages, but now I'm out clear on my own and he only cuts the gap to 37s by the finish line.

Lap 12 - 8'57.702
Not quite a personal best, but it's enough to hold the Ruf back. The lead falls to 35s, rises back to 37s and then falls to 35s again at the finish line.

Lap 13 - 9'00.380
More of the same, though the Ruf makes no gain whatsoever - 35s rises to 38s and back to 35s at the finish line again.

Finishing this lap completes half the race distance, with 1hr 59'07.135 on the clock. I have, however, pitted only twice in this half of the race - I've got three stops in the second half. It looks like a smidge of sandbagging may be in order to get the full distance finished before the full time, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The top six at half race distance is:
1. GTP_Famine; Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
2. R. Azuma; Ruf CTR2 '96
3. S. Raynaud; Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune Z33 '03
4. V. Meadows; RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
5. W. Hooper; Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune R34 '99
6. L. Maldonado; HPA Stage II R32

Lap 14 - 9'03.305 & pit-in
The Ruf is in trouble here. 35 seconds becomes nearly 40 by the gantry and back to 36s at the finish line. By which time, of course, I've pitted and already left still in the lead. I'm now ahead on track and I've got one less pit stop to carry out, which is where most time is gained anyway...

My pit crew tell me I've got 65 litres of space in my tank, which means I've used 36 (71-35) - 9 litres per lap. I'm only doing four lap stints from now on, which require 36 litres each. I figure I may as well take on my "free" fuel of 15 litres, hit the deck with 50 in the tank and exit 9 seconds ahead of the Ruf.

Two other things of note. First, the 2 hour - half distance - mark passes with 52.865 seconds on the clock of this lap, leaving Kumho Kurve. Second, I lap the Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00 leaving Adenauer Forst and, worse still, preserve the lapping when I leave the pits - putting the Evo between me and the Ruf!

Lap 15 - 9'27.484 & pit-out
The predictable happens and the Evo holds the Ruf up for a couple of corners - 9 seconds becomes 12. But with a set of fresh tyres against the Ruf's last lap on an old set, the time keeps on stretching, sector by sector until it reachs 24s at the gantry and he dives into the pits.

Lap 16 - 8'58.470
A great lap and the chasing Ruf is now over 90s behind me. I catch and lap an extremely wayward Art Morrison Corvette at Wipperman - he looks like he's going for five lap stints and the fifth lap is a catastrophe. For illustration, I gain the entire length of the Dottinger straight between passing him at Wipperman and the time he enters Dottinger. That's nearly 40 seconds' advantage gained in 90 seconds... Lawks.

Lap 17 - 8'58.635
The Ruf is holding his distance at 1'28 back and can make no gains at all. A pair of 8'58 laps is my best back-to-back fast lap performance so far!

Lap 18 - 9'01.625 & pit-in
And backed up with a pit-in lap just over the nine minutes means this is a very quick stint indeed!

The pitcrew tell meI've space for 85 litres. That means I've got 15 left and have used 35 - 8.8 per lap. A quick beermat calculation tells me it'll be quicker to take on most of the remaining fuel I need here and barely any next stop, so I opt for 42 litres to give me 57 in total.

When I leave the pits, the Ruf is 41s back.

Lap 19 - 9'40.988 & pit-out
The fresh tyres help me pull the gap out to 50s by the gantry again and the Ruf will be due a stop next lap. I'm starting to look down the road now to work out my final stint strategy without fear of losing.

Lap 20 - 8'56.421
As I pass the pits, I lap an unknown car who's sitting static in his garage - which by a process of elimination turns out to be the Opera 350Z. The gap to the Ruf behind me is climbing every sector until it reaches 1'07 at the finish line and he dives into the pits.

The three hour marks passes at 19 laps plus 5'42.358 elapsed, on the way through Klostertal.

Lap 21 - 9'05.737
Bit of a sloppy lap, not helped by a nearly-immobile Option Stream Z in the middle of Karussell forcing me to take the outside line. Helpful. The Ruf pops out of the pits 2'15 back and sets about closing the gap.

Lap 22 - 9'04.990
At this point it's becoming apparent that I'm going to arrive at the finish some 2 minutes ahead of the time limit. I either sandbag for 30 seconds a lap, or go for it. Seeing as I've got the gas to do it and it'll help me determine the race times of the backmarkers I've long since lost track of, I stay out for another lap. It's a little wayward, but the Ruf can only close to 2'00 by the finish line.

Lap 23 - 9'07.906 & pit-in
The usual fifth lap hilarity ensues, but it's all good in the end.

I dive into the pits 1'53 ahead. My pit crew say I've got space for 88 litres - and apparently aren't paying attention to the fact I won't get through all that - which means 12 left, so I take on 26 litres to give me 38 to finish four laps. That 5 lap stint used 45 litres - 9 per lap.

Lap 24 - 9'29.377 & pit-out
The Ruf has closed up to 1'14 due to the pit stop, but again my fresh tyres and his tired ones come into play as I take ten seconds from him in that lap.

Lap 25 - 8'53.385
Holy crap! New personal best by a wide margin. Not even held up by lapping the Mine's Lancer Evolution VI again, this time at Hohe Acht. The Ruf loses another fifteen seconds this lap too. And then he pits. Ouch.

Lap 26 - 8'56.148
What would have been a new personal best if not for the previous lap :lol:

As I cross the line to start the lap, I lap the immobile Amuse Carbon R sitting in the pits. The Ruf leaves his pitstop 2'57 down and I'm just cruising at this point.

Lap 27 - 9'05.049
A terribly lethargic lap (hey, why not), sees all but two of the opponent AI finish their races, which allows me to work out their race speeds. Zing. Nothing of any consequence occurs - 4 hours passes at 26 laps plus 2'08.394 elapsed - and the Countach takes the win in 4 hours, 6 minutes 56.655s

1st GTP_Famine; Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74; 27 laps, 4:06'56.655
2nd R. Azuma; Ruf CTR2 '96; 26 laps, 4:00'52
3rd S. Raynaud; Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune; 26 laps, 4:02'15
4th O. Jenkins; Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera; 26 laps, 4:04'14
5th V. Meadows; RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7; 26 laps, 4:05'32
6th L. Maldonado; HPA Stage II R32; 26 laps, 4:05'38
7th W. Hooper; Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune R34 '99; 26 laps, 4:06'00
8th R. Montero; Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04; 26 laps, 4:07'30
9th N. Friedmann; Nissan Option Stream Z '04; 25 laps, 4:01'12
10th T. Negri; Opera Performance 350Z '04; 25 laps, 4:01'47
11th L. Woodard; Art Morrison Corvette '60; 25 laps, 4:06'07
12th M. Holcomb; Mine's Lancer Evolution '00; 24 laps, 4:08'10

Summary
Actually too easy as it turned out. Even the "usual" frontrunners of the HPA TT, HKS CT230R and Amuse GT1 wouldn't have stopped this win - although the Lamborghini is far too slow on Sport Hards to come away from this with a win. I guess 505PP is the benchmark for Sport Softs now, but it shouldn't be too hard to improve upon.

Summary
Actually too easy as it turned out. Even the "usual" frontrunners of the HPA TT, HKS CT230R and Amuse GT1 wouldn't have stopped this win - although the Lamborghini is far too slow on Sport Hards to come away from this with a win. I guess 505PP is the benchmark for Sport Softs now, but it shouldn't be too hard to improve upon.

Great writeup and thanks for the additional data gathered. Shame the Ruf couldn't keep up at half-time of the race.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you downgrade to SM or even SH during the race?

Other than that, that must have been some serious driving in the Lamborghini on worn tyres.

It was fun :D

Actually, I hadn't bought SM tyres. I like to do my whole race on one grade as it saves relearning corners halfway through :lol:

I'm watching the replay back, for some pictures and pit information. There's some odd crap going on with the AI. Almost all other AI opponents run a five or six lap schedule. The Amuse Carbon R runs a four lapper, the Amemiya RX-7 runs a seven lapper and the Mine's Evo shows no sign of actually stopping yet, but he can't have enough fuel to do a ninth so he's probably eight lapping (edit: Yep, he went to his last, red bar of fuel entering the pits at the end of lap 8!). The Amemiya, Fairlady Z-Tune, Opera 350Z and Art Morrison Corvette all stop with no rear tyres left at all and the Corvette loses all rear grip somewhere around Karussell on lap 5, crashing repeatedly in the latter half of the lap. Watching it take Antoniusbusche is an experience :lol:

Edit: Picture of today's opponents added to post 1.

Last edited:
Is there a "guide" this in-depth on this site for any other Endurance races? Only this thread is both very useful and interesting. 👍

I can honestly say I don't know. This is my favourite race in the game (I like the GV300 too, but I haven't done it in ages), so I keep doing it to the exclusion of every other race. 2m XP a time doesn't hurt either - I'm only a couple hundred thousand from level 38 now :lol:

I can tell you all the opponents for all the endurances, but I can't give you any particular assistance other than that.

Well thanks anyway. This looks like it'll be a fun race anyway. There are many cars I wish to do it with, but few seem good enough.

I just won the Shelby Cobra which I love, but I just did a 9:40 which is nowhere near good enough. It's fun but hard to drive. Or the XJ13, which does 9:30 laps but is hard to drive. The Countach is an option to drive (haven't tried it yet), as I did a 8:30 on the Nordschleife, which will likely mean 9:15-30ish on the 4HR track. :)

Last edited:
Back